RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Very good event Yves..... :)

Qual: 3rd. The whole cutting issue was very hard to police. Many cutting while Yves was away from track but all in all was a very good qual and very respectable :)

Race 1: Started 3rd, start not as good as I would of liked, took it easy into T1 kept my position behind Yves who I was all over for 7 laps but could not find a way past so I thought OK I'll just stay here in the hope he cracks under the pressure, Then the moment came on the exit of lap 7 Yves dropped it and I was able to take him on the straight P2. Pushed for a while to reel Hamilton in but he could match whatever I was doing so thought maybe it's time to settle for 2nd, But I could see Hamilton was slowing so I thought OK I push again lol, but he managed to match my pace to the end. WD mate ;)

Race 2: Started P7 due to reverse grid order..
Lost a position to (Tyler) Then had my good friend Mr (Bauer) closing me down, I then see a opening on (Mark Guy) but he managed to shut the door “very clean” @ the same time (Hamilton) seemed to have backed off went wide?, Then on the exit of Waite (Guy) an myself was carrying a very fast pace but (guy) found himself boxed in as we came up on the back of a charging pack and then poor (Guy) had to to back out and suddenly he lost it, I managed to carry the speed down the back straight where I took (Tyler) under braking and also holding off (Hamilton) who came out of nowhere?. I was now in P5 behind (Yuri Braham) going into lap 2...
Lost a position to (Hamilton) end of lap 3 squeezed me out wide “very fair” that gave (Tyler a run out me but he tapped (Hamilton) and I was able to hold my line into the corner. Then I slowly made my way up the field to P4 Poor (Tyler) dropped connection on the last 2nd from last corner and I managed to bring it home in 3rd :)

All in all a very good event and everyone around me who I have named and many I have not drove respectable and weather them or I wanted a position we had to race for it and it was very fair!

Qual: 3rd
Race1: 2nd
Race2: 3rd
:)

Thanks once again to Yves & RD for a good event! :)

Been having a mare of a day with this pc having serious gfx phsycodelic colours and locking up then the "display driver failed" message,gone back to slightly older drivers and still getting problems in ArmA,will join and see if Evo is affected as well now.

hope you lot had a good race, god only knows what happened to me. I went to grid in first race and appeared inside someone and the lights and race starting message never disappeared? I tried to rejoin but you'd gone back to the race already so i missed out after a couple of hours practice (nevermind, i need it anyway :) )

Thanks Yves

Qual: p5

Race1: as above started 5th, not the best of starts, but was doing okish thanks to a tangle up front, Spent 90% of the race locked in a battle with (Yves)“seems like deja vu as I spent the last race a few hours back doing the samthing lol, it was clear he was under pace with a problem but then I started going wide a lot, grip was not on my side, bad set-up. So this gave (Marcel) the chance to put me under pressure and he did that as we was in a very tight battle to the line with me going wide on the last turn for him to go under and take the 3rd, “wd buddy”

Race 2: Got of the line very well and took a position into paddock hill.. @ this point the pack was very tight , on the way upto Hawnthone bend I was 2 a breast with somone, not sure who sorry but we was having it ,lol, I held the line but on the exit droped it! “Sorry if I took you with me I cracked under pressure :(

Qual: p5
Race1: p4
Race2: DNF

Thanks to all that took part & once again thanks to Yves & RD :)
Hunt the shunt signing off for some much needed sleep.

Had to drop some visual settings after getting messed up gfx in practice and that seemed to do the job letting me complete both races,a restart situation jumbled the grid up nicely when we voted it back round so instant busy action for me both races.
Thanks all for good clean fun :good:.
Thank You Yves & RD :good:.

• Chris Gallop

Race 1 I ended up pole due to jumbled grid, lots of pressure with far better drivers behind me and no practice with fuel on board.
Found the mini doesn't like having race fuel and the rear slides ALOT.
Slid off @ turn... 5 I think it was with two others following, then Eric plowed into all of us as he slid at the same spot.
This put me on my roof, yet he decided to make sure I was dead and hit me again while re-joining the track :D (very amusing replay for those with it).

Race 2.
Back on pole again, but with the knowledge the back's heavy.
Didn't help at all as I was still outclassed.
Half way through the race was 11.5 seconds behind 7th (I think) and 11.5 seconds ahead of Yves in 9th. Fell asleep. Kept sliding out onto grass and gravel, but JUST managed to stay concious enough to finish ahead of Yves.
Thnx to Yves & RD for organising and the other racers for the race.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes