Where is the love for touring cars? :(

I'm talking BTCC, WTCC, TCR - close racing, traiding paint, door2door.

For days i try to find a touring cars busy lobbies to race on a daily basis. Mostly GT3 servers (booooring in terms of close racing) or Nordschleife (i get it is a nice track, but it's not particularly good for racing).

There are also very few touring leagues to join - either full or hard to join, but one race a week is not enough..

What's going on? Why there is no love for it?

I recently watched Jimmy Broadbent stream with classic touring cars mod on Automobilista, and he almost cried out of joy, saying its best fun he ever had. :)

It's simple, to have a popular lobby with mod cars there has to be a group dedicated to keeping it full (like happens with drifting). It doesn't just happen because people would join it.

Keep an eye on the club racing forum here. There is a wide variety of cars including the early 90s dtm. 155 vs m3 vs the cosworth merc.

I watched jimmys races on bachos channel. It did look fantastic. A full set of these cars for AC would be awesome.

Last edited:
It's simple, to have a popular lobby with mod cars there has to be a group dedicated to keeping it full (like happens with drifting). It doesn't just happen because people would join it.

This is what i'm trying to establish here - Why aren't there people dedicated to touring? Everybody agrees it's great fun, isn't it? Mostly FWD, much slower than GT3, great for beginners.

What happened to TOCA fans? Are they too old for gaming? :)

I'm sure there is niche for touring cars fans, but it seems no sim is ready to give it to them.

I'm looking forward to 2022 to new BTCC game i guess....

Keep an eye on the club racing forum here. There is a wide variety of cars including the early 90s dtm. 155 vs m3 vs the cosworth merc.

I watched jimmys races on bachos channel. It did look fantastic. A full set of these cars for AC would be awesome.

Thanks for the tip. I have already looked into it.
Unfortunately, it's not for me, i'm looking for everyday racing, and iirc it's for premium members only.

Last edited:
This is what i'm trying to establish here - Why aren't there people dedicated to touring? Everybody agrees it's great fun, isn't it? Mostly FWD, much slower than GT3, great for beginners.

What happened to TOCA fans? Are they too old for gaming? :)

I'm sure there is niche for touring cars fans, but it seems no sim is ready to give it to them.

I'm looking forward to 2022 to new BTCC game i guess....

Thanks for the tip. I have already looked into it.
Unfortunately, it's not for me, i'm looking for everyday racing, and iirc it's for premium members only.

The problem with AC is the car packs are behind a paywall which keeps numbers low.

Free cars you have

320i vs primera and 155 vs m3 vs mercedes and alot of messing with BoP. Alot of the tracks then are DLC too.

All a recipe for an empty public server. The door to door racing is usually very messy on one of the e30 m3 public servers. You can't compare it to a racing club event.

Hopefully once PM3DM are done and we have a decent grid of supertourers there’ll be plenty of legitimate racing. I know of a popular supertouring series but they use low quality cars stolen from a GTR2 modder.

The problem with AC is the car packs are behind a paywall which keeps numbers low.

Free cars you have

320i vs primera and 155 vs m3 vs mercedes and alot of messing with BoP. Alot of the tracks then are DLC too.

All a recipe for an empty public server. The door to door racing is usually very messy on one of the e30 m3 public servers. You can't compare it to a racing club event.

Yeah, that is a valid point.

I guess simply touring cars are not what crowds and Kunos desire :)

Only option for regular touring racing is a league which is hard to find and/or join. I've done reaserch, contacted admins but so far i could only join a clio cup :)

Last edited:
Hopefully once PM3DM are done and we have a decent grid of supertourers there’ll be plenty of legitimate racing. I know of a popular supertouring series but they use low quality cars stolen from a GTR2 modder.

Hey. Oh yeah, I like what they do:) Any deadline set?
And it's going to be a paid content, though?

I think once modders decided post RF to go behind a paywall it made this game for payers in a way, which is fine, but you only really get volume increase in popularity with making stuff available as modders did in the past on RF, even a few years ago you would still get full Megane, Clio, CART servers full. And also a lot of players made it easier to adjust the mod, make it better, fix faults, more people make it better.

OK I know the mods are harder and perhaps better quality, but please dont tell me that GP79, Enduracers, Historix, and a few of the F1 mods are any worse than the modern stuff, and they were all free.

Hey. Oh yeah, I like what they do:) Any deadline set?
And it's going to be a paid content, though?

It’s not, it’s going to be free, which I almost feel is a bit of a shame to be honest. When you look at flight sim or even train sim assets available you can easily be paying £10-20 a time and whilst I do think that is extortionate, people still do buy them. But when it comes to Assetto, would you pay £20 for a pack of touring cars? Probably not, yet the same amount (arguably more) has gone into it.

But as things stand people don’t make enough from making mods to quit their day jobs and develop mods full time let alone make quality stuff on their tod, so it takes ages to get good free stuff out.

There are still the old BTCC Legends around on the web, you'll find them with a little research.

They're exactly the same as on that website that sells them in 4 packs for 10 bucks each, which were actually stolen.

I've created a couple championships for offline races and mixed in the two PM3DM cars, but the AI is just too easy to win against, so if you're down, hit me up! I'd love to race them online, it's one of the best racing series ever (imho).

20210209193304_1.jpg
20210210144851_1.jpg

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back