Warm Daylight - ReShade preset

Martin Fiala submitted a new resource:

Warm Daylight - ReShade preset - ReShade preset that gives the game slightly warmer, sunny day look

Ever since someone mentioned R3E having a blue-ish tint in a forum comment, I couldn't unsee it. Indeed, the white balance in R3E can be a bit too cold for the weather and time of day it's trying to convey. I tried to remedy that - couldn't get SweetFX to work, but finally succeeded with ReShade.

The effect of the preset is quite subtle. I've tried to match the white balance I usually go with when I process my photos taken on a sunny day. It's not meant to completely change the look of the...

Read more about this resource...

I'm sorry, but I honestly have no idea and no way of testing. If I search a bit, it looks like the answer is likely "no", rather than "yes", but it's hard to tell. And you've likely already searched yourself.

I'm sorry, but I honestly have no idea and no way of testing. If I search a bit, it looks like the answer is likely "no", rather than "yes", but it's hard to tell. And you've likely already searched yourself.
Yep, but nothing definitive. Maybe I'll just give it go anyway. It's not going to break anything, after all.

Out of curiosity, I'm wondering if the same affect could be achieved with the game's own files. I forget where, but there are 2-3 different filters for the graphics, but no way to select them in-game. You can rename the files to apply them though. Pretty sure it was R3E anyway... :p

OK, I've tried the moods. It seems to work, but it's some kind of proprietary file, so no real possibility of editing easily. There's four options available:

default.mood
RRRE_2017_08_20_06_51_24_900.png

realistic.mood
RRRE_2017_08_20_06_47_05_706.png

standard_day.mood
RRRE_2017_08_20_06_44_44_960.png

xproc.mood
RRRE_2017_08_20_06_49_01_078.png

Also, this is what JF had to say about these files back in 2015:

"Just a word of explanation about those, they date back to when we were experimenting stuff with light settings. The names don't really have any meaning ("Realistic" doesn't really look more realistic for example). In early prototypes of the game, you could unlock some "mood" settings that made the game look totally different (black and white, instagram-like filters), which was dropped quickly. Now we're using the tech in a much smarter way, Sonoma will be the first track we release that has its own unique light settings for each of the 5 times of day. This means we can now freely tweak the visual feel of each track layout, which was not possible before where the 5 times of day were global, affecting all the tracks the same way."

Maybe the VR-Headsets have some calibration tool like normal Monitors? :(
You can use your the nVidia control panel (and I presume ATI's equivalent) to manipulate the display, but that makes it a global setting. There's nothing wrong with VR in general, it's just RaceRoom has gone for a cold bluish tint in it's graphical style. It's not a big deal and certainly doesn't harm my enjoyment of the game. I just liked Martin's mod and am annoyed I can't use it! :D

Well, to be fair to R3E, it's not really a bluish tint, the colors are fine, it's just a perfect 6500K white balance which does come off a bit too sterile and bluish for my (and apparently not just mine) tastes and my idea of a depiction of a sunny day.

I believe rF2 is doing something similar with their DX11 version so it comes off as blue tinted compared to DX9, but then again I didn't really check if it's just this or if there's something else going on there.

Hi guys

With the update X64 it seem that don't work you can said me if there is a solution thanks

I redo an installation of reshade but the game crashes --> server error
Same thing was discussed in another thread.
@Martin Fiala found out that it somehow only works with Windows 10 at the moment and only if you set something regarding "full screen optimization", which I don't really know of.

For Win 7 there is no solution for the time being :(

Yeah, with the 64bit version, you need to install ReShade into the x64 subfolder within the game structure where the 64bit executable resides, and it only seems to work in Windows 10, provided you don't have the "disable fullscreen optimizations" setting enabled for the game executable (in the Compatibility tab) - which is disabled by default, so that shouldn't be a problem unless you've specifically enabled it yourself.

In Windows 7, it doesn't seem to work at the moment for some reason - if you do install ReShade for the 64 bit executable and try to start the game, it will not start at all.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back