Will not install

Sorry if this has been covered before but I scanned through 4 pages and didn't see anything on this issue.
GSC 2013 will not install for me, I tried a couple months ago and again today, multiple download attempts - same problem. I continue to get errors (many files - .cam .MAS, .gdb, .tga, ...) "The source file is corrupted" :

"D:\GSC2013\GameData\Locations\xxxxx\xxxxx\xxxx.xxx"

I typically have zero problem with this computer - new build 6 months ago and run many different racing sims (all Simbin titles, pCARS, Assetto Corsa, F1 2013, and others - this is the only one I cannot install.

Windows 8.1 Pro x64
i7-4770K
16 GB
(2) HD7850 (crossfire)

Any ideas? I would like to give this one a go.

If it says source file is corrupted, it almost certainly means you had a bad download and need to download the setup files again.
Either that, or ignore the errors if possible, finish the install, and then use GSC synch to replace the bad files.

If it says source file is corrupted, it almost certainly means you had a bad download and need to download the setup files again.
Either that, or ignore the errors if possible, finish the install, and then use GSC synch to replace the bad files.
I have tried re-downloading 5-6 times, same corruption errors. I never have problems with software I download, there must be something unique about this software archive.
Oh well, this isn't worth the trouble.

check in you antivirus software virus vault to see if it has taken any thing from the download.

not wanting to sound silly, but many have downloaded it ok, so chances are it something in your pc that causing the problem

For what it is worth, I have tried to install 6-7 times now on my Windows 8.1 Pro workstation, then today downloaded again and tried install on my Windows 7 Pro laptop. No luck on either, keeps failing on the install stating corruption.
I can only assume they have very poor error checking on the download servers and it comes down to pot-luck if the bits are transferred good or not. I download gigabytes of data nightly/weekly (3-15GB) for my vSphere virtual infrastructure replication and never have corrupt data - test restores constantly to verify. If I had a flaky Internet connection and or computer/s setup I would notice in other areas.
It had become a challenge now just to see if I could get this installed, but time to call it quits, too bad as for the past 15 years I have tried most every racing sim released.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back