Where is my GT3 DLC? And how do I get it back?

After doing a new install of rF2, I see that my GT3 DLC is missing some "unknown files" so that it wont load into rF2. As this DLC is the one I drive most, it's a bit frustrating. I know I've seen this problem mentioned before, but I can't find the solution anywhere using the search function.Can anybody help?

Nope Martin: you automatically get subscribed to all the content from s397 when you install the game. It's default. No mistake on his side there.

If you want to avoir that you need to go to "Userdata" folder in your rf2 folder, then open the "Launcher.cfg" file with a text editor and edit "Disable Workshop Auto-Subscribe" to True. Then you can have the base game only with no workshop content. Then go through the workshop and subscribe to the items you want.
That is a great tip Alex, thankyou! I'll be installing it yet again in a few weeks when my new gaming box is finally finished, and the tip with the Launcher.cfg. hack will come in very handy. No answer yet from either Steam or studio397
So what you're saying is rF2 installs content for you are not subscribed to? Do I get it right? And you are sure about you being unsubscribed from it?

BTW, I'm not 65, but I've also been doing this stuff forever, and I've reinstalled rF2 I think three times in the last three years, while two of those times I didn't really have to, I was just checking something for someone else). How often do you reinstall rF2 for it to be enough of an issue for you? And BTW, each time, it took me like maybe 10 minutes to get it back to the way I want it (also because I simply backed up some of the files). Not counting the time to re-download the workshop content, of course, but that happens in the background while I do other stuff.

Then again you're no stranger to various weird software and hardware issues and problems no-one else seems to have, and strange "solutions", so I would still once again suggest there's something more going on on your side...
If your talking about the problems I had with R3E, that turned out to be the buggy Steam app together with my old WMD Acer VR headset, and nothing to do with having a proxy running in the background, as was suspected at the time. Solved that problem by buying a Rift S, now R3E runs like a dream. All the other sims too, except at the moment rF2, grrr.
Once I get everything running, I don't usually have any problems, I don't do anything with my gaming computer other than use my games on Steam. For all the other stuff, I have several other desktops, tablets and notebooks.

I have seen your predicament several times over the last year, I THINK it is caused by joining a server that has some vmod based on thte dlc content. Something conflicts with the original dlc and the modded track or cars. The result is some of the dlc seem to get corrupted. the above guide should get it back.
I don't use online servers, I drive against the AI

I'd check your payment method to see if the cash transferred. Then, if you could, list the cars that did show up and the ones that are crossed out. That way we may be able single out a DLC pak vs. scattered odd cars.
Best chance to reach a dev is via Discord. There was a link posted back on the S397 forums, but I don't use Discord so I never kept it. Keep digging!

About only rF2 having strange problems:
Let @Dirk Steffen explain to you how absolutely bugged and awful Raceroom can be. At least you can still start rF2. His raceroom install wouldn't even run and he tried for multiple weeks.. Just dead even on a different PC etc etc...

I couldn't race for weeks in ams until some long time member from the ams club told me that there's a bug with your router sometimes.
So I had to put a custom, muted chat message on my upshift button to keep the connection.
Prepared for 3 races and every race I lost my connection after a few minutes into the race.

AC still can't save 2 replays for 2 race sessions on a row sometimes and simple loses one. Same for the results file.. Sometimes just bugged.
Awesome stuff if you're a replay and stats watcher like me...

ACC crasht on me a few times. Not too bad though since I wasn't racing online when it happened...

For me, rF2 is the only sim that always did what I wanted it to do. If course it's overly complicated and a mess to get around everything but it never crashed, always had all data and never did strange things while I was facing :)

I'd check your payment method to see if the cash transferred. Then, if you could, list the cars that did show up and the ones that are crossed out. That way we may be able single out a DLC pak vs. scattered odd cars.
Best chance to reach a dev is via Discord. There was a link posted back on the S397 forums, but I don't use Discord so I never kept it. Keep digging!
So, in the absence of any reply from any support, I bought the AGAIN about 10mins ago. For €17.50 altogether. And I've recieved the emails from Steam and Paypal concerning payment "thankyou for your recent purchase, bla, bla" and guess what? I'm still getting the bloody message "requires unknown base mod to be installed" What base mod. It's a vanilla install onto a fresh Win 10 install. What has gone wrong?
This time I've taken screenshots of all the transactions, I'm not going to be paying for them a third time. But where is the support when you need them? I haven't received so much as an Email, either from Steam or from studio397. I'm very disappointed at the lack of support, they could've at least sent a mail to say their looking into it.

davehenrie said:

I hadn't got round to re-installing Discord after the new Win 10 install, but I just installed it again and posted a message in the studio397 support there. I'm not holding my breath though, maybe everyones on holida
y :D

Got it! Did anybody know that skin packs block the installation from DLC packs? Well you do now. That was the problem. Shame I had to pay twice before I found out that that was the problem. And still no answer from any support, what a joke :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Got it! Did anybody know that skin packs block the installation from DLC packs? Well you do now. That was the problem. Shame I had to pay twice before I found out that that was the problem. And still no answer from any support, what a joke :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
Well they are a rather small company so I wouldn't expect any support before Monday honestly.
They probably don't have a 24/7 support center but instead standard western European working times. Mo-Fri, 6:00-18:00 variable.

Did you buy it more than 2 hours ago (since you probably were trying to run the game it may have been counted the time without playing)?
If not you can refund it.
They should also be able to give you a refund anyway. 100% sure if you still have the purchase email from steam!

Well you didn't give them time.
You reported a "problem" on holiday and expect immediate feedback?
They are not ER waiting for a call.
Btw the "problem" you had was caused by you messing with 3rd party unsupported skin packs if I got that right?
If that is the case than tbh I am glad that you paid twice because you are arrogant to blame others for your incompetence and impatience.

Well they are a rather small company so I wouldn't expect any support before Monday honestly.
They probably don't have a 24/7 support center but instead standard western European working times. Mo-Fri, 6:00-18:00 variable.

Did you buy it more than 2 hours ago (since you probably were trying to run the game it may have been counted the time without playing)?
If not you can refund it.
They should also be able to give you a refund anyway. 100% sure if you still have the purchase email from steam!
I can accept that studio397 doesn't have 24/7 support, although Marcel hangs out a lot on Discord, but that Steam support didn't reply surprises me somewhat. They are huge and should have an adequate support system one would think.

Well you didn't give them time.
You reported a "problem" on holiday and expect immediate feedback?
They are not ER waiting for a call.
Btw the "problem" you had was caused by you messing with 3rd party unsupported skin packs if I got that right?
If that is the case than tbh I am glad that you paid twice because you are arrogant to blame others for your incompetence and impatience.
24hrs isn't long enough to even send a mail saying that they will look into it? In which third-world country are you living in? Have a nice day, Captain helpful :D

24hrs isn't long enough to even send a mail saying that they will look into it? In which third-world country are you living in? Have a nice day, Captain helpful :D
Seems like a misunderstanding here... I thought you would've contacted the support today, on Friday, after 18:00. Apparently you contacted them on Thursday?
That addon skin packs block the DLC install seems to be something else you don't know, as well as not knowing that you get all the content with a new install. If you don't know what you're talking about, why bother to reply? :)
What skinpacks are we talking about? I'm confused... But I never installed skinpacks for rF2.
So did you have 3rd party skinpacks from somewhere installed, which blocked the dlc install or do you mean the official s397 skins?

Good thing you got it sorted out. Basically original or dlc content always have issue with outdated mods. Now i know where to start first if i got problem with original or dlc content.

@GuitarTech Your issue sounds REALLY frustrating.
When I had some rF2 specific issues many months ago (I barely ever use rF2 any longer these days), I found it best to get in touch with Marcel Offermans directly through the official rF2 discord channel.

As has been mentioned, they are a small team likely loaded with work.
Explain your issue and I am sure Marcel can direct your issue to the right person and they will sort you out.

Here is a direct link to the rF2 support ticket form from their discord channel:

Here is a invite link to the official rF2 discord (limited to 25 uses, so if it did not work for you, ask again or find the link on their website / forum):

You can also scan their official forum or ask for help their - usually if no official help can be had, a few users jump in and lend a hand. The rF2 forum tends to provide a little more support than the rF2 forum section here as there are simply more people around, familiar with rF2.

I hope you can get it sorted. If you like rF2, it can really shine where its good at and it deserves a good user base.

I myself have stopped using it as I just don't have the time for the trouble shooting I usually had to do and mainly really because I am one of those who just don't get along with the UI.
Luckily our choice of amazing racing sims these days is superb and there is something in each of them for everyone ;-)

Good luck.

You bought something for a few EUR and expect lifetime customer support on a non-working day? :rolleyes:
I have used 1000x more expensive software and it was not uncommon to wait a day for a proper response.
Btw why would anybody even respond to you if you messed with 3rd party unsupported mods without knowing what you are doing? There is probably some terms and agreement you need to read.

Your problem could happen to anyone, but at least be a man, admit a mistake, don't blame others for your impatience.

Seems like a misunderstanding here... I thought you would've contacted the support today, on Friday, after 18:00. Apparently you contacted them on Thursday?

What skinpacks are we talking about? I'm confused... But I never installed skinpacks for rF2.
So did you have 3rd party skinpacks from somewhere installed, which blocked the dlc install or do you mean the official s397 skins?
The skinpack is called VLN 2018 GT3 Liveries Pack from simskin.de. It's in the Steam Workshop, that's why I thought it was risk-free. I didn't even think about it when I re-installed rF2 after the comp. re-build, I'd almost forgotten about it. It was only when I wanted to install all my DLC that it reared its ugly head.
Just by chance, I posted on Discord about the problems I was having, and someone said " do you have any skins or tracks that use the GT3 DLC? They block the install" So, I went into rF2, unsubscribed the skin pack, and lo and behold, I had my DLC content again. Then I subscribed to the skin pack again.
When you know about this conflict, it's easy peasy. Until now I had no idea, and almost nobody else either. Not here, and not on studio397s dedicated forum. The idea with Discord was a lucky hit.
Another example of what a mess rF2 is, as regards conflicts and documentation.
But I still love it, it's by far my favorite sim, streets ahead of any of the others that I own. It's like owning a dog that bites you now and again when he's in a bad mood, but you still love him anyway :D
Just for you, auf Deutsch " Humor ist wenn man trotzdem lacht " ;)

Last edited:
Good thing you got it sorted out. Basically original or dlc content always have issue with outdated mods. Now i know where to start first if i got problem with original or dlc content.

The mod is from August 28 2019, hardly outdated I would've thought :)
You bought something for a few EUR and expect lifetime customer support on a non-working day? :rolleyes:
I have used 1000x more expensive software and it was not uncommon to wait a day for a proper response.
Btw why would anybody even respond to you if you messed with 3rd party unsupported mods without knowing what you are doing? There is probably some terms and agreement you need to read.

Your problem could happen to anyone, but at least be a man, admit a mistake, don't blame others for your impatience.

I don't usually reply to negative posts, that don't help to solve my problem, but in this case I will anyway.
I admit I was a bit pissed off, due to being frustrated. I'd had to do without rF2 for over two weeks due to a re-build of my gaming rig, and then, of all things, the only cars that I drive in rF2 wouldn't install. I'd always assumed that the stuff in the Steam Workshop was kosher, as you have to submit the mod for approval before they load it up. Without the tip from some guy on the rF2 forum on Discord, Id've never thought that a skin pack could mess up a DLC install You live and learn.
The most unsettling thing about this whole affair is that these things are so badly documented in rF2. In that respect, rF2 is a mess.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back