PC1 Will Project Cars have dedicated servers?

Are you a member BTW? If not I'd happily give you a free pass so you can read and experience the work that's going on from our physics guys.

Nope not a member. And not in the slightest bit interested in joining the one sided discussions on your private simcade shift 3 portal. As far as I am concerned, this will be Shift 2 modded for better graphics only. But I'll wait until the game is in the steam sale and might try it then.

Thank for the offer though Ian.

We're absolutely dedicated to making the most intense and realistic simulator ever made, in ALL areas. We've employed the right people to make that happen. We're working on a ground breaking tyre system that won't even run on consoles just for the PC version.

I think I remember you promising the same for Shift 2? In fact I do remember you stating just that.:rolleyes:

Nope not a member. And not in the slightest bit interested in joining the one sided discussions on your private simcade shift 3 portal. As far as I am concerned, this will be Shift 2 modded for better graphics only. But I'll wait until the game is in the steam sale and might try it then.

Thank for the offer though Ian.

LOL, ok, so you're wrong and refuse a free offer from us to see that this is the case.

I can't see what more we can do then than let you enjoy your uninformed negatively biased posts.

LOL, ok, so you're wrong and refuse a free offer from us to see that this is the case.

I can't see what more we can do then than let you enjoy your uninformed negatively biased posts.

You are welcome. I wouldn't accept anything from you matey. Not even your spare Ferrari. As for you proving me wrong by giving me access to your private club so you can try and persuade me by pretty graphics and techno babble, well that won't work either because I have already been there, got the T shirts etc.

You lied to us previously with the same statements about the Shift simcade games. Do you really expect us to believe you ever again?

Now get over it and answer my questions. What lies, defamatory statements are being made? And what gives you the right to call us "haters" in such a derogitory manner?

You are welcome. I wouldn't accept anything from you matey. Not even your spare Ferrari. As for you proving me wrong by giving me access to your private club so you can try and persuade me by pretty graphics and techno babble, well that won't work either because I have already been there, got the T shirts etc.

You lied to us previously with the same statements about the Shift simcade games. Do you really expect us to believe you ever again?

Now get over it and answer my questions. What lies, defamatory statements are being made? And what gives you the right to call us "haters" in such a derogitory manner?

I have never lied. I do think you're a very angry person though. You'll do yourself an injury.

Hey I'll take you up on that free offer. I've been on the fence with this title but perhaps you can sway me. I got a few other guys on the fence too. All of them waiting for one guy to make a move. I'll be that guy.

Hey I'll take you up on that free offer. I've been on the fence with this title but perhaps you can sway me. I got a few other guys on the fence too. All of them waiting for one guy to make a move. I'll be that guy.

He hasn't offered me a team membership that gets build downloads (don't want one, been there already). Just to clarify that. He offered me a free pass to discuss things on their forum. A big difference I think. I am sure he will give you a free pass to read about the positive side of things on their forum but I doubt you will be allowed to post at all.

Again Ian, I am informed not uniformed and I don't see what a free pass to your forum to watch you discussing only positives will do?

regards
Andy

We're absolutely dedicated to making the most intense and realistic simulator ever made, in ALL areas. We've employed the right people to make that happen. We're working on a ground breaking tyre system that won't even run on consoles just for the PC version.

Why should we trust on you now, when you promised similar things with the Shift saga?

From your own words:

SHIFT is built on the most advanced physics engine we've made, and is by far the most advanced and realistic physics engine of any of the mainstream racing games. We're talking about an engine that can run unlimited threads, detailed physics parameters running at around 400 Hz on consoles. Things like tire deformation based on g-forces, tire pressures, rubber thickness, which only the most diehard sim fans will notice, but we know it's there.

We have a full realism hardcore mode called Pro that you can choose to race in from the start that will feel natural and comfortable as well as raising the bar for handling compared to anything out there (or due out soon) for all of our hardcore race sim fans. This can be combined with one of three AI difficulty levels, and on the Hard setting, the AI will fight extremely hard and give no quarter - even the most talented racers out there will find a great challenge here. The AI will block your pass attempts, take places back, make mistakes and end up overcooking corners, and will hold a grudge against you if you are too aggressive towards them.

And despite having apparently the best physics engine ever made, the 2nd game had still the same problems.
One question more, in what kind of tyre model is based the new one? Empirical? Physical?

No animosity jackson, just stating my opinion on what i see from your posts. If reading a thread that is of interest to me and commenting on it means im trolling so be it. I just feel that your crying is a bit over the top thats all.

OK, whatever. Just make things up if you like. You can point out any posts where I am crying by all means. But why cause trouble with me? Have I upset you personally?

OK, whatever. Just make things up if you like. You can point out any posts where I am crying by all means. But why cause trouble with me? Have I upset you personally?
No you have not personally. I am just tired of the know it all approach when its still in development. I know you are going to speak freely and so will i but i say wait it out and then judge all you want. Nobody believes the wmd members when we say there are good things going on but then ian comes in and says similar things to what weve been saying all along and it becomes constructive. If a wmd member said the same things ian has been saying that member would be attacked for surel.

I'll say this, Ian is coming from EA's culture and I think it takes a while to break that mindset, any mindset that you've been a part of for a good number of years. This whole argument reminds me of EA and Madden football. EA frustrated hardcore football sim players for years with it's game always promising real football and how last year's game won't hold a candle to "the new and improved" Madden.

2K sports had the "NFL 2K" series coming on strong and that series was a sim football players dream. It just kept getting better and better each incarnation until NFL 2K5 which some think is still the best sim football game.

But EA always had the better hype machine and appealed to the mainstream "casual" player who thought they were football gods.

The thing is this genre is a little different in that the "sim" and the "casual" players are very much segmented. Not many casual racing game players even know of titles like Race 07, iRacing, rFactor and the rest. Most sim racers don't care about Need for Speeds, Test Drives and the ilk.

I think those guys over there look at the racing community as a whole like the football community, one big glob of people they can send one message to and that one message fits all. But over here those two groups are so separated they might as well be in two completely genres. The hardcore sim racer to the casual racer is probably just as different from each other as a RPG player and a Street Fighter player.

EDIT: By the way do you know how EA "won" the NFL football wars against 2K Sports? They just bought the NFL license outright and locked everyone else out. Great business move, in the streets though we'd say it was a punk-a$$ b#tch move.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.