Will 2017/2018 pave the way for a Hamilton championship?

I know five years from now, things may change and perhaps Ricciardo and Perez will emerge, but Hamilton will be 33 in 2018, so he might pull of somewhat of a Nigel Mansell and win another title and here's why:

-Vettel says he will retire at 30.
-Alonso will probably be long retired.
-Hamilton will still have burning desire until he's 35/36.
-The new generation of drivers are weak compared to the older generations.
-Raikkonen will also be long retired as well.

So, does anyone want to refute my prediction or let time be of the essence?

I believe that Hamilton will be a champion again and sooner than that. I am not a Hamilton fan and I don't even like him very much, but I do believe that he doesn't need others to be retired to get a second championship. That guy isn't the most correct of drivers from time to time, but he has guts and knows how to drive. He just needs a proper car and no technical failures during the season to get a second title.

What I mean is... if his car and team is at the same level as others, he is the kind of driver that only depends on himself to be a champion. ...and remember... I don't even like him that much, but it's the truth.

I seriously doubt Vettel retires at 30, he wouldn't even beat Schumacher's record of 7 titles in case he won them consecutively, and I have no idea how you can predict Hamilton's desire so many years from now. New generation's aren't weak compared to old ones, explain Hamilton and Vettel beating Alonso and Raikkonen sometimes, they are atleast as good as them. Hamilton could win a championship but it doesn't need to be in 2017 it could be sooner. Schumacher retired past 40, I'm not saying Alonso or Raikkonen will retire after 40 in F1 but they are both in competitive cars and if they do well I think they'll stay atleast 2-3 years more.

I know five years from now, things may change and perhaps Ricciardo and Perez will emerge, but Hamilton will be 33 in 2018, so he might pull of somewhat of a Nigel Mansell and win another title and here's why:

-Vettel says he will retire at 30.
-Alonso will probably be long retired.
-Hamilton will still have burning desire until he's 35/36.
-The new generation of drivers are weak compared to the older generations.
-Raikkonen will also be long retired as well.

So, does anyone want to refute my prediction or let time be of the essence?

• Vettel didn't say he will retire at 30. He said there is a remote possibility he might retire. That's a big difference
  • I think by 2017, Hülkenberg might be as good as Alonso is now. He is already a very complete driver (he is fast in both race and qualifying, as well as extremely consistent) and he's only getting better. By then he should have the car he deserves.
  • Same thing goes for Grosjean, he won't be making mistakes forever (or so I hope).
  • Bianchi
  • Da Costa should be in an RB by then.
Plus, I don't see why he wouldn't win one before.

Well, Seb Vettel may win his 8th straight championship in 2017 because Adrian Newey knows how to exploit the rules in his favour and Vettel knows how to kick everyone when they are down.

I think once Vettel retires after he breaks Schumi's record, we will finally have a champion that is not Seb in 2018, and, I think Hamilton even at 33 will still be the hungriest even with all the young whippersnappers getting better.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back