F1 2011 Watch this!

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Shambles. I know its not just Marina Bay. Ive noticed that at Melbourne, turns 3, 4, 6, 7 you can cut right across the grass without penalty even in TT mode (which in 2010 was very picky about cutting) yet get a right hand wheel over the kerb on turn 9 and you get a penalty.

How can a bug THAT BIG ever get through alpha / beta testing? I mean, being able to go straight across turn 1 without penalty? Surely thats a fundamental bit of functionality that should have been exhaustively tested. Total shambles.

David maybe this happens only on one platform like only on PC etc

hm there is comment under movie, that saying when u speed up while cutting they will pick it up, so sounds like cutting without throtlle is no warning

Nothing to do with rules. I noticed when I cut the corner of turn 6 when I made a mistake in a race at Singapore that I got no warning. Tried again the following lap and still no warning so aborted the race and just went round a whole lap cutting every corner by as much as possible and I got not one single warning!! This is on Xbox 360 and the rules were set to fully on. It's not anything to do with cutting them without using the throttle as I was on the throttle too. How this was missed is beyond me.

Can't see the video, I'm in work. Is it the lap around singapore cutting every corner?

Well that's my video. I did it to show what a shambles online is.

This video was set using full sim, i.e realistic rules and flags.

I found it by pure luck, I was in qualifying and locked up going in to T1, so just carried on straight to T2.
Never got a warning. If I did then maybe I would never have found this out, but I'm glad I did as it needs fixing.

I done this lap as I was in last place in the race, and it was a practice run for the league I'm in to see what realistic flags was like as in F1 2010, we only ran reduced.

Btw, there were people in the race last night who said they got warnings for just slightly touching a kerb, so who knows what's going on.

Well if Rosberg can do it in real life why wouldn't they let us get away with it.

It is a complete travesty though PC leader board times are in the 1:25+ area I believe. I did a 1:31 managing to keep it mostly in the lines, but I couldn't help but notice how lenient it was being through certain corners.

Cutting rules are way too loose in this version of the game. I am pretty sure the moment Codemasters will tighten them and make it really strict like in real life the same people that are constantly crying on forums will do it once more but this time against the tight cutting rules.

Racing rules are all in your head, just stay between the white lines and if you gain time through cutting just lift of the throttle.

Try it, it's very easy :thumb:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back