Wheel calibration.

Cote Dazur

SIM Addict
All wheel base calibrate when we start them, rotation to the left, rotation to the right, some have a little jiggle in the middle, and the wheel is calibrated.
Does it calibrate always exactly the same?
If not, what impact does it have on how FFB is perceived?
Do you have a “reference” SIM/car/track combo to verify your wheel base acts as it should?

I have a DD1 with a Porsche 918 RSR rim.
When I turn on the base it simply does small rotation to 14:00 and back to center. That's all.

I was worried in the beginning but I remember searching Fanatec forums and found out this behavior is normal/expected.
FFB is great and I never had a single problem or malfunction with my base.

Upvote 0
I have a DD1 with a Porsche 918 RSR rim.
When I turn on the base it simply does small rotation to 14:00 and back to center. That's all.

I was worried in the beginning but I remember searching Fanatec forums and found out this behavior is normal/expected.
FFB is great and I never had a single problem or malfunction with my base.
Yes, of course, it is normal behaviour, my question is does the FFB always feels the same? Does the calibration always calibrate the same way? Are we sure? How do we know? What is our reference?

Upvote 0
What is our reference?
My understanding is that calibration is about wheel home position, based on an encoder.
Some wheel base calibrations rotate thru more than 360 degrees to verify encoder steps as well as home.
I do not know of any force calibrations; force is determined by electrical current,
which is typically controlled by pulse width based on a microcontroller's crystal clock.

Upvote 0
My understanding is that calibration is about wheel home position

not only, as test you could let your hands drag on the wheel as it is doing its rotation, not too much pressure.
In my experience it will affect how your wheel perform, hence a calibration is happening, determining strength of electrical current, but not only, feeling is also different, not just strength.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back