What percentage of the World's police force by nation is corrupt?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Mohamedou Ari, Nov 5, 2012.

1. Mohamedou Ari

Mohamedou Ari
    F1 Sim Racer & #1 St. Bernard Lover on RD Premium

Ratings:
    +606
    Ever since law enforcement was first practised, there has been and still is a problem with corruption.

If a rich person got caught committing a crime, then the rich person of ancient times gave a coin purse full of gold and the guards looked the other way as that rich person gets away with his crime.

Now, a rich person just needs to give a stack of $100 bills and that police officer will drop all the charges.

I want to know by nation, what percentage of cops are corrupt and only serve the dollar and not the law?

My guesses are:

In the developing nations, corruption is 9 out of every 10 officer.
    In some developed countries like Italy and Turkey, 6-7 out of every 10 cops
    In the U.S., perhaps 4-6 out of every 10 cops
    In the U.K., perhaps 4-5 out of every 10 cops
    In the rest of the developed world, 2-4 out of every 10 cops

I know that in the U.S., U.K., and Italy, cops have a low income, so, corruption is rampant because of that.

If policemen were paid more, corruption would be reduced by a third or by half.

Your thoughts?

2. Bram Hengeveld

Bram Hengeveld
    Founder Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +17,365
    Dont know about the figures really. Not even dare to guess either. Like in all things in life you have corruption and corruption.

I do believe the majority are good community serving people. At least here in the Netherlands they are. Sometimes a bit too soft in their approach for my liking (too much talk, too little force) but in general good people trying to do their jobs.