What's butchering my FPS?

I was struggling with the visual settings today, it seemed like no matter what I changed (while trying to keep some fidelity) I was stuck at 40-55fps tops, so I decided to try the premade settings, and here's my results:
Medium: 145-155 FPS overall, dipping down towards 115 on the start/finish straight
High: 45-60 FPS dipping to about 37 on the straight.

So, what is causing this major drop in FPS between the two settings? Which settings should I perhaps focus on lowering in Custom to get somewhere in the ballpark of 70-80 steady FPS with dips no lower than 60?

My system;
GTX 780 3GB
i5 2500k
8GB 1600MHz RAM

I have the same GTX780 3 Gb card and it am still trying to figure out "cube map" what it is, what it does... I am happy if I can vsynch and have 60 fps.

Cube maps are the reflections on the vehicles. The higher the setting the better looking they are but in all honesty, you can't really run more than simple cube maps in this game without the framerate taking a huge hit even on the most powerful PC's right now.

Humm, dunno why this confused me so much this time around, I could not find the cubemaps settings, but I think I have now, it's the one called Reflection Type right?
I was looking for cubemaps and only found it when I "accidently" turned reflection type to the lowest setting (which is "simple cubemap").

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back