• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

Featured Welcome to the Xenon Racer Sub Forum!

Discussion in 'Xenon Racer' started by Marten SOEDESCO, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Marten SOEDESCO

Marten SOEDESCO

Ratings:
    +9
    Xenon Racer.jpg
    Exciting things are coming to a console and PC near you soon! Welcome to the Xenon Racer forum here at RaceDepartment!

Hi everyone!

My name is Marten, Community Manager at SOEDESCO, the publisher of Arcade Racing Game 'Xenon Racer' which is coming to Nintendo Switch, PS4, Xbox One and Steam on March 26th (now available for pre-order). I'm here accompanied by Tommaso from 3DClouds, the developer of the game. We're very happy to be here on the Race Department forums and we'll be ready to answer your questions and give you all the info you need to know on Xenon Racer!

Watch the trailer:

Looking forward to chatting with you all!

-Marten

Xenon Racer will be available on Nintendo Switch, PS4, Xbox One and Steam this March 26th.

Check out the Xenon Racer forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news, discussion and community engagement for this exciting new racing title.

Like what we do at RD? Follow us on Social Media!

Instagram
    Youtube
    Twitch

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2019
    • Like Like x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  2. CC

CC
    Premium

Ratings:
    +7,319
    Kinda reminds me of Split Second Velocity I used to love that game,
    Good luck with the project. :)

3. Koen Verlinde

Koen Verlinde

Ratings:
    +285
    If you ever want to go faster

Redout: Enhanced Edition.

4. CC

CC
    Premium

Ratings:
    +7,319
    Yes I remember that, cool these types of games to blast about in,
    always makes me laugh these Arcade games have better damage and sparks and scrapes and particle systems than the best simulators.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Sfrost

Sfrost
    Premium

Ratings:
    +78
    Any chance it could be cross platform online?

6. VirtuaIceMan

VirtuaIceMan

Ratings:
    +137
    I'll be showing clips from most futuristic racers one day on my YouTube channel (when I've finished with F1 and started rally haha):

Xenon looks to be going head to head with (though slightly different angle) ZEROCAR Future Motorsport, also on Steam.

Rise: Race the Future is also worth a look, but that's more like futuristic Sega Rally.

I'm looking forward to Xenon though.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Mantas Jokubauskas

Mantas Jokubauskas

Ratings:
    +41
    I tried the Beta when it was available to try out - the game was fun for the most part, although handling felt just a little bit sluggish at that time. Might be really fun game.

• Like Like x 1
  8. apex11

apex11
    Banned

Ratings:
    +511
    Oh dear......

Arcade racers are so popular round here normally.....

• Haha Haha x 1
  9. VirtuaIceMan

VirtuaIceMan

Ratings:
    +137
    It's nice to have a break! Besides, things like Sega Rally are arcade, but feel realistic enough to be fun!

10. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT

Ratings:
    +573
    Looks awesome, has that Wipeout Omega vibe. Will be mind blowing in VR, hope it's in plans.

11. apex11

apex11
    Banned

Ratings:
    +511
    I agree, just funny after reading so many threads of people slagging off actual sims as being 'simcade' 'arcade', then suddenly RD gets a pay check from a dev and Arcades are cool....

• Disagree Disagree x 4
  12. Marten SOEDESCO

Marten SOEDESCO

Ratings:
    +9
    Hi! For us that won't be possible, but all platforms will have their own online multiplayer. Who knows what we might add after launch, though!

• Beer Beer x 1
  13. Marten SOEDESCO

Marten SOEDESCO

Ratings:
    +9
    I'm glad you liked it! Although, could you tell me what you mean by sluggish? What would improve it? We'd love to look into it :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Cheesenium

Cheesenium

Ratings:
    +75
    Hopefully it will be good. Good luck with your project.

15. Marten SOEDESCO

Marten SOEDESCO

Ratings:
    +9
    All right! Thanks :). Right now we don't have VR plans, but if demand is high we could always look into it after ;)

16. Elaphe

Elaphe

Ratings:
    +183
    Arcades are cool. What I hate is arcades pretending to be simulators.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Mantas Jokubauskas

Mantas Jokubauskas

Ratings:
    +41
    Thanks for the answer! Now I haven't played much (only a few hours), but when I was playing on a controller (Xbox 1 controller) I thought the car turning was a bit too slow to my liking - normal turning felt okay for the most part, but drift felt a bit underwhelming (hard to actually describe, but I just think drift didn't turn my car fast enough, if that makes some sense). It could be just me, though - with that handling I had a lot of problems in that Tokyo track, especially in the "Sector 1" with a few sharp right turns - I just couldn't turn my car fast enough without losing a lot of speed (or hitting a wall hard), tried both drifting and taking the turn normally - maybe I just needed to balance out the handling more...
    There were a few other things I had in mind (one crash, some other observations and thoughts) which I already sent in the Feedback form.
    Thanks for taking your time :)

18. Marten SOEDESCO

Marten SOEDESCO

Ratings:
    +9
    Ah okay! It's great that you filled in the feedback form, so your feedback was recorded. Different cars have different handling, though. Some of them will drift a bit easier, but in their turn will have slower acceleration etc. You can customize each car to your liking with parts, so it might just've been that you didn't find your preferred car yet ;)

• Like Like x 1
  19. thepharcyde

thepharcyde

Ratings:
    +337
    Welcome to the forums chap, not my sort of game but that's just me. Same goes for anything remotely futuristic I just cannot get excited.
    All the best for your venture, I think if VR/cockpit view was implemented it would add that extra element of immersion, that and the introduction of tracks that resemble a rollercoaster experience would be pretty cool.
    But as a pitch to a diehard SIM racer, in the words of Duncan Banatyne, I'm ooout!

• Like Like x 1
  20. MarkR

MarkR

Ratings:
    +668
    Mildly intrigued as a game to play with the kids, game play looks like Ridge Racer games to me. If it gets decent reviews then we'll probably buy it at launch, if it doesn't pull in solid 7/10 reviews I'll look to pick it up later or see if it is added to Game Pass. Games like Gravel (ok for a play through then trade in) dropped in price pretty quickly and Grip was on Xbox Game Pass before I had chance to buy it.

I just did a quick search on prices and it's a bit strange, it seems to be full price on console £43-45 in shops and yet £35.99 on Xbox Store (which is good for once because we use Gold sharing). No price on Steam as yet.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.