Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM CLUB
Track: Curitiba
Practice: 19:00 GMT (30 minutes)
Qualification: 19:30 GMT (10 minutes)
Warm-up: No Warm up
Race: 19:40 (2x25 minutes)
Password: click here

Signup List
To signup simply press the button below and chat away in the thread below :)
[signuplist]262[/signuplist]

What happened with the DQs? Is that random, or preventable in the future? Did the server say why some people were disqualified?
I wouldn't have said no to restart the race, but I thought the race was still on… I haven't seen something like this yet, so I was a bit confused. We should have some sort of procedure if something like this happens again. Maybe proposing a vote to restart the race?
It's a shame, really, because the race was great fun. I had some really close and fair battles with a number of people. Really looking forward to the next endurance race.

I thoroughly enjoyed the race, 80mins went so quick, had a great battle with Sven, he had straight line speed, I had corner speed, was bumper to bumper and very clean :thumbsup:
But what happened Sven, you pitted then logged out??

Anyway great race, congrats to podiums.

As for the DQ's I think the race should have been restarted, it happened to me the other week, its the most frustrating thing ever!!:mad:

Roll on next week :thumbsup:

It was a nice race, and for some reason I found myself in very good shape on this track. Pole and Win, keeping at bay Davy who had a very strong pace. It was fun.
Shame about the DQs. Looks like a track related problem. And although I was the first one to call for a restart, when I saw the guys getting DQs...Im pretty sure that the same thing would happen if a restart had happened.
I just think we should at least try...
Those convertions from rFactor are proving to be really problematic. I think we should choose carefully which files to use, because I know how frustrating it is spend your time getting ready for a race, and not even start because a problem like this.

The DQs also happened in rFactor (discussion) so I'm not sure if the reason is converted tracks. Maybe the people that got DQ'ed did something different from the rest? Maybe changed some garage settings in the warm up and the server didn't like that? Or they came off track in their qualifying lap?

edit: Angelo, it looks like you may be onto something after all. Here is a discussion where the problem seems to be track related…

The DQs also happened in rFactor (discussion) so I'm not sure if the reason is converted tracks. Maybe the people that got DQ'ed did something different from the rest? Maybe changed some garage settings in the warm up and the server didn't like that? Or they came off track in their qualifying lap?

edit: Angelo, it looks like you may be onto something after all. Here is a discussion where the problem seems to be track related…
This explains why the track would always show a yellow flag when driving on the front straight.

We should also try looking for a solution to this mod's tire model. I dont know of any tire that heats up to 500 degrees during a spin.

I think quite the otherwise, to be honest.
Since Blancpain was released to rFactor, the tyre model is a question mark. Some hate.
I have to say I love.
I love that you cant abuse them, trash the car around, because you will pay a price.
It can be exagerated at times, but I rather more realistic than unrealistic.
My tyres only overheat if I spin and then spin again to rejoin the track burning the tires like a maniac...expecting the car to be the same after that...lol

Seeing videos from the real life Blancpain Series, I see the drivers driving extremely carefully, taking care of the machine, not sliding too much.
The version to rFactor and this one bring this feeling to me.

In fact it reseted my like to GT cars, since I was doing only open wheelers.
But this Blancpain really catched me, including the tyre model.

So, sorry to hear about the DQ issue. I did test the track before I chose it, obviously, but I didn't come across this issue. We didn't see this issue in the other events here this week (I think one person got a DQ but that's not enough to set alarms off). To be honest it's not one I thought might even exist until it actually happened, that some people in some garages could be DQd after quali. Now I know. Apologies for those inconvenienced and I'll do more testing for tracks in the future.

Last edited:
I thoroughly enjoyed the race, 80mins went so quick, had a great battle with Sven, he had straight line speed, I had corner speed, was bumper to bumper and very clean :thumbsup:
But what happened Sven, you pitted then logged out??

Anyway great race, congrats to podiums.

As for the DQ's I think the race should have been restarted, it happened to me the other week, its the most frustrating thing ever!!:mad:

Roll on next week :thumbsup:

Yes, We had a very nice battle but why I disconnected was that I have issues with the update so I could not see anything in my mirrors. Didn´t want to destroy for others because of that I could not see where you were in my mirrors.

I discovered very late yesterday that I did not update so I updated though GSC sync and it took so loooong time so the download was finished rather late so I did not have the time to check everything. I was just happy that I could get in on the server. I use to drive with the view TVCockpit and in this view I can see the enginehood but not now after update. So I used Cockpit view but in there I could not see anything in them and I could not adjust them either. If I used my button for rear view I was not able to see anything in that either.
I don´t know about you guys but did you also get the feeling that speed-feeling was a little odd compared to before update. Btw, I was driving the Audi.
Any one know what to check so I can use the TVCockpit view and how to fix the rear mirror views.

I know how frustrating it is spend your time getting ready for a race, and not even start because a problem like this.

You said it.

First time I experienced this bug.I didn´t change anything while the warmup. I hope next time we try a restart. It just takes a couple of minutes -or less-.
It was a shame because Zolder is a track I like.

About the tire model. If I'm right, this BES tire model is closer to Blancpain, isn't it?
On Lime Rock I felt too much grip compared to Zolder.

Here it is my race from yesterday.
Had a slightly bad start, lost a position by that. Then slowly get in to my race pace.
Right before my pit window i managed to get behind first place driver Angelo. Went for the pit and saw someone in my pit box. Lost a lot of time during the waiting. I came out the pits just before Jan. From then on its was trying to gain the lost time towards first place. Finished 2nd i'm happy with that. Good racing all. I feel with the DQ guys.
Watch all the action now!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 35 14.3%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 29 11.8%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 33 13.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 31 12.7%
  • Friday

Votes: 83 33.9%
  • Saturday

Votes: 141 57.6%