F1 2013 Whose going to get f1 2013

F1 2013 The Game (Codemasters)
Going by RD's policy (for which i approve of btw) there will be people that will not have bought the extra content but could possibly get it here for free.

They can't as our Terms of Service is very clear on what we allow or what we don't allow to be uploaded or shared.

ML2166 makes a good point though and we should not be surprised if this game is not going to be moddable at all. Best is to check this with Codemasters directly I think.

If they don't allow mods to the database again, or we have save failures in singleplayer due to mods, then I don't see myself doing any more work on these games. I voted a not sure yet. Will have to read some feedback from people before I decide.

Reactions: Tom
Seems like the actual 2013 part of the game is an update of 2013, with seemingly a mix of 2012 and 2011 handling, and the main selling point is classic content. Frankly, I am sure that the classic cars/tracks can be found for me on rFactor, and will probably be of at least the same quality, and handling will be more realistic.

Seeing that this is their main selling point, this will be the first one I'm giving a skip.

Of course everybody will buy this.... the save bug is now fixed, the game is now playable at a good level except for those super racers out there.. and for other PC users there are some good mods to fine tune the database. I reckon this time they will listen to whats on this and other forums and get the AI, weather and tyre wear all sorted. Can pigs fly? lol!!

LOL! The save bug is not fixed on PC.

Well I came across Racedepartment when my PS3 died a death just after I bought a copy of F1 2010.
I looked around to see what the opinions were for a PC version and found RD.
What I found here what with all the tools that Ryder has produced for the CM's titles, plus all the other options available from other software houses for your driving needs has been excellent.
Since then I haven't looked back at console versions of any of the titles, and infact re-bought Grid and a few other titles.
But......with what happened with Grid2 and the potential of it happening with F1 2013, I've actually voted NO.
I think with the coming possible releases this year or early next year from other software titles....won't name names....we know what they are, Codemasters this year more than ever would have had to start producing games that infact actually worked.
What has happened with their latest offering Grid2, doesn't give me a lot of faith for this title.
I think my pennies will be best served awaiting another option further down the line.

Forward porting is more or less accepted with any game developer but that is something completely different than porting new DLC to a game.

For example: Simbin has no problems with old game content being brought to their newer titles.

It makes sense as people still need to buy the newest version in order to play it.

That same applies to F1 2011 and F1 2012 and Tom contacted CM for a clarification per email and they didnt even respond to this email.

If they are not ok with it they can let us know.

Then, is new stance the special exception for porting F1 2011 materials to 2012?

Yep because uploading paid DLC for a current game is the same as forward porting some stuff from an older game. Oh, wait...no, it isn't. :)

LOL! The save bug is not fixed on PC.
Why should they? It's not like consoles are affected and I think they're selling more console units anyway. So why bother? :)

On topic...

01-how-about-no-bear.jpg

Tom

Hm, you get content which you did not buy. In both cases ;)

Don't get me wrong, I'm fine with the current decision - just saying ;)

Thing is: DLC is current content that you're paying for - for the DLC, not for the game. It's not about a minor portion (i.e. a skin), it's about the whole piece of software. Plus porting stuff from 2011 to 2012 doesn't hurt sales of the current game. :)

So it is indeed very different in my eyes. I understand your point of view as well, though. :)

Tom

Forward porting is more or less accepted with any game developer but that is something completely different than porting new DLC to a game.

For example: Simbin has no problems with old game content being brought to their newer titles.

It makes sense as people still need to buy the newest version in order to play it.

That same applies to F1 2011 and F1 2012 and Tom contacted CM for a clarification per email and they didnt even respond to this email.

If they are not ok with it they can let us know.
Yep because uploading paid DLC for a current game is the same as forward porting some stuff from an older game. Oh, wait...no, it isn't. :)

Thanks for clarifying.
May I make a suggestion? Maybe, some people don't see that thread and the other people might misinterpret this new stance. So I think it should be announced in sticky thread in MOD section. What do you think?

Thanks for clarifying.
May I make a suggestion? Maybe, some people don't see that thread and the other people might misinterpret this new stance. So I think it should be announced in sticky thread in MOD section. What do you think?

I think it's common sense...to be frank. :D

I'll see if I can post a sticky about this soon.

Tom

Even if they lock database or other materials, same kind of my MODs might be possible to work. But I guess it's meaningless for many people.

Probably, after weekly patch bomb is finished, I will examine final state of game. After that I will decide to buy or not.

Well, that ain't too much offtopic. For me RD's rules are a factor whether I'll buy F1 2013 or not as I am excited to mod around with the classic content but if it'd be not allowed to make them public or get other classic content mods, it would be useless to me. Idc about 2013 season :D

Reactions: Tom
What has happened with their latest offering Grid2, doesn't give me a lot of faith for this title.
What HAS happened to it anyway? It's still the same engine (with some graphic tweaks), so the basic file structure should be the same. Or is it? Or did they somehow encapsulate the game content (car models, textures etc) in some un-unpackable objects and you can't replace the files anymore?

EDIT: No, wait, I saw the GRID2 section here at RD and they have livery mods, camera mods, some of the guys are working on the physics... :unsure:

What HAS happened to it anyway? It's still the same engine (with some graphic tweaks), so the basic file structure should be the same. Or is it? Or did they somehow encapsulate the game content (car models, textures etc) in some un-unpackable objects and you can't replace the files anymore?

EDIT: No, wait, I saw the GRID2 section here at RD and they have livery mods, camera mods, some of the guys are working on the physics... :unsure:
It's possible that CM will lock everything. CM did it in the past for Operation FlashPoint. First unpatched version, we could modify almost everything. But after several patch, CM decided not allow to modify everything. I know that fact, so I can't think it's not going to happen.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back