RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Now I remember why I have avoided these GTRE events at RD. What an incentive to get out of bed at 3AM to join you guys.
Endless bickering before the race about cutting.
Got punted from behind half way round the first lap, and the offender not bothering to wait. From the resulting spin, many cars behind could not avoid me, resulting in more crashes.
Then saw some ridiculous driving in front of me, one driver seemingly weaving intentionally and forcing another driver into a wall in front, then weaving back across track to hit another following car.
Finally, next lap I hit another car almost stationary on the race line through a corner, sorry Adrian about hitting you but I veered into the sand to miss you but couldn't avoid you totally. Sorry to those behind for then becoming a pin ball.

Finally quit this one before it got any worse (and I NEVER quit races intentionally). :at-wits-end:

yes abdul we do!

I'll post something at the edmonton event thread and see if that kicks it up at all. YOu and I both know everyone we know is hammering laps for Friday's event. Me presonally, I like to race so this event is a nice break!

I think lag may have been an issue it was at the start of both races on mine, never really had a problem before only with an early F1 beta, I want to say sorry to Jack Bauer (dont hunt me down and take me out Jack :laugh2:) for tagging him going into turn 1 in race 2 sorry mate my fault I braked to late, enjoyed the races though, thanks Yves for setting it up.

I had an okay first race, very tough but a lot of fun. I could'nt get the balance on the car correct but anyway finished P8. Yves sorry for runnig you wide in to T1, but I out braked myself trying to make the overtake. :)

Race 2 started P2 and had a really nice start. coming out of T1 my FFB stopped working.. and after that the whole steering felt wrong. I tried to carry but lost a few places. Coming out of the fast left, right the Alfa and Seat ahead of me were extremely slow and as I took avaisive action I lost control of the car...LOL
I just could not drive like that. Pretty upset about the FFB as I know it would have been another great race.

thanks Yves and RD, see you guys next week.
:)

Had some good fights out there and a lot of clean racing. Sorry about getting together with you in the first race Yves. I saw you lost your front end.

Race two was lots of fun. Unfortunately after fighting my way to second the game froze in the last sector of the last lap.

Thanks Yves and RD for this event.:good:

, I want to say sorry to Jack Bauer (dont hunt me down and take me out Jack :laugh2:) for tagging him going into turn 1 in race 2 sorry mate my fault I braked to late, enjoyed the races though, thanks Yves for setting it up.

No worries Martin... this time :)
As for the race, my first race on RD, and all and all an enjoyable experience. The whole "cut" issue was a bit of a boggle, but what can you do. For the most part some very clean racing, with the exeption of a few that were perhaps a bit to aggresive for their positions. Thank you Yves for making my first RD race a memorable one. Overall, can't complain with a 9th/10th on my first go...my goal was just to finish em both. :)

woke up shattered this morning and got worse and worse :p learnt a lesson dont race when tired. race 1 slipped on clutch before lights went out and got a stop n go straight away then 2 laps in fuel warning flashed up(forgot to load race setup :( ) by this point i felt like headbutting the wall :D then got stop and go for speeding in pits while fueling even though i had rev limiter on :S. oh well. Race 2 picked up a few places then stacked it lap 3 i think too busy looking behind and outbraked myself. shoulda pulled out when i got home this evening. whatched the replays and thankfully didnt mess anyones race up.

thanks to yves for setting race up

Roll on monday cats.

Lots of new faces at the track today, I take it the track has high approval ratings.

I was quite comfortable in the alfa and though I wan't fast[that's not new] I was very comfy with it. Qualified as good as I thought.

R1 Moved up one spot in L1, wicked off at the fast chicane on L2, back to P13 then nudged off by Nick and back on in P16, exciting lap there! Nick and I fought during L5 and after suffering thru four of his lags, I got by! L9 had me catching up with Neil, got by but cut a corner in the fast chicane so I slowed to let him back at the end of the straight. Ran out of fuel! Except for my big OFF and trying to ctually run on fumes, it was a good race.

R2 Good start, I blow the braking bigtime at the end of the back straight, P23. L3 and cruising with Martin, I take out Kennett in the fast chicane as he's stuck in the middle of the track. So sorry, couldn't avoid. Puncture took me out.

Love the track all the preparation, and online stuff was fun.
Thanks Yves ,Thanks RD!

I thought the clutch in my Alfa was going bad during the first race, anyone blown a clutch on one of those?

OK, I just checked the replay of my qualifying lap. I cut the second corner of the fast chicane! Yves, please disallow me from the results!

• Chris Gallop

Been struggling with braking while setting up car over past couple of days. Seems I put too much effort in and strained my tendence in my wrist for my index finger (braking finger), so that was a major issue.

Quali hence went badly, 2 seconds off what I should have been doing.

Into race 1 and got taken out approaching T1, puntchure, suspension and aero damage.
Got fixed, but was shortly being lapped so pulled out.

Race 2 had few incidience, just constantly slow.

Hope wrist is better for the mini race later.

Thnx to Yves and RD for the race.

Epic races.

Race 1: Started 11th and got some good fights with Yuri, Yves and Mark.
Was racing in the last lap 8th and Mark was making some little mistakes but didn't try to pass him. But then Yuri and Yves i think had a little touch so that putted me to 6th place.

Race 2:

Started 3th had a good start and defended the inside line and also took one place. Lost one when i got a little tap in the second corner. After that some real epic racing with Tyler, Rob, Yves and especially Yuri lots of great battles with all of you guys right on the limit, made my Honda sometimes a little bigger then it was.:D. Had one little problem the Honda was really lacking some topspeed. Was running 1 Wing but all the cars except for the Honda where really pulling away from me. The last 3 laps i cooled a bit down because i had a little gap and my tyres where terrible after the heavy fighting. Ended up 4th.

Thanks for racing guys. :good:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back