Wheel rotation, lock and shifters.

Hey guys, I'm kind of new to all of this.. so I was just wondering...

How you guys set up your wheels?

At the moment I'm stuck with 360 wheel rotation, and default 15 degrees steering lock. It's that ok... should I change any of this? Each car class is better with a different setup?

Hm.. and other thing, what shifters you guys use, for me it's the sequencial shifter (for WTCC, Muscle Cars) and the paddles behind the wheel (fast GT cars and open wheel).. btw, I use a DFGT.

sorry for all the questions.. :cool:

thanks in advance.

I hope this thread isn't considered too old to dig up...

I tried the settings that Dariusz recommended (both in-game, and Logitech Profiler settings) and I must be doing something wrong because the wheel jerked violently from side to side when I tried to move it off-center while driving. It was like a really loose spot in the middle for about 5 degrees each way, then it would pull real hard if I passed that threshold.

I had to reduce in-game FF settings to:
Strength: 50
Steering: 50

One tip for everyone though... while messing around with wheel settings, I also changed "speed-sensitive steering" to 0% (I used to have it on 30%). That one change chopped 15 seconds off my Nordschleife lap time!! I feel like I have a lot more control of the wheels around turns now.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.