What to buy? Fanatec CSW or T500RS

I'm thinking to buy CSW base with the gt2 rim and the v2 pedals, I'm actualy between this and the T500 RS, but I have found reports for bad reliability on fanatec products but there are all 1 year ago. Is there any new feedback on this? Have they fixed the problems or they are still there?

going mad here :mad:
a few pages before I was so convinced of going for the fanatec CSWline
but these products really seems to be too prone to failure for my liking
it' s sad that when people are prepared to pay this amount of money for a wheel and pedals and shifter
that they are put off by fanatec's infamy for being too unreliable and rather go for a (heavily) modded t500 rs
if they nailed their reliability like their marketing (hats off for logitech in that regard)
it would've been a nobrainer for me
and although I heared lots of stories about good customer support
I'm not feeling like loading up a video and waiting for an answer or a diy-solution... :cautious:
Don't forget that my repair process has been going on since october 27. And now the distributor is not even answering my e-mails!! This is even after i have agreed to take a replacement motor which has not been shipped yet!! BTW, did Markvenom get banned? He might consider you a traitor if he sees your final decision! lol.

Upvote 0
Don't forget that my repair process has been going on since october 27. And now the distributor is not even answering my e-mails!! This is even after i have agreed to take a replacement motor which has not been shipped yet!! BTW, did Markvenom get banned? He might consider you a traitor if he sees your final decision! lol.

In your case it's obvious that it's the distributor who is acting really weird !

You should let Fanatec know about the distributors behaviour !

Upvote 0
I feel like I have to say something here because people seems to soak up the negative comments on Fanatec products that keeps floating around the net.

You should take in consideration that most Fanatec users never post on forums!

Why ?

Because they are busy using their Fanatec equipment !

If Fanatec's fail rate where as high as some people want to portray, Fanatec would simply not exist anymore.

FYI -Fanatec is developing a range of new products as we speak !

Well, I'm glad you did Tobbe, cause it seems like the ones with a working Fanatec wheel are the 'few white ravens' out there... I'm still in doubt about it and I know if I would go for the t500 I would have to mod it rather heavily (pedals and getting rid of that horrifying rim which make my eyes bleed) and then the price would come close to that one of the cswline AND i lose my warranty (I think)...

But you made me REALLY soooo curious about that new range of products
do you have more info about that? does it include reliability-improvements? :D
nah serious, if you know more, please share it with us! :)

Upvote 0
Well, I'm glad you did Tobbe, cause it seems like the ones with a working Fanatec wheel are the 'few white ravens' out there... I'm still in doubt about it and I know if I would go for the t500 I would have to mod it rather heavily (pedals and getting rid of that horrifying rim which make my eyes bleed) and then the price would come close to that one of the cswline AND i lose my warranty (I think)...

But you made me REALLY soooo curious about that new range of products
do you have more info about that? does it include reliability-improvements? :D
nah serious, if you know more, please share it with us! :)

New rims and hopefully the CS Handbrake should arrive this year :D
Fanatec is improving the reliability all the time :)

Upvote 0
New rims: do you have any idea what kind of rims we can expect?

And your last sentence sounds like music to my ears, really :x3:
but do you have proof of that?
have there been updates for e.g. the csw since it came out?
and do you think the css sq is still 'risky' to buy given it's a relative new product?

Upvote 0
New rims: do you have any idea what kind of rims we can expect?

And your last sentence sounds like music to my ears, really :x3:
but do you have proof of that?
have there been updates for e.g. the csw since it came out?
and do you think the css sq is still 'risky' to buy given it's a relative new product?

FYI I don't work for Fanatec so I only know what I know from emails I had with them and from various forum posts. They don't reveal much in emails I can tell you.

All companies are improving their products and I have no proof of anything.
The first CSW bases had a batch of bad motors and I guess that is a well known issue and has been taking care of.

I myself would have had the CSS SQ by now if it wasn't for that the last batch sold out before I had the time to put down an order.

I have absolutely no doubt that the CSS SQ is a brilliant piece of "gear" :p and by the end of March one will be mine :D

The ones who gotten into problems with their Fanatec gear seems to make a lot of noise on the Internet but as usual the ones who enjoy their rigs keep on happily racing day after day.

It's like the analogy with a drop of oil can ruin a ton of water.

One things for sure, Fanatec is doing the best they can and they keep getting better and better.

Upvote 0
FYI I don't work for Fanatec so I only know what I know from emails I had with them and from various forum posts. They don't reveal much in emails I can tell you.

All companies are improving their products and I have no proof of anything.
The first CSW bases had a batch of bad motors and I guess that is a well known issue and has been taking care of.

I myself would have had the CSS SQ by now if it wasn't for that the last batch sold out before I had the time to put down an order.

I have absolutely no doubt that the CSS SQ is a brilliant piece of "gear" :p and by the end of March one will be mine :D

The ones who gotten into problems with their Fanatec gear seems to make a lot of noise on the Internet but as usual the ones who enjoy their rigs keep on happily racing day after day.

It's like the analogy with a drop of oil can ruin a ton of water.

One things for sure, Fanatec is doing the best they can and they keep getting better and better.

Thnx for replying, I hope you are so right with your drops of oil :)
Never had the intent to insinuate you work for Fanatec: I valuate your opinion
and you sound objective to me so for me that's important.
http://insidesimracing.tv/forums/to...atec-will-announcerelease-new-rims-next-year/
I read on this site that there was talk of a 5 to 10 year lifespan support for the csw
that would mean a lot to me
also I can read a CSW v2 might be a possibility

Upvote 0
Interesting conversation,i'm also on the look out for a new wheel in the near future(hope this year).
And i'm in the same spot as you Tim...loving the CSW but reading all this bad posts on several forums,so starting to lean towards the t500 with indeed a horrific wheel so would need a 3rd party wheel for it.
Great to read a positive post by Tobbe Bergman.
Still unsure what to do though,but i still have time..no hurry.

BTW your link doesnt work (http://racedepartment.tv/forums/top...atec-will-announcerelease-new-rims-next-year/)
At least not for me:(
Was really interested in what they had to say on new rims and stuff.

Upvote 0
Interesting conversation,i'm also on the look out for a new wheel in the near future(hope this year).
And i'm in the same spot as you Tim...loving the CSW but reading all this bad posts on several forums,so starting to lean towards the t500 with indeed a horrific wheel so would need a 3rd party wheel for it.
Great to read a positive post by Tobbe Bergman.
Still unsure what to do though,but i still have time..no hurry.

BTW your link doesnt work (http://racedepartment.tv/forums/top...atec-will-announcerelease-new-rims-next-year/)
At least not for me:(
Was really interested in what they had to say on new rims and stuff.

I think he meant this link:

http://racedepartment.tv/forums/top...atec-will-announcerelease-new-rims-next-year/

Pure speculations :roflmao:

Upvote 0
So I agreed to take the new Fanatec internals for the CSW and change them at home. The package arrived yesterday with an e-mail that contained so-called instructions on how "easy" it would be to do so. Quote: "...as easy as changing a bicycle tire." Basically after a 110 days of waiting ....it doesn't work!! ....At all! Here we go again. This will take many more months to deal with I'm sure! Take note everyone. This is a nightmare.

Upvote 0
So I agreed to take the new Fanatec internals for the CSW and change them at home. The package arrived yesterday with an e-mail that contained so-called instructions on how "easy" it would be to do so. Quote: "...as easy as changing a bicycle tire." Basically after a 110 days of waiting ....it doesn't work!! ....At all! Here we go again. This will take many more months to deal with I'm sure! Take note everyone. This is a nightmare.

Changing a bicycle tire can be pretty hard sometimes :D

What exactly did you replace ?

Are you saying that it still doesn't work after replacing the old internals with the new you just got from Fanatec ? :unsure:

Upvote 0
Changing a bicycle tire can be pretty hard sometimes :D

What exactly did you replace ?

Are you saying that it still doesn't work after replacing the old internals with the new you just got from Fanatec ? :unsure:
Correct! They (the distributor) sent me the new double motor assembly and the wire loom that goes through the steering shaft from the quick release to the board. There was no mention of the blue locktite on the hardware, torque specs (some threads are in aluminum and some are in plastic). And no mention or suggestion to the tension to apply to the pulley and belt that goes through the new motor. Now I cannot select playstation mode. The console does not read the wheel as a controller. The wheel has no display. It tries to calibrate but locks up all the way to the left. AND the start button will turn the wheel on ...but not off!

Upvote 0

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 44 9.0%
  • Monthly

Votes: 21 4.3%
  • Yearly

Votes: 31 6.3%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 11 2.2%