Will Stevens still hopes of F1 seat

motor_stevens.jpg

After making his F1 debut with the resurrected Caterham team at the season ending Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, British driver Will Stevens is still hoping the team can return in 2015 as this is his best chance of taking the grid at the season opening Australian GP.

Whilst Caterham working tirelessly to find themselves a new buyer who can solidify the team's future, Will Stevens is still holding out hope he can make his full season debut in F1 next year. Will Stevens explained his current situation to Crash.net "At the end of the day I'm a racing driver and I need to earn a career in motorsport, Obviously my goal is to reach F1 and stay in it for a while, so especially now I've had a taste of F1 and I've done my first race meeting for sure we're going to pursue F1 for the foreseeable future. Whether it will be or it won't be isn't in my hands at the moment."

Stevens added "In terms of speaking to other teams, not really at the moment. Our main focus is to get a race seat and the most chance of having that is with the two teams who are pushing really hard to get there. If you look at a reserve driver role or something like that I think there's a lot you can learn from it and it's good to have the experience of being at a race meeting, but I think there needs to be something in it that you know is leading to something because it's hard to take a year out doing nothing if there's not a clear vision to where it's going."

"At the moment for the next two, three, four weeks we'll be concentrating on getting a race seat but like I said I want to earn a career in motorsport, whether that's in F1 or sportscars or America or DTM - anything like that - I would love to do it. But at the moment we're pushing for F1. "

From here Will Stevens will have plenty of options for next year, although it seems now he has reached F1 Stevens wants to start a career as a professional racing driver, which rules out a chance of remaining on the junior single seater ladder in series such as GP2. If the Caterham team is resurrected Stevens would be a good choice as a driver as he has experience with the team from Abu Dhabi and the post season test there also.

Where do you think Will Stevens will be racing next year?

Last edited by a moderator:
Where do you think Will Stevens will be racing next year?
I don't think that will be in F1 to be honest. His C.V. in other series during previous years hasn't been all that impressive.

Maybe trying it on the other side of the ocean might work for him, but becoming a permanent F1 addition is going to be a step too high on the ladder.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back