Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM CLUB
Track: Curitiba
Practice: 19:00 GMT (30 minutes)
Qualification: 19:30 GMT (10 minutes)
Warm-up: No Warm up
Race: 19:40 (2x25 minutes)
Password: click here

Signup List
To signup simply press the button below and chat away in the thread below :)
[signuplist]262[/signuplist]

I didn't practice at all for this race and because of that i struggled the entire time to maintain a good pace. From the beginning i was in last place and soon the tires on the mclaren started to loose grip so i had to drive slower to avoid missing corners.

My spin cost me even more time but i wanted to finish so i kept going. Again the tires quickly lost grip and had to be careful for the last few minutes. In the end i went up one place probably because of some incident in front of me. It was a nice grid at the start it's a shame only half finished. :(

formulatruck_zps40cbe491.jpg

The Formula Truck server will be Open to the public all week for practicing. The server is setup with an extended first practice session. Please only use this practice session when racing online for fun, do not vote it round unless being asked to do so. On Friday it will be locked before race time

Race days for official sessions Friday 14th (21:00 GMT)

Time schedule for night sessions

• Practice 30 mins (21:00 GMT)
  • Qually length 15 mins (21:30 GMT)
  • Warm up length 5 mins
  • Race length 20 mins
  • And a 5 min break before race 2

Information
Track:
Crodoba

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM
Password:
Click here for the server password

Discuss, support, encourage and share!
This event thread will be the central thread for the Truck Series discussions this week.

You can ask other drivers to practice or race with you by using the tag function of the forum. Please type an @ directly followed by the user name and this person will receive a notification:)

Our racing clubs are foremost meant to gain online experience so please help other drivers out when they have questions about the event, the car, the track, the setup or a combination.

Entry List for Friday
Leave a comment in the thread below if you wish to be signed up. Signing up means we expect you to be present of course.
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver

I think quite the otherwise, to be honest.
Since Blancpain was released to rFactor, the tyre model is a question mark. Some hate.
I have to say I love.
I love that you cant abuse them, trash the car around, because you will pay a price.
It can be exagerated at times, but I rather more realistic than unrealistic.
My tyres only overheat if I spin and then spin again to rejoin the track burning the tires like a maniac...expecting the car to be the same after that...lol

Seeing videos from the real life Blancpain Series, I see the drivers driving extremely carefully, taking care of the machine, not sliding too much.
The version to rFactor and this one bring this feeling to me.

In fact it reseted my like to GT cars, since I was doing only open wheelers.
But this Blancpain really catched me, including the tyre model.

Angelo agree with you, the more realistic the better. I'm on the side that does not like much, but by no means give up, as this race battle to stay on track and finish was a personal victory, but I can not say it was fun. And since I am not a professional pilot, my biggest goal is to have fun, if it does not, the chances of abandoning increase.

In Stock Real Car (Brazil), we have testimonies of several pilots that demonstrate the performance of the car and tires very similar from real vs. virtual.
Do you know of any information which proves the same theory in the Blancpain? Mainly tire?

No Wedsley...its only a impression that I have.
I know that since the very beggining the BES Mod for rFactor was made looking very closely the FIA GT3 Technical regulations.
The authors of the Mod improved that even further for the version 1.2 of the Mod, made to rFactor, which I race in a League and enjoy a lot.
Unfortunately the conversion to GSC wasnt the most updated version of the Mod. It was the 1.0 version.

Still to me it makes sense the tyre model. When you make a huge spin in a real race, your tires are flat, you have to pit and change it, otherwise the car is not the same, it looses grip, it vibrates.
And watching F1, you see how the tires loose grip if the drivers abuse them, pushing too hard and sliding too much. The cars just loose grip and pace and the situation sink like a stone the more you abuse.
That is pretty much the way the tires in the BES Mod works, more or less.

As I said, it can be exagerated at times, specially with the Temps. But if you drive properly, you can manage that.

Is not like some others Mods, that you can do 4x360 spins burning your tires, get back to the track and do you personal best time next time around....:p:laugh:

In the game's home screen on the left side there are certain categories: 'test day', 'sound', 'options', 'video', etc... Click on 'video' and on the right of the screen you'll see the options available. One of them is FOV. Set it to the default or whatever value you like. I suppose the default value would be the one you were using before the update.

In the game's home screen on the left side there are certain categories: 'test day', 'sound', 'options', 'video', etc... Click on 'video' and on the right of the screen you'll see the options available. One of them is FOV. Set it to the default or whatever value you like. I suppose the default value would be the one you were using before the update.

Oh my god, was it that simple. I will test when I get home tonight. Thanks again for helping a NOOOOOOOB. :redface:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%