Why do many arcade racers or sim equipment lack a clutch and/or reverse gear?

My brother learned how to drive standard shift through arcade race machines, even though, they did not even have a clutch. :confused:

Also, I have yet to see sim hardware that has a reverse gear on its shifter. Why tax us of realism?

I sort of learnecd how to drive manual through these machines as well.

What's the deal?

Not to be rude or anything but I think you need to look again. Logitech G25 and G27 is the most commonly used wheels on the market afaik, both with reverse. Furthermore the two next most common manufacturers of sim racing wheels (Fanatec and Thrustmaster) both have shifters with reverse.

Upvote 0
Mohammed might be looking for one that has a separate slot for the reverse gear, not sure though. He might not understand that that the shifters engage reverse by pressing down and into a slot to get to it.

Upvote 0
Only the logitechs work like that though, both the Fanatec and the Thrustmaster TH8RS has a separate gate in the H pattern for reverse. Come to think of it I have so far not seen a single H gate shifter that didn't have reverse. Most entry level wheels has either paddle shifters or a sequential stick (or both) though, so you won't find a separate reverse there.

Upvote 0
What shifter do you have Jim? I haven't personally tested anything but the G27 shifter, but I've read and watched a LOT of reviews and impressions and the general consensus is that the Thrustmaster TH8RS is by far the best shifter for the price. I'm gonna get one myself in time but will prob get the Fanatec CSR shifter set first.

Upvote 0

RaceDepartment Store

Aluminium Profile Legs for Floor Monitor Stand for TR8020 Monitor Stand – Black Includes Trak Racer 80mm x 40mm Aluminium Frame and fixing screws/nuts 4 Rubber Floor Protectors Optional parts to complete as Floor monitor stand: TR80-TMSIN-BLK - Single Monitor Profile with Mount...
Use the ClubSport Static Shifter paddles with a round wheel for rallye or drifting where you make big and fast turning movements Buy now from Fanatec.com for EUR 99,95 Features Adjustable width, depth and height of the paddle position Easy to adjust for any wheel rim size or shape Adjustable...
Modular components from the Podium range come together to create a high-performance steering wheel, as seen in the 2021 Fanatec Esports GT Pro Series. Buy now from Fanatec.com for EUR 629,95 Features ClubSport Wheel Rim 320 Three-spoke aluminium wheel rim with a 320 mm diameter Genuine...
RaceDepartment
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Views
Reviews
Enjoy a racing experience like no other with the comfortable and high quality RS6 seat. Buy now from GTOmega.com for USD 289,95 Featuring our signature reinforced PVC material and soft, cold moulded foam interior the RS6 seat is a great option for people racing for long periods of time.Built a...
The CSL Pedals LC is a bundle of the CSL Pedals and CSL Pedals Load Cell Kit. Buy now from Fanatec.com for EUR 199,95 FEATURES Three-pedal set (clutch, brake, throttle) All-metal construction (excluding pedal faces). Pedals are made from heavy steel, which helps to prevent the set from...
Trak Racer Black Anodized Aluminium Floor-Mounted Quad Monitor Stand for 4 Monitors and TVs up to 45" With centre monitor profile is 1200mm / 47.25" long Trak Racer Monitor Stands suit most monitors on the market with VESA Mounting Points (75/100/150/200/300/400mm) and come with a 5-year...