Waterford Hills

Tracks Waterford Hills 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
adamcyan1624 submitted a new resource:

Waterford Hills - A local race track in Southeast Michigan, USA

Welcome to Waterford Hills Road Racing!

It's a rather small race track in my local area, good fun for track days and club racing. I've been there a couple of times, and a small sports car is definitely preferred!

The track surfaces are converted from CarSim (a professional vehicle simulation tool), from which I got the approval (funny thing is that they admitted they did not get approval from the real world track). The pit area and track objects are missing in their model. Since I haven't...

Read more about this resource...

adamcyan1624 submitted a new resource:

Waterford Hills - A local race track in Southeast Michigan, USA

Read more about this resource...
Awesome to see this!

No kidding--In the RD thread entitled, "Which real world track would you most like to see in a sim?" I was going to post Waterford Hills just YESTERDAY.

I lived in the Detroit area for about seven years and have been to the track for car shows and race weekends. A couple of my friends race '80s Gen 3 Camaros in the Detroit iron class, but I have never turned a wheel there--someting about a certsin wall.

At the Detroit Autorama in 2016, I was honored to be asked to serve as track chaplain at Waterford Hills when a fellow chaplain stepped down. I was laid off on Groundhog Day 2016 and ended up taking a job in Norh Carolina thar April. By September of that year, the girl of my dreams found me and I married her and moved to Kansas City where I was her friend 30 years before.

Kinda neat to see this. Where I worked a few years back some of my colleagues was working on a hexapod based simulator with Carsim and it had Waterford Hills in it as part of the demo. It was pretty crude and outside of the track surface it had visuals of grass and the ground mesh off the track is as such that if you went off you need to be hitting e-stop fast because it freaks the simulator out. Certainly came a long way from that version....

That's awesome! It's a bit crude but its actually good! I've done too many laps at Waterford!

Laptimes seem comparable, and for the most part the surface is pretty close (actually feels more like it did last year after the repave). Few things I noticed.. The curbs at Waterford have quite a bit of grip, and you can be quite aggressive with them in real life, especially at turn 3, you really need to be aggressive over it, where its pretty much impossible to use right now in AC. The outside curb going onto the front straight needs to be bigger too (wider), and there is a curb missing on the inside as you enter turn 1. The white/concrete curbing feels right on though! The outside curbing on the exit of Big bend should extend a bit longer too (also start later).

Overall though, very fun, now we need someone to model the pit area :) I wish my 3Ds skills were still up to scratch

• Deleted member 388275

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy cow! I was *just* starting on a build of this track. It seems great minds think alike. Thanks for making it!
I volunteered there many years ago, and it was always a fun weekend. Great little track.

adamcyan1624 updated Waterford Hills with a new update entry:

Texture, Rain FX, and Misc.

Changelog:
- Tarmac texture replaces concrete and unified red-and-white kerbs to align with the new repaved look irl;
- Corresponding surface friction coefficient update;
- Crew goes to the left to avoid standing on the track during race;
- Geotags added in UI for real conditions if you'd like;
- Rain FX patch added in extension config (requires CSP dev build, highly recommend, both visual and physics are amazing).

View attachment 398471

Here is a video of me drifting...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 9 18.0%
  • Prizes

Votes: 9 18.0%
  • Trophies