What do you guys think of the new F1 Sky channel?

I was little bit disappointed, the show had a kind of Idols feel to it. Lots and lots of cool cutscenes and shitty music, lots of "Coming Up" stuff in a true US tv style where half of the airtime is upcoming scenes from the show your actual watching. Short clips to fill up time between advertisements (i guess there is ads in the broadcast, i watched ads free version..) and not so much substance. It was 1½ long and yet it packed little of everything... Only explosions were missing to qualify it as "Michael Bay" ;)

Nice graphics and all but i hope the actual races are better. I prefer BBC style better..

at least you guys get decent F1 coverage thru BBC and Sky...

Here in American Speed TV is the best they got...wait the only thing we have :(

so you guys should feel lucky....last season the Japanse GP was off by 20minutes....i was following it on the BCC site and yet 20 mins after the start of the race they start showing it from the beginnign here..i was like 'TIME WARP!" lol :rolleyes:

Yeah, i will bet that Sky F1 LIVE is multiplies better than SpeedTV, also known as " 5 minutes to the finish line and the top three are within one second and next: commercials" Had to watch one race from Speed last season and i was screming at the tv every 10 minutes: "LET ME SEE THE RACE, GODDAMNIT!!!"

They really don't care what's happening in the race, when it's time to show ads, they will show ads...

Now that i've watched it again, it's more of a "look what i can do" show than actual 2012 preview. That was the thing that was bugging me. There were some great bits too, very high quality settings.

The 2012 Season Preview show had all the Sky Sports hallmarks of their football coverage, chav tv with a heavy Americanized style.

I enjoy the old season reviews their running though and the interactive features for race day look great.

It's cheaper than the Norwegian F1(motorsport)-channel, which sends the commentators to the race once a year. The rest of the time they are in a small small room in Norway, looking at a 13-15" screen and having a laptop with bad internet connection.

The Sky deal is cheap...

Yes. Obviously they cost money. The point is, if you're already paying for the Sports package, which is well worth the money overall, then the F1 channel is free. :rolleyes:

Well not everyone has Sky Sports, or even Sky for that matter. Everyone had BBC. Don't try to be smart by saying "It's free" because it isn't. It will cost for the BBC too (TV License) but that isn't anywhere near as bad as a Sky Box, Sky Sports (Or HD) Package, Aerial costs, extra's etc.

Oh, Gordon-blooming-Bennett, if you have Sky or Sky Sports, then the F1 channel is available at no extra charge. That makes it free. Unlike say for example Sky Box Office boxing events, which cost £15 each. They're not free - see the difference now?

You two are nitpicking here... This is comparable to a situation where you buy 2 pair of socks and the third one is free. In reality, the third one is not free since you have to pay for something else first. But to the person who has already paid for the two, it's free.. So stop pickering.

BBC is free and only those who had the Sky Sport package F1 is free. But to say that the service as a whole is free, well, it is not. For me, it's not even possible to buy. So i could start stating now that Sky F1 doesn't even exist or that it violates my freedom of choice....

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 13 6.2%