Will ACC still work on Windows 7?

Can't believe they would want to pee off so many potential customers, there's still about 47% of windows users on W7.
Although that number will decline in the next couple of years.
We should know for sure pretty soon.

It can, it would be a brave Dev to exclude DX 11 of hand I can't think of any games that do.
Forza 7 and horizon 3 :p
As long as Microsoft doesn't buy Kunos I am 99% sure that win 7 will be fine! The big advantages for dx12 would need serious development and there's afaik no financial reasoning to invest for it. Other than losing out buyers and forcing people into win 10.

I would upgrade if needed... Win10 isn't bad at all in my opinion... it's just a hassle and I'm a lazy ?^^§)/%...
I just don't remember the amount of problems mentioned about win 10 when win 7 came out.
I mean basically after every bigger update new threads come up about something not working. Never have I read as many "doing a fresh install now" posts!

I just don't remember the amount of problems mentioned about win 10 when win 7 came out.
Then I would say your memory isn't very good, or you simply weren't paying enough attention back then (for multitude of reasons). There are always tons of issues when a new Windows version comes out, and it would be hard to pick one version that stands out (except maybe Windows Me ;) ). I mean, I would even say the amount of issues people were facing when Windows XP came out would easily overshadow anything Win 10 related. Same goes for Win 7 - people will now tell you how great and reliable and trouble free Win 7 is compared to Win 8 or Win 10, but that certainly wasn't the case when it first came out. It's just that people had almost a decade to get used to it and both Microsoft and software and hardware developers had almost a decade to polish out the majority of issues. So yes, the current Win 7 experience is drastically different from the experience you got when Win 7 came out. People were pulling their hair out when upgrading from XP or Vista to Win 7, and at least the same amount of people that now vehemently swear by Win 7 did so back then in regard to XP.

Pretty much the only thing that changes to some extent is the complaints get more and more visible as people's opinions and complaints are easier to share on various blogs, social media, forums and stuff like that, and it's also way easier for unsubstantiated claims and rumors and FUDs to circulate amongst people, which gives them validity, even if they might not be valid at all. I'd bet a majority of people claiming how horrible Windows 10 is do so purely based on something they read somewhere on the internet or heard someone describe, without even bothering to check if it is actually true, or at best on one or two direct experiences they had and didn't really bother to try and resolve (which I understand, not everyone is willing to do so or get someone to do it for him). Sadly, that's the world we live in now - truth is based on what people share and like on the internet the most, not on what is factually correct. That was far less of a factor in the past the further back you go.

Though in a way, the bad reputation and "doing a fresh install" posts are indeed Microsoft's fault, but not because Win 10 is *that* bad - but because with Win 10, they decided to switch to a different release model, so the big updates are not the usual updates people were used to, but they're basically a whole new Windows version and installing them is the equivalent of upgrading say Windows 7 to Windows 8, which is something that was always problematic with Windows (amongst other things also due to the sheer amount of hardware and software combinations out there) and just doing a fresh install was always the go-to solution. The only difference now is that the user starts with what is called Windows 10, and ends up with something that's *still* called Windows 10, even though his entire OS has just underwent what would otherwise be a complete OS upgrade.

Last edited:
Same goes for Win 7 - people will now tell you how great and reliable and trouble free Win 7 is compared to Win 8 or Win 10, but that certainly wasn't the case when it first came out.

Couldn't agree more. I've had fewer problems with Windows 10 than I had with Windows 7 over the years. For every person who posts about problems with Windows 10, there are probably thousands (millions?) using it successfully without issues - the difference is that no one posts to say that their OS is working normally. I'm convinced that many, if not most problems with Windows 10 happen to systems which have been upgraded from an earlier Windows version rather than being a clean install. If you upgrade from 7 or 8 there are always going to be old drivers, odd registry entries or out-of-date apps lurking around waiting to cause trouble.

I also think that Windows is too easy a target if something goes wrong - it often seems to be the default position to blame the OS. Many of the complaints that start with "Windows 10 update wrecked my system" end up being caused by something completely unrelated to the OS. Stick with your current OS if you're happy with it but don't think that Windows 10 is full of bugs because that's just not the case. I changed reluctantly from Windows 7 but I now wish I'd done it earlier.

it often seems to be the default position to blame the OS. Many of the complaints that start with "Windows 10 update wrecked my system" end up being caused by something completely unrelated to the OS.
Yeah, that as well. I wanted to mention this, but apparently that part will be included in the possible sequel to my first novel, if sales of the first one are OK ;)

Thanks for pushing me in the other direction!
I personally used win 10 on my surface pro 3 when it came out as recommended by MS and it screwed the standby. Had some fun days taking it out in the morning at university and ending up borrowing paper and pencils all day..
Now almost 2 years later everything is working fine (or better) than on 8. Only thing that really bothers me is that the "windows modules installer" makes my fan and CPU cry for help when my update blocking time ends in the evening. Need to investigate if I really can't restrict this. Thought I did deactivate it all + the maximum amount of not searching for updates..

On my desktop everything runs fine. Taskmanager shows 100% CPU usage on all cores all the time but hey, who cares :p

Using 7 since 2010 and never had a problem. But I also only manually installed updates every few months after they came out. Might explain a lot!

Anyway, thanks for telling me that it's all working better for you! Need to adjust my opinion on it then I guess :)

My son has recently installed W10 ultimate on his pc, I'm watching with interest since we both will get ACC EA.
So far he's saying it's pretty smooth and no problems, let's see if the next update due this month changes that.

I think so well it imposes me, not enough that it tunes it with the konsole relase. So, in the end, will win7 support be handed over in 2019?
Straighten to EA and Codemasters in a pot.

Well .... dvd burner runs and keys on Amazon for € 3.95 bought. what do you do not do everything

Last edited:
Then I would say your memory isn't very good, or you simply weren't paying enough attention back then (for multitude of reasons). There are always tons of issues when a new Windows version comes out, and it would be hard to pick one version that stands out (except maybe Windows Me ;) ). I mean, I would even say the amount of issues people were facing when Windows XP came out would easily overshadow anything Win 10 related. Same goes for Win 7 - people will now tell you how great and reliable and trouble free Win 7 is compared to Win 8 or Win 10, but that certainly wasn't the case when it first came out. It's just that people had almost a decade to get used to it and both Microsoft and software and hardware developers had almost a decade to polish out the majority of issues. So yes, the current Win 7 experience is drastically different from the experience you got when Win 7 came out. People were pulling their hair out when upgrading from XP or Vista to Win 7, and at least the same amount of people that now vehemently swear by Win 7 did so back then in regard to XP.

Pretty much the only thing that changes to some extent is the complaints get more and more visible as people's opinions and complaints are easier to share on various blogs, social media, forums and stuff like that, and it's also way easier for unsubstantiated claims and rumors and FUDs to circulate amongst people, which gives them validity, even if they might not be valid at all. I'd bet a majority of people claiming how horrible Windows 10 is do so purely based on something they read somewhere on the internet or heard someone describe, without even bothering to check if it is actually true, or at best on one or two direct experiences they had and didn't really bother to try and resolve (which I understand, not everyone is willing to do so or get someone to do it for him). Sadly, that's the world we live in now - truth is based on what people share and like on the internet the most, not on what is factually correct. That was far less of a factor in the past the further back you go.

Though in a way, the bad reputation and "doing a fresh install" posts are indeed Microsoft's fault, but not because Win 10 is *that* bad - but because with Win 10, they decided to switch to a different release model, so the big updates are not the usual updates people were used to, but they're basically a whole new Windows version and installing them is the equivalent of upgrading say Windows 7 to Windows 8, which is something that was always problematic with Windows (amongst other things also due to the sheer amount of hardware and software combinations out there) and just doing a fresh install was always the go-to solution. The only difference now is that the user starts with what is called Windows 10, and ends up with something that's *still* called Windows 10, even though his entire OS has just underwent what would otherwise be a complete OS upgrade.

At last we have a grown up in the room! :thumbsup:
I think that anybody who didn't upgrade to WIN 10 from WIN 7 is pretty foolish, and will fall further and further behind in the future.
I mean, up until the end of 2017 the upgrade was completely FREE!
Since the beginning of 2018 you have to pay over € 100 for WIN 10 Home, at least here in Germany. What were these people thinking? What possible advantage did they think they were going to get in the future by staying with WIN 7?
I'm probably gonna catch a lot of sh*t for saying this, but it just boggles my mind why people turned down an OS upgrade which was completely free. Free, from Microsoft, that alone boggled my mind. I upgraded every computer I have, and I must say, Win 10 is the best thing since sliced bread! It just works. Turn it on, do whatever you want, turn it off. What's not to like?

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea