AC Weds Night BOP testing

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

JamKart22

Staff
Premium
This thread is for discussion about suitable cars and BOP settings for Weds night club races.

Han is in the process of setting up a test server with cars and I will try and tune the performance with BOP (Ballast and/or Engine Restrictor).

I'll record lap time vs BOP on a spreadsheet in this directory so we can see how they compare.

This is what we have so far with the MX5/Abarth/Alfa 4C and no BOP

If you have candidate cars you'd like adding to the server then post them here.

Last edited:
Event set up. With the Deutschlandring as that was the track I used before when I came up with the Abart and the Mazda's. Server 2. The Ginetta has now zero BOP.

I'm on holiday next week but we can use that period to get some lap time data. If anyone has chance then a few laps in each car would be useful. Thanks.

I will try and get on and set a few lap times later. also that simresults times are wrong, the mazda is showing the 4c lap time.
Practice 1 in simresults data is for this data set - which looks a bit odd because it says you and Allan did two drivers swaps! I don't even know what that means in a practice session but it's obviously confused simresults

I took out some kunos cars, just for fun to see how they go. Audi sport quattro step 1, Ferrari GTO and Corvette C7 are quite close so far. Times are between 2.07-2.10ish

EDIT: Oops, I tested those @ Watkins Glenn.... :)

Last edited:
Screenshot 2023-11-12 211748.jpg

Sector times and top speed are also interesting. The Alfa needs a bit of engine limiting to get it's top speed down!

Have you guys been adjusting setup or is it default?

I also adjusted setup's. i would have ran more but something came up and i had to stop.

Allan is good at getting up to speed in the cars so his times are the one to look at.

you can see the Abarth and mazda times on server 1.

I played around with the G40 GT5 at Watkins Glen. With a BOP of +272kg it is quite equal with the MX5 Cup.
Edit: It's a bit tricky to compare. The gearbox of the G40 is much better than th MX5 Cup with its long 5th and overlong 6th gear.

Edit2: In theory, the PW-ratios don't match (weight taken from the car-data, not UI). But I think the better gearbox and maybe better brakes make the heavier G40 GT5 BOP equal.

MX5 Cup
983 kg, 160 hp, 6.14 kg/hp

G40 GT5 BOP (+272 kg)
1152 kg, 165 hp, 6.98 kg/hp

Last edited:
I played around with the G40 GT5 at Watkins Glen. With a BOP of +272kg it is quite equal with the MX5 Cup.
Edit: It's a bit tricky to compare. The gearbox of the G40 is much better than th MX5 Cup with its long 5th and overlong 6th gear.

Edit2: In theory, the PW-ratios don't match (weight taken from the car-data, not UI). But I think the better gearbox and maybe better brakes make the heavier G40 GT5 BOP equal.

MX5 Cup
983 kg, 160 hp, 6.14 kg/hp

G40 GT5 BOP (+272 kg)
1152 kg, 165 hp, 6.98 kg/hp
If you have time, can you all use the restrictor instead of the ballast? More weigth influences the behavior of the car in corners. Restrictor should lead to decrease accelleration and top speed. For BOP I would rather use that.

the ginetta is already slow on the straights, personally i think the ballast would be the way to go. 272kg seems a bit excessive though, maybe start at 150kg and see how it compares at other tracks. then try a bit of restrictor if more bop is required.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.