· Pontiac Solstice
· SCCA Spec Racer Ford
· VW Jetta TDI Cup

- As a reminder, the cars that were already on the v5 model are:
· Lotus 49
· Skip Barber Formula 2000
· Street Stock
· Williams-Toyota FW31

Not annouced yet, but because they try to release NTM for similar cars and because of RUF release we can expect that GT cars will have, maybe not all (i hope yes btw) but for sure the MP4 GT3 will be on NTMv5 because is going to race with the RUF Track Version. I hope that Corvette C6.R, V8 Supercars and HPD will be on v5 too (V8's I'm pretty sure, is in testing with Shane VanGisbergen and other real driver from a "long time", nearly a year or so now, from testing Bathurst)
Mustang should also be on v5 because it failed some final check up on the last build.
Some says also Star Mazda failed some last check up.
I think about Dallara, the FW31 already have v5, so basically also Dallara should be near to have it.

As for oval side, i've got no info!

That's all my knowledge for NTMv5 :) use it carefully because there's no official announce by iRacing staff.

The new season should start in 3 weeks and week 13, when new build should be deployed, should be in 2 weeks! I hope you guys will race the 2.4 Hr of Daytona! I hope to have for that race my Obutto R3volution that i won on the last contest thanks to Main Performance PC :) Yeah, I'm a lucky man! :) Now i need a giveaway for some new gen GPU :) my 6850 CF is starting to be not that good since AC was released ;)

Not annouced yet, but because they try to release NTM for similar cars and because of RUF release we can expect that GT cars will have, maybe not all (i hope yes btw) but for sure the MP4 GT3 will be on NTMv5 because is going to race with the RUF Track Version. I hope that Corvette C6.R, V8 Supercars and HPD will be on v5 too (V8's I'm pretty sure, is in testing with Shane VanGisbergen and other real driver from a "long time", nearly a year or so now, from testing Bathurst)
Mustang should also be on v5 because it failed some final check up on the last build.
Some says also Star Mazda failed some last check up.
I think about Dallara, the FW31 already have v5, so basically also Dallara should be near to have it.

As for oval side, i've got no info!

That's all my knowledge for NTMv5 :) use it carefully because there's no official announce by iRacing staff.

The new season should start in 3 weeks and week 13, when new build should be deployed, should be in 2 weeks! I hope you guys will race the 2.4 Hr of Daytona! I hope to have for that race my Obutto R3volution that i won on the last contest thanks to Main Performance PC :) Yeah, I'm a lucky man! :) Now i need a giveaway for some new gen GPU :) my 6850 CF is starting to be not that good since AC was released ;)
Well, seems that this will be the new cars on NTMv5: McLaren MP4-12C GT3, Mustung FR500, KIA Optima GX, Cadillac CTS-V and Radical SR8. well, again, it seems that i have to wait another 3 months to have the C6.R on NTMv5 and also V8 Supercars, this is really strange.

Anyway this is the Press News:
iRacing Staff said:
January 16, 2014 - Week 13 is Upon Us

It’s a new year and a new season . . . almost. First comes Week 13 and a final chance for iRacers fromRookie to Class B to move up to the next rung of the license ladder in time for 2014 Season 1, and for iRacers of all stripes to have plenty of fun.

With two official series to choose from, oval and road racers alike have an opportunity to advance to the next license level. On the oval racing side there’s the Street Stock Challenge with stops at Charlotte (both the Legends and the 1.5 mile ovals), Lanier, Oxford Plains, Thompson, South Boston and USA International. Road racers can get their left and right kicks in the Legends Road Series at Charlotte (road), Laguna Seca, Lime Rock, Okayama (long and short) and Summit Point (Jefferson Reverse).

Safety Ratings and iRatings are in effect in the official series, giving competitors a final opportunity to boost their license ratings before promotions for Season 1 are finalized at week’s end. Likewise, rookies who have yet to complete the category-specific minimum participation requirements for graduation to a D license (two official races or four time trials in each category) can do so in Week 13.

Officially-speaking, there’s $50 in iRacing credits on the line for the winner of the Week 13 Gymkhana which features the RUF RWD in one lap qualifying sessions every five minutes on Virginia International Raceway’s Patriot Course.

Last but by no means least on the official side of life, Week 13 sees the Riley Daytona Prototypes and RUF C-Specs begin practicing and qualifying for the opening round of the new Road Warriors Series – the Rolex 2.4 Hours of Daytona – scheduled for January 25-26.

The week’s unofficial competition sees the NASCAR Gen6 cars in the Carburetor Cupat Talladega Superspeedway along with four (count ‘em, four) 24 Hours of Fun series. When the new build is released, 24 Hours of Fun 1 will see the awesome new Super Late Model competing on seven different short tracks. The 24 Hours of Fun 2 has three cars (Radical SR8, McLaren MP4-12c and RUF-Track) in two classes (Radical and GT3) on seven different road courses, while the 24 Hours of Fun 3 also has the Cadillac CTS-V, KIA Optima and Mustang FR500 competing on a different road course every day of the week. The 24 Hours of Fun 1, 2 and 3 will all use the updated tire model as soon as the build is released. Finally, the 24 Hours of Fun 4 will feature the Mazda MX5, VW Jetta TDi and Pontiac Solstice on just one track: Irwindale’s Figure 8. Ouch!

V8's I'm pretty sure, is in testing with Shane VanGisbergen and other real driver from a "long time", nearly a year or so now, from testing Bathurst

Oh geez, I need a doppleganger, hard enough finding the right amount of real life / work / play balance as it is now the RUF has captured my hear, the current V8 has a strong place with me as well already, I can hardly wait to see a realistic version of it come along :)

I'll be quite honest, this latest patch was outstanding for iRacing. So many cars feel a LOT better between NTM 5 and physics updates. I dare say most cars feel like they have more grip now than they did before and provide better feedback at their limits which is much appreciated.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back