Why the constant changes?

Tim Ling

It's a million-to-1 chance, but it just might work
I was just wondering why there are so many changes to the forum going on. Fonts change, button positions change, forums change...seriously, please stop with all the little changes. Change is not necessarily always a good thing.

@Tim: by now we should have moved already to a completely new site and server. Unfortunately we don't have the manpower at the moment to make that transition so we are stuck with an obsolete forum that looks outdated, functions outdated and really really needs to be replaced a.s.a.p.

Unfortunately we cannot make all the changes over night. Best is to just close the site for a week and do a complete overhaul but i am sure nobody would like that either :)

Only thing that will be changed in the coming month is something you will not even notice (back end) so we have to live with this for the time being :)

@Bram-I totally understand that some changes have to be made, both to ensure the site works properly and to improve the end-user experience. It's just we seem to have seen quite a few cosmetic changes. Ijust get used to one change, thenanother change of button positions, fonts etc.

Surely it would be better to set the forum up, then leave it until you can replace it. It would save some work surely?

I just tried to explain it to you one post up.

What you see on the front is not always as it looks on the back end. Its more complicated then just a re-positioning of buttons or fonts. Some stuff was needed.

But like i said until the time we transfer to a new site this is it. I am already happy I prevented the site from crashing completely during the sick amount of traffic the last weeks :)

Would it be an idea to make a small temporary forum, so you can close the whole site for a week for a complete overhaul as you said and that we can go to the "backup" forum for a week. Or would that be impossible with the our current amount of members?

We will do a clean installation on a new more powerful server as soon as possible. In the meantime this forum stays up and running. After the installations and tweaks have been done to optimize everything we want we will then import this database into the new install.

Don't think we will be down for long. Maybe an hour or two max.

But don't count on it in the coming week. I am still recovering from a hospital visit so most of the time I am browsing the site with a mobile device :)

Will have a holiday soon and then there is hopefully time enough to do it all at once.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back