Week 8: Seriously Not Serious Club

Abdul Al-Amry

2011 RD Indy 500 Winner
That's is based on Abdul's idea from here. I will update the first post with everyone's laptimes. Each round closes on Sunday:) The server is set with 7hours of qualies.

You are allowed to change the setup.

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT SNS
Password: usual club password.

Cars: PTSims Ferrari 550(Click me to download) - James Skinner
Track: SpeedForce Raceway(Click me to download) - Claudio Caferri
Weather: Heavy Rain - Dustin Barton

Basic rules:
  • Whoever is the fastest at the end of the week picks a car to run for the following week
  • Whoever finishes last picks the track for the following week.
  • The same person can't pick the track/car 3 weeks in a row. In the case that occurs, the 2nd line will choose the mod
  • Tracks and mods have to be either game default or located in RD's download section
Standings after round 7

Week7.jpg

Guys I think picking weather isnt a very good option to enjoy the challenges. For next week we shall go for dry weather. I mean Ferrari 550 in Heavy Rain just doesnt match in any track. Whats your opinion on this guys?

• Ariff Roose

The rain was fine IMO, made it a challenge, you had to learn to set up the car and use the throttle in such a way that you can adapt. Dry is fine too though :)

True,true but what about the people who have no money to buy G25?:damnit::damnit::damnit::damnit::damnit:

lol im using a US$50 steering whell that turns 90 degrees and is made of plastic.

so i normally go around on my keyboard.

and sorry but I have to agree with Abdul here.

PS: I can't get a lap in!!! I keep on crashing! LOL

True,true but what about the people who have no money to buy G25?:damnit::damnit::damnit::damnit::damnit:

lol im using a US$50 steering whell that turns 90 degrees and is made of plastic.

so i normally go around on my keyboard.

and sorry but I have to agree with Abdul here.

PS: I can't get a lap in!!! I keep on crashing! LOL

Why does everybody think, that if you want fast laptimes you need a g25?
I found the rain fun, it was really hard but you need to be very gentle on the throttle.

Yeps,don't need any toys to go fast. But it would certainly help :)
No more rain for a while, please. The popularity just keeps dropping because of ridiculous track/car/wheather combos.

It's more like that there is a opinion that there is only one good wheel for PC racing and that's the G25. But there are many more wheels out there and one in particuler that i personally find better and that's is the DFGT.
There is a little tunnelvison on the wheels. If i speak to people who wanted to start Simracing but don't do it because they find the G25 to expensive. And i must convince them that there are more wheels that are really good for less money. :)

Sorry for the offtopic. :)

Supertapping the joypad, that's the way for me :)

I'm not part of G25 religion, any decent wheel will do. I will bet that there's no difference in laptimes wether you got G25, Momo, DFGT or any wheel in that caliber. Prove me wrong and you'll get a price..

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back