Weekend GSC races?

I was wondering if it would be possible/feasible to organize some weekend GSC races for those of us that are time zone challenged.
I think I asked this once before, I apologize for asking again. It's just that I own every single modern sim, from GTR2 to pCARS, rF1,2, heck, I even have ACTC, Argentinian gMotor2 sim, but when I need a fun and satisfying sim session, I always end up going to GSC. It is just the best sim out there when it comes to the combination of physics, driving, graphics and realism.
It may not be top dog in every category, but taken as a whole it is just the best sim around, period.

I'd love to have the chance to do some racing in GSC, but the only times I can race are the evenings in California (usually a wasteland) or over the weekend.

I would like to see how many people would be in favor of it and would most likely participate, how many would favor it but could not attend most races and how many would be against it.

I would be happy to help organize these races should they become a reality, but I would need at least a co-organizer because I actually belong to group 2: those that would like to race on weekends but couldn't guarantee an 80% plus attendance.

Thank you for your consideration.

So basicaly, you are asking for a sunday/saturday morning/midday (in GMT time) race?

Well, if there are more then just the 2 of you that would like that, speak up :). Then we might talk about it in the Staff....

Currently, there are 7 votes, out of which 4 cant make it most of the time. So thats not enough to make a nice grid obviously.
What kind of car would you be thinking off? I can imagine driving Formula quick, after a saturday of beers, can be a hard thing :p

i would be a maybe for some,as i remember this was tried before and not many turned up , but there looks like there are a few more people with the game now , so maybe its viable , these are my preferences f1 reiza ,f1 classic ,f3 , mini , v8,,

It's always been my dream to be able to volunteer at RD and organize races. But for the past 3 years, my wife has been either looking for a job or studying for her long term career.

Now she has the job, but it will be at least another year before we can count on it to bring decent money. That means that I am still the sole bread winner and I cannot guarantee all my weekends will be available.

But, as I said in my other post, I could guarantee one weekend a month. Maybe even two. Most definitely, I would need a partner and better yet 2 or 3.

If Corrado needs any help with organising events, I'd be happy to do a few things, like putting up event threads and such. I want to get some racing in with GSC, but leagues using it are moving away from something that's doable for me (I'm 12/13 hours ahead of American EST and GMT morning races are my evenings).

The main problem I saw with the American timezone GSC races we did before was not just attendance, but lack of policing. More than once was the occasion when I went online for a race when official practice was to start, only to find that the 3 or 4 people in the server had already advanced the event to the race session. :thumbsdown: If we have an admin in the server we can prevent that from happening. I personally don't have the schedule to set up events week in week out, but I'd do what I can.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back