What do you guys think of the new F1 Sky channel?

I think the new sky F1 channel is brilliant and i am sure they will take it to a new level forsure. Really liked the bbc coverage and wasnt sure what sky would pull outa the bag but after watching the preview show i was impressed. ;):):)

Nothing is free.
If you don't pay a license fee, you can't watch BBC.
Sky Sports F1 is not free to Sky customers. It's available 'at no EXTRA charge'. So you get more for your money but nothing free.

Nothing is free.
If you don't pay a license fee, you can't watch BBC.
Sky Sports F1 is not free to Sky customers. It's available 'at no EXTRA charge'. So you get more for your money but nothing free.

Yes Chris i understand what u r saying but i already have the sky hd package for over a year now and that lets me watch F1 for no extra charge so it feels like its free even tho its not:)

Oh, Gordon-blooming-Bennett, if you have Sky or Sky Sports, then the F1 channel is available at no extra charge. That makes it free. Unlike say for example Sky Box Office boxing events, which cost £15 each. They're not free - see the difference now?
Neither the BBC or Sky Sports is free.
However if you have a TV you have to pay the BBC license fee which is enforced by law. So in a way its a tax. So you could treat BBC as "paid for in your tax bill".
If you dont watch a lot of sport on TV. £40-50 per month for sky is a lot of money.
I dont have Sky, F1 is the only sport I watch apart from Alpine Skiing I wont pay that money for it and it certainly isnt free.
Fotunately for me friends have Sky and sometimes I can watch it on "their portable devices". Some of which hook up ok to my TV!

I thought the F1 show I saw last Sunday (sky1) was pretty good, they were keen to display the tech gizmos, it also looks as thought they have given the likes of Ted Kravitz and Anthony Davidson bigger roles than they had with the BBC. I'll be sticking with the BBC coverage for this season but if I had the money I would probably sign up to Sky Sports just to get the F1 channel.

Oh, and Georgie Thompson is bite the back of your hand gorgeous, damn.

I don't think Sky understand the difference between nostalgia in F1 and in music.. Most of the tunes are like lullabies.. F1 has been loud, and aggressive in every decade, enough with soft piano and give us raw energy..

God where do I start with this....

Good points - the vision is out of this world it feels like your really there, the actual race coverage was good...thats where the good comments stop.

Bad points - After about a half hour I was ready to punch the screen, the pre race entertaiinment had a morning breakfast show feel about it and they used two people who openly...and I mean openly said they knew nothing about motor sport let alone Formula 1. They promoted week day tv shows that I would never have cared about and subtituted lee Mckenzie for some Air head that use to or still is the host of a childrens saturday cartoon program.

The race itself was good, equal to BBC, enjoyed it thoroughly.They kept a good momentum and excitement up.

But those extra clips.. Brundle in Ferrari clip lasted 40 seconds! I happened to time it.. They fly the crew to Italy, Ferrari makes a buttload of preparation, Brundle drives 14 (or was it 40 laps...) and then they show it for full 40 seconds.. What a joke that was...I was expecting that segment for the whole weekend and then... nothing.... When BBC did s a similar thing, it was 10 minutes detailed and technical, very interesting segement that i looked many times afterwards.. Don't think i'll be waiting for the pre-race again. I'll rather sleep a little bit longer..

Better than the coverage here in the US, not as good as what the BBC did. The commercials on a subscription channel are just insulting. But really what else would you expect from a News Corp owned channel?

I think the sky coverage is brilliant. Still feels a little too polished at the moment but BBC was like that when they first got the rights back, they're just trying to find their feet.

As for the cost. You do not need Sky Sports in anyway shape or form. You can have the most basic Sky subscription which is about £20 a month, then upgrade to HD which will cost you an extra £10 totalling at £30 obviously.

This then gives you Sky Sports F1 HD. And keeps the cost at well under the £50 - £60 a month that sky demand for the full Sports package.

For me it's well worth every penny of the £10 pound although I do have the full sports pack anyway so it's a bonus all round for me.

What do you guys think of the 'helmet cam'? For one thing, it demonstrates that RDDev's camera mods for F1 2010 are accurate. ;) I'd like to see more of the 'over the shoulder' view, especially the one that made you feel like you were sitting in the car - they hardly use that these days. I find T-Cam a much more boring camera view. More 'helmet cam' and 'over the shoulder cam' views please, guys!

I think it´s crap. It vibrates way to much and does not really give a good view at all.
FOV is to small as well to really get any sensation from it.

I´d rather see one under the airbox intake just above the driver helmet at the center.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back