rF2 Wednesday August 26th 2009 - Le Mans Series @ Sebring 150

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
first off sorry to Vrba at the start I outbraked myself, thankfully you saved the car...then on same lap sry to bram for hitting you....

after that it was spending the time trying to catch the field...decided to run without changing tyres and at the end managed P2 waiting for ryan but he never came :(

it was nice event but too bad the turnout was low.

yep, missed the start by a few minutes, but my teammate was running the car so no big deal. I came back on the server an hour later to see if there was a need to swap out, but the car had retired. Oh well, thats racing :)

Amir: you were a bit too ambitious in that first corner :) ... don't worry about it though, nothing happened... didn't even have any damage :)

eagerly awaiting results now... hope Bennie does a good job and brings home at least podium :)

well that was a big shame... people signed up once again and didnt show up.. getting sick of wasting my time already practicing all these hours for 1 other person to show up in our category and be way off the pace looking like they did no laps at all..

me and tom put alot of effort into this so i hope that this was just due to it being a practice event it was a low turn out, as i personaly love racing here.. endurance is new to me and i love it.. so people if you sign up turn up.. if you dont turn up dont bother signing up.. it just wastes other peoples evenings.

Looking forward to tommorow night.

Not all the events will be full unfortunately, just the way it is in club events, not many spend hours training for these events like you just have lee to try and be the fastest as winning is not important in club events. People race here for fun and that's what it's about having fun and people trying to improve their skills while having as much fun racing as possible.

yep, missed the start by a few minutes, but my teammate was running the car so no big deal. I came back on the server an hour later to see if there was a need to swap out, but the car had retired. Oh well, thats racing :)

Well you could have let me know that you were going to drive just before the race. I didn't know if you were coming or not. I just drove to pits after my first pitstop cuz I thought you were not going to show up. Anyways, lets communicate better for the next one. :)

I'm glad i got the finer points of driver swap sorted out,somewhat of an expert at it now i am :D.
A series of disasters meant i was never at the races tonight unfortunately,or you can best believe i will give you a run for your money Lee ;).
First swap failed so Nigel went round again but unbeknowst to me this had cancelled out me changing down the steering ratio so i had a complete nightmare super-twitchy undrivable and ofcourse well bent up car :p.
Bram joined up with me later which let me experiment with assigning my setup and tweaking down the all important ratio setting to what my wheel requires and it worked,so thats my driver swap schooling done with,not as complicated as i thought it was going to be at all,especially teams with all proper wheels that work on the same steering ratio setting,one thing im not sure about is if my setup got loaded by clicking "assign" in the setups section?,or to have my own setup it has to be named in a line in my .PLR somewhere innit? :noidea:.

Thank You Bram and RD for the opportunity to try this very neat feature out :good:

I have really missed these longer races with driver swap since the 10h Fuji event :)
Even though we was the only LMP1 it was huge fun :D
It's good practice trying to keep the concentration for such a long time!

Give me MORE! :desire:
Thx for the event!
Nice teamwork Mark, thx!

Had big fun tonight. Was a little bit affraid Youri didnt make it on time back from work, but eventually he was right on time for the first swap.

We didnt run for victory as we were driving in ECO-mode and gained a lot of valuable data for the league.

This swapping thing was always a no go because of all the creepy stories. How wrong!! Its easy and so freakin' fun to share the car, the setup, the damage with your team mate and 45 minutes later you get the car back again.

Loved it! Also big fun to steal a BVM car in the final stint :D

Regards,
Grand Theft Brammo

Well it was another fun race much better than yesterday,Vrba handed the car to me in second place good run Martin only I let us down could only salvage 4th spun once all by myself and got spun once by a gt not his fault at all as I slipped on throttle and let up to catch it so no problem at all,had a good time thanks everyone.

Endurance is THE way to race. Loved it, loved it, loved it. There isn't much in sim-racing that is more satisfying than handing the car over to your team mate and saying 'there you go... just bring her back in one piece :D.'

Shame that we were the only P1, but that category leading P2 sure gave us something to think about for the first couple of stints :D.

Can't wait for the RDLMS series to kick off. I am sure more people will turn up for the official events and am not too concerned at the low turn out for tonight - as I think some may have been scared off by the need to sign up in pairs for swapping.

Thanks RD - great event!

A great race for Ric and me. For us it was the satisfaction of being able to see our plan through just how we wanted and the pleasant suprise of just how well that payed us back.

We opted to reduce the driver changes with Ric doin stint 1&2, I jumped in for 3&4 and Ric back in for final sprint. We did try double stinting the tyres too but after at my mid stint pitstop i made an error and changed after just 1 stint and we found that worked better. We also had one more stop to do than planned at the end resulting in 5.5 stints as opposed ot the 4.5 we were expecting. Driver change wise, we had already got the expeirence of Silverstone behind us and that further helped us run the race in a well drilled way. Also having your 'off duty' driver working the time sheets and radioing back with data is a big help.

On track the battle raged in P2 with all the cars challanging at various points. We wern't individually the fastest drivers on the track but we did have the fastest combined speed which was a help. Ric certainly had the pace to mix it at the front and i backed this up with a particularly reliable drive for me. (2 stints no spins :) )

Early on we had battled for 2nd in class, but as the race reached half distance we found ourselves working steadily up the order. We took 1st in class just as one of the penske's pitted for damage repair and then it was a case of checking the time sheets to see what the others were doing. A late push by Ric ensured that we were protected in case bram and youri managed 1 less pit stop than us, but when they had to make a late splash that allowed us to move to a full lap ahead.

2nd overall, 1st in class ... job done! :D

Ah cool so you felt hte pressure of our little ECO - Mazda coming up the tail of your beautiful red car?

I was almost empty on fuel at that point but decided to try and play a mindgame with you guys by acting like we had incredible pace and i was pushing max with the boost mapped to level 4 hoping you guys would make a mistake and spin on cold tyres, so we could make our long awaited pitstop and make up some time.

Too bad that the only car (almost) spinning was me and i had to hand my baby (thanks Mark for the great quote in post #94) over to Mr Gijsen with hardly a drop of fuel left one lap later :)

Fully agree with the statement that this is the sim racing series with the highest grade of satisfaction and teamwork.

Not all the events will be full unfortunately, just the way it is in club events, not many spend hours training for these events like you just have lee to try and be the fastest as winning is not important in club events. People race here for fun and that's what it's about having fun and people trying to improve their skills while having as much fun racing as possible.

Fair play but you still expect people to make an effort to at least turn up ! racing with 8 cars is not so good

i still enjoyed it massivley.. decided to retire after a while as was pretty lonley on our own and we had won the class no problem.

I look forward to your challenge garry lol...

Cheers guys, enjoyed it again.

Not really a challenge Lee,although im glad the thought of that cheered you up :p,it was more my way of saying that without a previously banged up car that an insurance company would label "Write Off",and my own steering ratio settings i always try and often succeed in giving people a decent race in this mod...a favourable tailwind helps as well.

final report: qualifying went well, got pole in p2, 2nd overall, only 9 tenths behind Mark's p1 car... at the start, Amir outbraked himself and tapped me, fortunately i saved the car and didn't suffer any damage... from then on, i had 2 good stints, steadily building lead in p2... pace was good, i could even keep up with Mark and Mikael with their p1...

i handed over the car to Bennie after half of the race, leading p2 about 15 seconds ahead of Ric and Daniel... he drove a good race, only made a small mistake and finished 4th overall and 3rd in p2... gj

next time, we should work out the strategy better, because in our case the switch was basically another pit stop and cost us valuable time...

overall a good event, shame about the low turn ups and a good test for upcoming league... thanks Bram and RD, see you next time :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back