F1 2012 Wheel/Pedals Not Recognised

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
Hello all,

In addition to my utter failure to configure triple screens, I have also failed to get my wheel/pedals recognized. Both are recognized as game controllers in the control panel, so I would expect that I can use them. I'm using a bodar wheel (which appears as a "Steering Wheel"), and the pedals are custom Tiltons that simply utilize a BU0836 board. I made sure to calibrate both of these in the Windows game controller properties.

Soooo, neither of these work in the game. I must be missing something obvious, what is it?

I don't know either the wheel or the pedals.

So I'll ask the obvious question, have you tried customizing the wheel/pedals in the game's wheel setting pages?

By that I mean actually remapping every function of the wheel and pedals. So rather just just accepting what axis or slider is presented to you for each function as default, you actually remap it.

The trouble is that you don't really have any leverage with Codemasters either, because your equipment isn't listed as compatible :-

http://community.codemasters.com/t5...2012-Official-Supported-Wheel-List/td-p/53342

It may be possible to created your own actionmap XML file that is edited for your wheel. However I am not sure how you can force the game to recognise the new file, even if you add it to the actionMapPaths.xml file.

You'd probably have to know your way around Windows devices and how they are recognised and identified ......

I suppose you could ask them in their tech support forum, but I somehow doubt you would get much joy.

It looks like I'm probably out of luck, which is pretty ridiculous since you should be able to map an axis of a HID device to it:

Thank you for submitting your recent request to Codemasters Customer Services concerning F1 2012.

Unfortunately only the following wheels are fully supported by the game...

Microsoft 360 Wireless Racing Wheel
Atomic Super Sport Evo Steering Wheel
Atomic TVR Sagaris Sport Racing Steering Wheel
ECCI Trackstar 6000
Fanatec ClubSport
Fanatec CSR Elite
Fanatec Porsche 911 Carrera
Fanatec Porsche 911 GT2
Fanatec Porsche 911 GT3 RS2
Fanatec Porsche 911 Turbo S
Logic3 Tri Format Topdrive GT
Logic3 Tri Format Topdrive RF
Logitech Driving Force GT
Logitech Driving Force Pro
Logitech Formula Force EX/RX
Logitech G25 Racing Wheel
Logitech G27 Racing Wheel
Logitech MOMO Racing Force (Racing)
Logitech WingMan Formula Force GP Racing Wheel
Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback Wheel with Force Feedback
Thrustmaster Ferrari 430 Force Feedback Racing Wheel
Thrustmaster Ferrari F1 wheel Integral T500
Thrustmaster Ferrari GT Experience
Thrustmaster Ferrari GT F430 Wireless Cockpit
Thrustmaster RGT Force Feedback Clutch Edition
Thrustmaster T500RS Racing Wheel
Thrustmaster Universal Challenge 5-in-1 Racing Wheel

Please note that the above is a list of officially supported controllers. If your controller is not in the above list it may still work with the game either fully or with limited functionality but it is not officially supported. When using an unsupported wheel, you will need to use the custom setup and define each action yourself, as the game will not recognise your device automatically.

Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused

Kind regards
Rob
Codemasters Customer Services

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back