Will ACC still work on Windows 7?

Despite the fact that certain members have a "boggled" mind about Win 10 over Win 7, some of us just prefer Windows 7. I keep my PC on Windows 7 because I can use it for many old flight and race sims that won't work properly if at all on Win 10. I have absolutely no need for Win 10 yet. When I do I will install it/upgrade to it "FREE OF CHARGE".
Yes that's right, there are still ways to upgrade free of charge. Failing that, like others have mentioned, WIN 10 keys are very very cheap.
And yes OP, ACC does run on Windows 7 as does every other current proper race sim.

Some of us have trouble with the w10 UI - all that flat colour triggers a visual processing issue for me which makes it actually painful to use, and I'm not alone. Down from high horses, please.

If you just want w10 for games then running it in a VM under linux costs very little performance if you use gpu passthrough.

Like I've said, I have had very little issues with Win10 myself. There has been some, yes, but often not directly related to Windows itself. And most of the time, when I'm troubleshooting some issue and think "this surely has to be Win10, it wouldn't happen in Win7", I reboot to my Win7 installation and find out the issue is there with Win7 as well, or it's even worse. Last time this happened to me was just last week when troubleshooting (or rather once again trying to...) my recent CPU spikes while streaming, and also just a few days later when trying to make ACC run a bit better. In fact, ACC ran even worse for me in Win7 than it did in Win10 ;)

I also think it's unwise to stay on such an old system in general.

But, on the other hand, I at least try to see and understand the reasons why someone would do that. That's why I probably come a bit schizophrenic in my opinions here. But the world simply isn't black and white and there are always two sides to the story.

BTW, the UI can be customized quite a bit. For example, I use Start10 by Stardock pretty much from day one to get something more sensible than what the regular Start menu in Win10 is (even though they kinda made it better over time).

But, on the other hand, I at least try to see and understand the reasons why someone would do that. That's why I probably come a bit schizophrenic in my opinions here. But the world simply isn't black and white and there are always two sides to the story.
I went the full split-minded path and just use dual boot. It's not that hard to install Win 10 after Win 7 to just a second HDD or Partition. You will lose out on the super quick boot of Win 10 but as someone who likes to have the possibility to do stuff before windows boots, I wouldn't use it anyway on my Desktop PC!

I also agree that some things run better or worse on each system! It's a pleasure to just use the other Windows when one decides to be a bitch again :p
Like Dirt 3... Got the Steam version last year in a sale and it wouldn't run. After 3 hours trying with Win 7 I just tried it in Win 10 and it ran perfectly fine. Still no clue what it was... Just didn't start :O_o:

Hey, While we're on the subject of W7... Everytime I try to start the game I get the message that ms visual redistribution c++2015 is required.. I have enquired at Steam.. some response but nil that helped.. Is anybody here having that drama or any advice on how to work around it. I have spent hours/days trying to find an answer,,, there seems to be a thousand different opinions.. Not even Microsoft seems able to give a definitive answer, any assistance would be appreciated.. I'm really looking forward to playing this!!!

yeah.. I have uninstalled /reinstalled
rebooted and troubleshooted;
backdated/updated and predated.
I did glean from somewhere that the 2017 version contains the 2015 model. I've tried all the above with that one too..All other sims/games work really well... I've never encountered this before...Aaaaarrrggghhh!!!!!I'm still open to suggestions.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 309 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 204 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 156 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 271 13.6%