Warning: Use of Illegal Software on our Servers

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
In public servers there is a growing group of drivers racing with illegal pirated Skidmark software (don't click the download link). As a result of these growing numbers we have been checking our server logs thoroughly last night and the result is that some of our drivers are using the pirated games as well.

Thankfully those members can be counted on the fingers of two hands and out of the thousands that have signed up for a license membership that is pretty positive. So kudos to all who do support a developer by purchasing a legitimate copy of the game via www.steampowered.com and keep sim racing on PC alive :)

To the people with pirated software here is your first and final warning. Those of you who log in to race on our servers with games that you don't legally own will have their licensed membership revoked permanently. This means no more online racing at RD and back to the public servers.

We are not interested in the excuses that you may have to justify your illegal copy so don't bother starting a discussion to explain the reasons. We don't allow it.

And it's worth every penny to buy these sims (really, does not cost much anyways)in order to be a part of this great community!:)
Besides that, you are comprimising the integrety of Racedepartment when using pirated versions. Not a nice way to say thanks for all the effort RD puts in to organize nice and fun clean racing.

Racedepartment has a solid and good reputation in regards of the use of legal content, and I think the least we as members can do is support and respect that. Driving with pirated content does not do that.

I agree 110% with this measure ... this is the best and cheapest racing simulator on the market ... no excuses at all for using illegal copy.

I think i have tryed every racing simulatores including iRacing wich i payed around 50 euros for 1 year subscripion (8 months left and i dont play it anymore because of race07 and RD).

Spending 20 Euros for Race07, STCC2 and Retro expansion was a pinchbeck.

if some1 here is using a illegal copy of this game, PM me and i'll give a steam key to you, or as a gift, this will be kept confidential.

Race07 (Base game) key will be given to you, expansion packs will have to be brought by yourself :)

This is old news, the skidrow cracked clients have been around for 8 months now. Valve is to blame since they have done nothing to patch the online lobby. Users with cracked race07 clients can log stright into the games online lobby. Server admins who have checked the serverlog file, can clearly see that 70% of the users on publics servers are running cracked Race07 clients. However there is a more serious issue with these cracked clients. There has been reports on users driving with cars that have no tyre wear, no dammage to engine or car and they run with zero fuel onboard. These cracked Race07 clients have altered game core files and bybass all rules set by both game and server. It's a very good call by Bram to kick out users running illegal game clients.

Check these two treads at Raceroom forum, and you will see how bad the situation is with Race07 cracked skidrow clients.

http://www.raceroom.net/forums/index.php/topic,670.0.html

http://www.raceroom.net/forums/index.php/topic,1295.0.html

70%! Jeez i had no idea until now. Pretty bad. I don't understand these clowns logic to why they would come online and do what they do like shown on Kennett's clip.And i truly thought online on consoles was worse, but i haven't come across anything this bad so far racing online on consoles.

yep kenneths video is the latest crack used in race07, user logs in with a F3000 when server is set on WTCC only. As you can see he's car takes no dammage, he cant be voted off server (uses a hack to prevent it) and he can also drive wrong way wihout being DQ. And the user can also log in with your steam id number of he's choise, that then gets stored in the server logfile. Meaning you might get banned from server even though you never where in it. Who thinks valve is doing a good job, not me

yep kenneths video is the latest crack used in race07, user logs in with a F3000 when server is set on WTCC only. As you can see he's car takes no dammage, he cant be voted off server (uses a hack to prevent it) and he can also drive wrong way wihout being DQ. And the user can also log in with your steam id number of he's choise, that then gets stored in the server logfile. Meaning you might get banned from server even though you never where in it. Who thinks valve is doing a good job, not me

That's awful... I can't believe there are people like these. Awful, awful, awful...:(

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back