Windows 11 Upgrade?

Have you upgraded your PC to Windows 11?

• Yes

Votes: 41 35.7%
  • No

Votes: 74 64.3%

• Total voters
I'm at the stage where my new AM5 system is up and running. I'm trying to decide what my final OS will be. I have a few questions:

1) Is Windows 11 stable and fully supported by all our SIMs and Tools?
2) Has anyone done the Windows 11 debloat ISO (via something like NTLite), and did it make a big difference in performance? Any issues or key points to note?
3) Is MS just going to patch my de-bloated OS three months from now and add everything I removed back?

Last edited:
1) Is Windows 11 stable and fully supported by all our SIMs and Tools?
I moved to a fresh win 11 when replacing my 10600k with a 7600x.
All running perfectly fine.
I'm using AC and ACC, rF2 also runs flawlessly.
Simhub with on screen overlays (windowed mode) + gsync, streamdeck as Button box, Android phone and old ipad for dash displays.

GPU is a 3080, resolution 3440x1440 at 100 Hz max (gsync).

Absolutely no issues and the fps are a little bit higher than when booting my old Win 10.
But to be fair the old win 10 had to cope with the hardware change so no idea if it's due to that.

Overall it's the same experience but I like win 11 quite a lot after getting used to it.
2) Has anyone done the Windows 11 debloat ISO (via something like NTLite), and did it make a big difference in performance? Any issues or key points to note?
3) Is MS just going to patch my de-bloated OS three months from now and add everything I removed back?
No, just the standard enterprise iso, so can't comment to both points.

I moved to a fresh win 11 when replacing my 10600k with a 7600x.
All running perfectly fine.
I'm using AC and ACC, rF2 also runs flawlessly.
Simhub with on screen overlays (windowed mode) + gsync, streamdeck as Button box, Android phone and old ipad for dash displays.

GPU is a 3080, resolution 3440x1440 at 100 Hz max (gsync).

Absolutely no issues and the fps are a little bit higher than when booting my old Win 10.
But to be fair the old win 10 had to cope with the hardware change so no idea if it's due to that.

Overall it's the same experience but I like win 11 quite a lot after getting used to it.

No, just the standard enterprise iso, so can't comment to both points.
Thanks for the feedback. I'm currently testing things for stability with Windows 10, and so far it's been flawless. I'm seriously thinking about Windows 11 since Windows 10 support only have a few short years left.

I'm also considering playing with a Linux based solution, but I'm not sure how well things will work. I believe Simucube has some Linux support now, but I'm not certain about the SimHub situation.

@ Novopaine....

There is absolutely nothing wrong with Windows11 compared to other Microsoft OS.
I used it in the early release phase for approximately five months prior to public release and it was 'rock' stable then as well.
The only issue I've ever experienced, came after one of the Windows update well after release.
It would cause Edge to hang on a select few web pages with processor occupancy at around 85%.
I switched to Opera and the issue was resolved.
It was fixed in short order.
I run Rf2, RRE, AC, ACC, AMS, AMS2.
Everyone of them runs glass-smooth...on an Intel ARC770 card at that.

Last edited:
If you had windows updates running in background I guess.
Good reason when you do updates don't be multi tasking.
Possible to click key or another window to have another window active.
Eventually windows updates asks a question do you want to change to W11.
You accept or deny then it won't ask again.

First things I do with fresh W10
1. Run MSRT manually
2. Copy over "PC Health" folder manually ( this checks your system for W11 compatibility so it does not have to ask you )
3. Manually install the 3 current windows updates
4. Manually install AMD PCI root complex update ( otherwise this update will stop drives , video, all USB as it installs and can stuff up updates from completing successfully )
5. Install all in one Runtimes
6. Install DirectX

After restarting windows updates a few times you will get a blue message asking if you want to upgrade to W11 . Say no thanks or whatever

Pause windows updates for 35 days at a time ( in advanced options)

I must have accidently installed it. I have several computers and it took a week of use to notice I somehow installed windows 11.
You didn't notice the taskbar being centered in the middle of your screen and the colors changing?
And every window getting rounded edges? :roflmao:

Or was the taskbar and designs/colors adjusted due to not being a fresh install?

Otherwise I agree. Super similar. If you got used to Win 10 after Win 7, Win 11 isn't anything to talk about.

You didn't notice the taskbar being centered in the middle of your screen and the colors changing?
And every window getting rounded edges? :roflmao:

Or was the taskbar and designs/colors adjusted due to not being a fresh install?

Otherwise I agree. Super similar. If you got used to Win 10 after Win 7, Win 11 isn't anything to talk about.
I guess I just switch between computers running Win10 and 11 enough that it just took a week to register. Everything seems to gun fine.

From every thing I read, you can leave virtualisation and core isolation enabled. It's just specifically the memory integrity feature that costs performance. It's good to have for extra security though. The performance impact shouldn't be too much on modern systems though.

Has any one heard of this?:

Last edited:
Last edited:

In case anyone else has same problem I finally found the file.
problem was there are a few versions and none of them give any helpful info.

By chance i clicked on a obscure link and wallah ! :)
There are 3 versions of the file ( I assume ARM/32bit/64bit ) but they don't give any indication which is which. Comparing .inf in beyond compare made me no wiser.
So I did a fresh OS on my #2 tower extracted the 3 files and tried manual install.
3rd file ( the smallest 572kb) was the charm.

intel bluetooth driver.jpg

So no more messy updates :)

As well the latest Agesa fixed my problem with 5600X- Gigabyte Master X570 stuck @1024x768 until you install the video driver. Now I get 4K :)

Unfortunately my 3400G - Gigabyte Pro Wifi X570 still runs setup at 1024x768.

Untitled 1.jpg

Last edited:
Also solved issue with Windows update ( Creative Media ) for the Sound Blaster X3

People have had issues with this update causing issues with X3.

I summarized the problem may be because most would ( I assume) do their OS offline first installing the X3 drivers from Creative support then going online where W10 then installs the the old ( 2021) update over the top.

1. Install OS offline ..well dur lol
2. Manually install the W10 catalog update for X3 via Device Manager.
Creative Technology Ltd. - MEDIA - 1.16.4.26

3. Install the X3 drivers and app from website ( these are older ones )

4. Connect internet, install updated driver and app through the X3 software.

I wonder, why aren't the latest updates (4.) available through the X3 web site ? :geek:

Last edited:
I don't have a supported processor to upgrade to Windows 11, but I've seen workarounds online.
Has anyone installed Windows 11 this way and are there any pitfalls?
Worked perfectly on my surface pro 3.
Although I only did a semi fresh install by plugging in the stick and running the start of the installation from within the Win10.
Selected to not keep any data and then had to say something like "ignore and install anyway" when I got a warning about having non compatible hardware.

I used an empty usb stick and the standard Microsoft "Media creation Tool".
Then I did the "workaround" where you change a line in some file on the installation usb stick to not cancel the installation when detecting non compatible hardware or so.
Don't really remember...

Was pretty easy, one of the standard Google hits when searching and works perfectly since 9 months :)

HP Reverb G1?
VR on the reverb g2 is much better
That makes at least three G2 success stories....
Sadly, HP appears to have dropped Reverb G1 support:
"We were unable to find drivers for your product".
Perhaps that reflects resentment for M$ abandoning consumer WMR.
Does anyone have or heard about Reverb G1 use on Windows 11?

My first Win 11 encounter is on a friend's 5 yr old i5 8GB Dell laptop migrating from 10 Pro,
which seemingly remains fairly bug free and responsive.
Changes appear less intrusive than from 8/8.1 to 10;
Windows and AppData folders are smaller.

"We were unable to find drivers for your product".
Perhaps that reflects resentment for M$ abandoning consumer WMR.
Does anyone have or heard about Reverb G1 use on Windows 11?
That's totally bananas for a product which appears to be only 4 years old (launch was first half of 2019, right?).

Edit: tried your link; am tempted to think that the HP site is just being crap (again) rather than there being literally no drivers to download at all for any OS version.

Last edited:
Well, that error is also showing up on the G2. I don't ever remember installing a specific driver for the G1 though. Doesn't it just use the WMR driver?

The only product on the list showing any downloads is the pro and that is just a firmware update on the headset.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.