Williams Reveal Computerized Version of their 2017 Challenger

Chris

Premium
The Williams F1 Team have today revealed a sneak preview of their 2017 car via a computer generated render.

Despite all the speculation, technical analysis and team interviews, very few have actually had a clear image in their head of what exactly the 2017 cars will look like. The video above gives us the very first glimpse at an actual challenger for this coming season, and I have to say it looks aggressive, fast, wide and visually stunning.

The Woking outfit are yet to announce an official date to reveal their car for real, however it's obviously going to be sometime between now and the 27th of February for the first of two preseason tests at the Circuit de Catalunya.

2017 Car Reveal Dates:
  • 20th February - Sauber F1 Team
  • 21st February - Renault F1 Team
  • 22nd February - Force India F1 Team
  • 23rd February - Mercedes F1 Team
  • 24th February - Ferrari and McLaren F1 Teams
  • 26th February - Haas, Red Bull and Toro Rosso F1 Teams

Very nice, looks the business. Hopefully the car will generate the mechanical/low speed grip compared to last years car.

Yes that particular nose design has been part of there front aero treatment for the last few years. The nose looks incredibly thin in depth compared to last year which is interesting. Although the rules dictate a longer front nose section anyway (if I remember rightly). Looks like they've built in a more aggressive S duct arrangement into the nose as well (looking at the exit duct on top of the nose?) Still looks like they are going for the slippery through the air type aero policy again, judging by the design at the back which is very similar to last year.

These are renders though so I would imagine there will be lots of detail changes before the season starts.

Hopefully the FW40 will get them back to fighting for podiums again.

Yes still this ugly nose:( Hopefully it is not final!!!

Yeah I know I was slightly surprised myself as I thought the new regs stopped that sort of arrangement. I do feel the Williams treatment is slightly less in your face compared to the McLaren and Ferrari of last year. If Williams have got it though you can guarantee that others will still have it as well....

I think they are still hiding a lot, something tells me that big barge board in a single solid piece without any cuts and holes won't be in Australia, same for the floor.

Maybe they are hiding a different nose too for you guys that can't get over it after 3 years.

Last edited:
I think they are still hiding a lot, something tells me that big barge board in a single solid piece with any cuts and holes won't be in Australia, same for the floor.

Maybe they are hiding a different nose too for you guys that can't get over it after 3 years.

Yes exactly, they are renders so until the car(s) hit the track in Melbourne none of us will know the final spec of the cars.

The car they launch at testing will look a bit different I'd imagine, look's like they're masking a lot of details. Those barge boards look far too simple, I'm expecting front wing level of complexity in those.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back