Webber: I'm Considering My Future

We can win with fashion playing racing games but they are sitting there figting with enormous G-forces in temperatures above 40, and life threat most of the time. He didn't broke sport regulations. This is gladiators arena and only one can be a winner.
Perhaps this example might help...

Imagine two boxers in a ring, the bell goes to end the round and one boxer continues punching and knocks the other boxer out...

The agreement here is that when the bell goes, you both stop punching. Don't try to sneak a few in after the bell (and still get the win).

The race isn't over until the chequered flag drops.

Had Webber won he'd have won 4/5ths of a race, but not a full one. That is pretty hollow in my view.

Dave

So I'm assuming that every driver including Vettel that only wins 4/5th of a race (or so) has a hollow victory?

Many of Vettels and indeed Alonso's wins (or points) have been due to team orders or manipulation.

Vettel should be kicked out for ignoring team orders, he drives and gets payed by Red Bull Racing, not Vettel Racing and Webber should get a kick up the backside for what he was saying on the podium...
I hear your point but I think Red Bull will probably be getting paid for having Vettel on their team too.

They (RBR) created a monster if you ask me and it seems as though they are about to lose control of this monster.
these are supposed to be professionals... Anybody else finding the podium interviews laughable,

I think it's another way of trying to engage the audience giving (us) more value for money.

I find it rather ironical that earlier in the race, Vettel thought it ok to ask for the team orders to help him out:
"he's too slow, get him out of the way"

Since Vettel is supposed to be the far superior driver, why didn't he just go and pass Webber at that point? And chew up his tyres in the process. :rolleyes: ;)

There's also a nice t-shirt available
Multi21.V1.jpg

http://www.retroformula1.com/shop/Multi21/Shop_Multi21.html

But, like I posted in another thread:
Webber tried the exact same in Silverstone 2011. He tried to overtake Vettel:

Their replies Source:
Webber:
He had to settle for third place in the end, but was unimpressed with Red Bull’s team orders: “The team radioed me about four times, asking that I maintain the gap to Seb.
“But I wasn’t happy with that because you should never give up in F1, so I continued to push. If Fernando had retired on the last lap, we would have been battling for the lead.
“The team was worried about Seb and me crashing because it wanted the points for the constructors’ championship. I understand that, but I wanted points for the championship too and we proved that we can race without making contact.”

Vettel:
Vettel brushed off the incident, saying in the press conference afterwards: “I tried to stay ahead. Obviously, we were racing each other. I don’t think there’s anything wrong with that.
“Sure, from a team point of view, if you have the cars quite isolated in second and third, the first car is away, the fourth car is pretty far away as well, so from the team’s point of view, there’s no point in racing and trying to do something stupid because the points for the team are the same, the difference between second and third is not massive, but naturally we try to race.
“What can I say? I was trying to defend my position which I did. I was struggling, Mark was faster. And then there was the chequered flag.”

So, why exactly is Webber crying?!

Perhaps this example might help...

Imagine two boxers in a ring, the bell goes to end the round and one boxer continues punching and knocks the other boxer out...

The agreement here is that when the bell goes, you both stop punching. Don't try to sneak a few in after the bell (and still get the win).
He didn't broke any sport regulations. Wrong example, I would say he did not agree with his trainer about the tactics in a round so did it his way. Webber was aware of Vettel he was just frustrated with his strategy in the race. Vettel calculated everything when they didn't let him go when he ask them. I suggest watch that race again. Sooner or later U will find it out what really happened.

Someone earlier said that Webber doesn't have a hope in winning races, if Seb had obeyed the team orders which he has admitted he was wrong in ignoring them then Webber would be leading the championship at this point in the series and would be 1 win up on Sebastian. I point this out to the guy that said Vettel did the sensible thing. I can't believe you would believe that because even Vettel admits it wasn't the sensible thing to do, so you must be saying Vettel is wrong. Oh who really cares though, its not as if its our championship or team. They'll sort it out, Webber is wise enough to be man enough and Seb will learn from his older and wiser team mate that being a dick isn't always the right thing.

There's also a nice t-shirt available
Multi21.V1.jpg

http://www.retroformula1.com/shop/Multi21/Shop_Multi21.html

But, like I posted in another thread:
Webber tried the exact same in Silverstone 2011. He tried to overtake Vettel:

Their replies Source:
Webber:

Vettel:

So, why exactly is Webber crying?!
Cos back them team orders weren't allowed. It was two years ago and Mark was probably reprimanded over it. It doesn't make it right, plus in the end he had to back out of it and let him win. This didn't happen so thats why he is crying.

2010 was the last season when team orders were forbidden in the rules. It was the Massa-Alonso incident in Hockenheim 2010 which sparked the rule change. After Silverstone 2011 race Webber said "I ignored the team and I was battling to the end".

2010 was the last season when team orders were forbidden in the rules. It was the Massa-Alonso incident in Hockenheim 2010 which sparked the rule change. After Silverstone 2011 race Webber said "I ignored the team and I was battling to the end".
He ignored the GAP, but he still honor the request of not passing Vettel which was the whole point. Plus he at least made it look like there were no orders. +1 to him.

oh and now we got Granpa Helmut Marko saying they both shook hands. riiiiiight, Vettel knew what he was doing when he passed him and for him to say "sorry, didn't know what I was doing, webber deserved the win" after the race is the most pathetic lie I have ever heard from anybody my entire life.

Webber will be leaving, he should go to Ferrari, he would love to drive a Rory Byrne designed car next year, beats the unrealiable Newey.

as Webber said "He will always be protected" there you go. Everyone at Red Bull protected him and Horner, even Ecclestone, yet there is no word from golden boy himself. Just goes to show who has the balls in this sport.

He ignored the GAP, but he still honor the request of not passing Vettel which was the whole point. Plus he at least made it look like there were no orders. +1 to him.

Webber wanted to battle, probably he just couldn't pass Seb. Else he would've done it, he was fighting for it.
That's how I read the post-race report.

So Mark:
1. Was battling Vettel
2. Ignored team orders

Exactly the same what Vettel was doing. The only difference being that Mark Webber couldn't pass.

oh and now we got Granpa Helmut Marko saying they both shook hands. riiiiiight, Vettel knew what he was doing when he passed him and for him to say "sorry, didn't know what I was doing, webber deserved the win" after the race is the most pathetic lie I have ever heard from anybody my entire life.
Well, they have to tell the people something because they won't punish Vettel for anything.

Webber wanted to battle, probably he just couldn't pass Seb. Else he would've done it, he was fighting for it.
That's how I read the post-race report.

So Mark:
1. Was battling Vettel
2. Ignored team orders

Exactly the same what Vettel was doing. The only difference being that Mark Webber couldn't pass.

true true, we really didn't know what was going on on his head, maybe he just wanted to make it look like no orders were in play, althought he thought people seeing the race wouldn't anyways, unless he watched the race replay.

No Mark was not going to pass it, I don't think he would of risked such thing, he had opportunities to go full blast on the inside by the old pitlane, but right before that he had the order given, although we don't know how much delay there was to it.

In the end, whether he wanted, could of couldn't pass, he at least abide by such things.

In areas which Vettel simply just did it,

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back