rF2 Week 34: Nissan GTR @ Snetterton

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
grab_621-jpg.41025
Welcome to week 34! This week we will be taking on the famous English circuit, Sebring in the Nissan GTR!

Designed and produced specifically to compete in the FIA GT1 World Championship, the GT-R NISMO GT1 is based on the road-going version of the legendary Nissan GT-R and was the only car to have ever been constructed implicitly to the GT1 technical regulations. The GT-R NISMO GT1 is powered by a NISMO race-prepped VK56DE, a naturally aspirated V8 engine that displaces 5,552 cc. It measures 80.3 inches in width, 186.2 inches in length, and has a wheelbase of 109.4 inches.
Snetterton Motor Racing Circuit is a motor racing circuit in Norfolk, England. Owned by Motor Sport Vision, it is situated on the A11 road some 20 km north-east of the town of Thetford and 30 km south-west of the city of Norwich. The circuit is named after the village of Snetterton, which lies about 2 km to the north-west of the circuit, although much of the circuit is actually in the adjoining civil parish of Quidenham.
The circuit hosts races from series including the British Touring Car Championship, British Formula Three Championship and British Superbike Championship. From 1980 to 1994, the track hosted the UK's first 24-hour race, the Willhire 24 Hour. Since 2003 the 2CV 24 Hour Racehas been held at Snetterton on the 200 Circuit.

Schedule
Both servers will be online all week for practicing. The servers are setup with an extended first practice session. Please only use this practice session when racing online for fun, do not vote it round unless being asked to do so.
Week 34 Start Date: Monday August 19, 2013
Week 34 End Date: Sunday August 25, 2013
Race days for official ranked sessions
  • Monday, August 19,
  • Tuesday August 20,
  • Wednesday, August 21,
  • Thursday August 22,
  • Friday August 23,
  • Saturday August 24,
  • Sunday August 25,
Time schedule for official ranked sessions
  • Qualification: 19:30 GMT
  • Race Starts: 19:45 GMT
  • Race Ends: 20:15 GMT
Event Details
Server:
RACEDEPARTMENT.COM #R
Car: Nissan GTR (ISI)
Track: Snetterton
Mod: Here
Weather:
Dry
Road condition: Naturally progressing
Tyre wear : 2x
Mechanical failure : Time scaled
Server will be online for the first time tonight (monday 12th) around dinner time.
Information

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM #R
Password: Click here for the server password
RaceLog: After each session your fastest laptime, result and rank are published inside the RaceLog system. Click here or quickly navigate to the RaceLog section of your choice via the navigation button on the site and forums
Discuss, support, encourage and share!
This event thread will be the central thread for the GT Series discussions this week.
You can ask other drivers to practice or race with you by using the tag function of the forum. Please type an @ directly followed by the user name and this person will receive a notification or just leave a post that you will be participating in the first upcoming race, and of course we very much like to see your race reports :)
Our racing clubs are foremost meant to gain online experience so please help other drivers out when they have questions about the event, the car, the track, the setup or a combination. Remember that first post where somebody else helped you for the first time, helping is nice!
Have a great week and see you on track!

Last edited:
Snetterton is not that loved and I don't really don't understand why?
Yes it's a pretty hard track to go really fast. Not hitting an apex will make you understeer badly, so hitting all apexes is key. Same as a good balance in the car.
But it is a great track to race at, at least that is what I think. :)

If you guys don't want to race here.... which track do you wanna see next?

Yes it's a pretty hard track to go really fast. Not hitting an apex will make you understeer badly, so hitting all apexes is key. Same as a good balance in the car.

I think the track is superb, a real classic track. Sometimes you have just drove a bit under the limit to avoid crashing :D

Wow, is anyone going to race this week? I've had schedule conflicts yesterday and today but I'll be on tomorrow, probably all by myself by the looks of it. There wasn't a single race today in any sim that RaceLog is tracking, and yesterday there was only one and it had 2 people in it.

I know it's probably the worst month of the year for participation but this format clearly isn't working. I wonder if rankings actually decrease participation.

Wow, is anyone going to race this week? I've had schedule conflicts yesterday and today but I'll be on tomorrow, probably all by myself by the looks of it. There wasn't a single race today in any sim that RaceLog is tracking, and yesterday there was only one and it had 2 people in it.

I know it's probably the worst month of the year for participation but this format clearly isn't working. I wonder if rankings actually decrease participation.
I agree with stefan. I am itching to race but on family holiday . The new system is great and come September people will race more as holidays end. Mis Ohio showed that race log has brought lots of new faces to Rfactor two rd multiplayer

Ive been in the Formula Renault 3.5 BTW but dropped in here to see what was happening.
I really took a lot of laps to like this track.
Hard to learn, reminded me a little of Sebring in that it is quite flat and very few good landmarks.
But having spent a few hours today on the project I got to a point where I was able to work on setup.
It became really satisfying. I'm sure a couple of aliens will drop by and smoke my laps but from floundering around @1:54 to setting steady 1:44 to finally getting 1:38.3 felt a good days work had been done. And now I know Snetterton. If it wasn't for this club race series I would never have done it. So Thanks

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back