weather

Hello

I don't know if anyone has already thought about this, or asked this question here. . .

I've been playing AC for over 1 month and I'm loving it! I like it when things are realistic. . .

so, I have everything installed, Sol, CM, etc. . . I like to use the "real conditions" option, In fact, if it's raining at a certain point, in the game it will also rain.

but the game doesn't update in real time in the middle of the race?

we imagine that I am racing in the sun at Le Mans, run for 2 hours. after some time at the real Le Mans it starts to rain, Does the game not automatically update this?

Thank you

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to update. I'm guessing the apps controlling this feature don't have access to the internet to download updated weather during the game.
I think it is possible to load a predetermined weather schedule, but I've never messed with that. Real-time updates to the weather would be a lot cooler, if possible.

Hello weather friends.
I read once that if you want real weather at the race track, in the Content Manager as the weather you have to select live.
There you select real temperatures and real wind conditions.
If you have the full version you still have to select “make it rain” when it rains.
You also have to choose one of the two providers.
The Content manager or SOL then requests the weather data from the provider every 5 minutes and implements it. But keep in mind that this is still a beta version. It works for me. The geodata of the race track must also be available.
But you can insert them in a flash using the Content Manager.
I have the full version and that's the only way you can have rain on the racetrack.
I also have the latest versions of Content Manager and SOL.
Hope this helped you

thank you very much for your answers!

I thought this topic was dead, since no one respondedafter a long time. . .

I can confirm that selecting "live" in CM does indeed follow the real live mood, I even had this test yesterday. . . I started a race on a track in France, it was sunny in qualifying, After the first lap it started raining torrentially, and only stopped on the last lap. . .

The only thing that's annoying is that with "live" it doesn't follow the exact times at the race location, the time zone. . . but still, you can select "real weather" before the race, this will synchronize the times, and after that select "live"

Hello weather friends.
I read once that if you want real weather at the race track, in the Content Manager as the weather you have to select live.
There you select real temperatures and real wind conditions.
If you have the full version you still have to select “make it rain” when it rains.
You also have to choose one of the two providers.
The Content manager or SOL then requests the weather data from the provider every 5 minutes and implements it. But keep in mind that this is still a beta version. It works for me. The geodata of the race track must also be available.
But you can insert them in a flash using the Content Manager.
I have the full version and that's the only way you can have rain on the racetrack.
I also have the latest versions of Content Manager and SOL.
Hope this helped you

Thanks a ton for this! I had the same issue as Charlie Staz - I overlooked the setting for the "Controller script" in WeatherFX settings.
Screenshot attached for anybody having the same issue.

I can confirm same as Charlie Staz - once I made this change I started having dynamic weather. I started looking up weather forecasts for race tracks until I found one that had something interesting happening. I loaded in with dry weather, then it started raining, and I also saw the clouds changing sometimes. Awesome.

My only problem now is that if the weather update is slow to load then occasionally it will freeze the video output (but the simulation is still running). I had a really bad crash because of this. Obviously weather updates are never so urgent that the video should freeze for them - but I have no idea if this is something that the app could be programmed to avoid.
I'll risk keeping it this way because I love having realistic weather changes.

Attachments

• Live updating weather - Change Controller.png
    Live updating weather - Change Controller.png
    301.6 KB · Views: 31
Moin.
I don't have these dips and I only drive with live weather.
Maybe it has something to do with the internet connection.
AC or CM queries the weather, the weather server does not respond immediately, the weather query suddenly costs full processor power or something like that.
But I won't put my hand in the fire.
I also don't have any frame drops in Elite Dangerous Oddy or any issues in Starfield.
Which version of CM are you using?
For me it looks different. Do you have the latest version?

Attachments

• Unbenannt-2.jpg
    Unbenannt-2.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 20
Whenever there's a freeze, I can see in the Weather app that it just did an update. So the freezes are either because it's waiting for the internet, or because of the associated graphical updates to the weather. I don't know which.
I play single player, so I think internet hiccups should not be allowed to freeze the game, but I have no idea if that's something the programmer of an AC app can control/avoid.
It might be the graphical updates causing it, I might experiment with manual weather changes and try to figure that out.

You're right - my CM was an old version 0.8.2393.39063. I thought I updated CM but that was apparently on a different machine. I was going crazy with those unnecessary "tooltips" that always interfere with the mouse and couldn't find the option to cut them down. Now I know why - that machine had an old CM version.

On the system I'm in front of (which I don't really use to play, but just mod editing) The internal updater pushes 0.8.2561.39678 as the "latest version" but this seems to be broken - the option for setting the "Controller Script" seems to be entirely missing - I understand it was moved to the Drive tab (like in your screenshot) but on mine it's not shown there either. I saw another thread where this was implied to be a bug with this version of CM.

I've installed a "pre-release" version 0.8.2594.39678 which is working - but it still has the Controller setting under WeatherFX, not on the Drive tab.
I probably need to update Sol.

Last edited:

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 41 73.2%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 15 26.8%
  • Better structured forum

Votes: 13 23.2%
  • Standard game content

Votes: 13 23.2%