RaceDepartment Store

Upcoming Events

AC events on Simracing.GP ACC events on Simracing.GP Automobilista 2 events RaceRoom events rFactor 2 events

Windows 11 Fresh install tanking FPS?

I had upgraded to W11 from W10 and that case AC was running perfectly fine.

Eventually I ran into some trouble (with windows not AC) so I ended up having to fresh install W11. After managing to get AC to finally work I noticed that my performance is tanking quite hard. Before I would get around ~50-60 fps when surrounded by AI (and this is even with a lot of settings maxed out) but now I only get ~30 fps. Seems to be only affecting AC, playing ACC or PCARS2 works perfectly in line

One thing I noticed is that my GPU usage is not getting 100% utilized anymore despite 4K resolution. I know AI related stuff is CPU bound mostly, but even before my GPU utilization was at least ~80-90% but now in those situations it's ~50-60%. And sadly I'm on Intel so I don't think it has to do with the amd issues people have been reporting

Anyone else notice a drop in performance?

I had upgraded to W11 from W10 and that case AC was running perfectly fine.

Eventually I ran into some trouble (with windows not AC) so I ended up having to fresh install W11. After managing to get AC to finally work I noticed that my performance is tanking quite hard. Before I would get around ~50-60 fps when surrounded by AI (and this is even with a lot of settings maxed out) but now I only get ~30 fps. Seems to be only affecting AC, playing ACC or PCARS2 works perfectly in line

One thing I noticed is that my GPU usage is not getting 100% utilized anymore despite 4K resolution. I know AI related stuff is CPU bound mostly, but even before my GPU utilization was at least ~80-90% but now in those situations it's ~50-60%. And sadly I'm on Intel so I don't think it has to do with the amd issues people have been reporting

Anyone else notice a drop in performance?

Getting average 35 fps on my RTX 3090 and Ryzen 9 5900X with Windows 11. Not sure if it's because of the OS, but other games like Valorant are running fine. I diagnosed for like 1 hour - initially thought it was due to Customer Shaders but didn't even think about the OS.

On a side note, when Customer Shaders is on, the video is just black. Can hear audio in game, just black screen. Not sure if this is also related to W11.