F1 2013 Why am i being asked to pay money?

F1 2013 The Game (Codemasters)

ham2007

@Simberia
hi was just woundering if any one else is having this prob wen i go onto a mod its saying i need to unlock adblock and make a donation all i get is a blue screen and it wont let is do any thing

hi was just woundering if any one else is having this prob wen i go onto a mod its saying i need to unlock adblock and make a donation all i get is a blue screen and it wont let is do any thing
Do you think we can do all this for free? Do you think we're not paying money to hosting companies etc.? Do you think we're getting servers for free just because we're running a great site for tens of thousands of sim racing fans? Do you think we actually make more money than we spend on this by having ads on the site?

The answer to all these questions is: NO! Running adblock on RaceDepartment means we lose money, money we need to run this beast in the first place. Using adblock on RaceDepartment basically means you're destroying the site you're using to get your mods.

Tom

Do you think we can do all this for free? Do you think we're not paying money to hosting companies etc.? Do you think we're getting servers for free just because we're running a great site for tens of thousands of sim racing fans? Do you think we actually make more money than we spend on this by having ads on the site?

The answer to all these questions is: NO! Running adblock on RaceDepartment means we lose money, money we need to run this beast in the first place. Using adblock on RaceDepartment basically means you're destroying the site you're using to get your mods.

Tom
here i dont even no wat adblock is i no i never installed it on my comp and if i was to pay any money it wouldent be to u it would be ton the people who make the mods and i thought this was surposed to be a free site i would happly make a donation to the modders for shearing there stuff wat the spend hours doing i have no prob with that

here i dont even no wat adblock is i no i never installed it on my comp and if i was to pay any money it wouldent be to u it would be ton the people who make the mods and i thought this was surposed to be a free site i would happly make a donation to the modders for shearing there stuff wat the spend hours doing i have no prob with that
What's a mod worth if it can't be hosted anywhere popular? And that's where RaceDepartment comes into play. Don't want to support us, even if it's only through disabling adblock addons?

Jeez, think 2 steps ahead, it really isn't that hard. Contrary to popular opinion neither of the staff members is swimming in money.

Tom

cheers i dont even no how its on m y comp i no one thing thow this is the only site i download from all i use my comp for is gameing nothing else
I suggest you whitelist all the websites you visit that offer you content that you enjoy and block those that are intrusive.

Adblock is really destroying online websites. See it as you work 40 hours a week and when the pay check is due to arrive your boss says: sorry m8 not this week but don't complain I allowed you to work here all week :D

I must say that the title of this thread is very misleading and not true. Nobody is asked to pay anything. We never did, and never will.

Mods are supposed to be free and the moment people are charging money for it it becomes illegal.

Sorry, but can I say something here? I get the blue page telling me to disable AdBlock as well, even though my AdBlock has been disabled on this site for ages. I think it's a bug we're talking about here, as a reload usually makes it go away. From what I noticed, it also appears if I scroll down before the page is fully loaded, but that theory is not perfect, as it does appear at random too.

For a future reference, I'm using CometBird 11.0 on a Windows 7 Ultimate with all the updates to date.

I must say that the title of this thread is very misleading and not true. Nobody is asked to pay anything. We never did, and never will.

Mods are supposed to be free and the moment people are charging money for it it becomes illegal.
i no that now i wasent sure with that popping up i didint no wat it was at the time ive been useing this forum for about a year now and its great but wen i first got it i thought i had a virus or some thing but my anty virus said the wasent any and ive never getting it on any thing else i go on so thats why i thought it was some thing to do with this web site

What's a mod worth if it can't be hosted anywhere popular? And that's where RaceDepartment comes into play. Don't want to support us, even if it's only through disabling adblock addons?

Jeez, think 2 steps ahead, it really isn't that hard. Contrary to popular opinion neither of the staff members is swimming in money.

Tom
i never said i wont disable it i was just woundering if any one knew wat it was and it is disabled now and i would support this forum i never said i didnt i u think 2 steps ahead instead of been cocky and makeing it look like i wont support this forum at bthe end of the day i probley wouldent be playing f1 2013 if it wasent for this forum and the mods and i wouldent of spent a lot of money on a computer to play the game its the reason why i got one for so im not going to destroy some thing that has helped me out and all i wanted to no is if any one knew wat it was and how to get rid of it

I'm not accusing anyone of anything, I'm merely trying to explain the problems we're facing. I understand that ads can be annoying but we need them to keep RD running.

Tom

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea