Want try this game help!

Hi guys, i just played this game with free content and I want to go a bit more deep and buy starter pack but I have some questions...
1- If I buy the pack I have races every hour more or less like iRacing (againts humans)
2- The pack is for ever and I dont need to pay more to play it? (I say this becuase in iRacing you must to pay the subscription to can play the content you bougth)
3- Is worth to buy this pack to start at this game?

Thanks for the help guys! =)

1- If I buy the pack I have races every hour more or less like iRacing (againts humans)

Well, there is a multiplayer server browser where you can play against other people almost any time of the day. At night there are few people on though, so it may be tough to find a race.
Go into the MP server list now to see how many people are on. All of those servers are the ones people are driving on.

2- The pack is for ever and I dont need to pay more to play it? (I say this becuase in iRacing you must to pay the subscription to can play the content you bougth)

Correct. Once you buy a car, track, or pack... it is yours to keep, and you wont be charged more to use it. There is no subscription in RR. The only price you pay, is for the content you want. 1 time fee.

That would be up to you and what you are comfortable spending... as well as what sort of cars interest you. The premium pack is easily the best value, but it is fairly expensive and comes with everything offered in the game. Which could mean it has cars or tracks you arent interested in.

My suggestion is to go to the store in game, look through all the cars, and test drive them. This way you can see what cars interests you.

From there, I would recommend this guide to show you how to get the most content for your money. Basically, it includes buying vRP from the RaceRoom Store and using that to buy the content in game. This way you will get a big discount if you buy a lot of vRP at once.

If you are only interested in the starter pack right now, I do think it is a good way to get a nice variety of content to use in the game. And you can always buy the premium pack later on if you find you enjoy the game and want to own more content. And later on, the premium pack would be discounted since you already own the starter pack.

First two have been answered above so I'll give my two cents on 3.

Personally I went balls deep with RRRE, I bought 10,000 VRP and used the 9,999 to buy the premium pack and haven't regretted it. There is still content I haven't driven and the game personally feels amazing once you get your FFB setup properly.

If you want to, launch the game, click store and then find a car you are interested in and you can test drive it. Maybe test drive a few and see how you like them.

Personally I do not regret buying the premium pack and I'm really enjoying the AI racing now they have fixed collisions in the latest update. There are also plenty of league races and hosted races online that usually get posted on the forums.

Probably not. There are plenty of public servers out there, but whether they will be running the cars and tracks you will own after buying just the starter pack is touch and go. It's also worth bearing in mind that the quality of racing found on unsupervised and unregulated public servers is often very low, so while you might able to race often you may well not enjoy the experience too much. I would suggest it's better to spend the bulk of your time practising, and then race in organised events such as those here on RaceDepartment.

Once you have bought content, it is yours to use in singleplayer or multiplayer forever. No additional subscription fees or other costs.

In my honest opinion... no. I think the free content is enough to test the game and see if you like it or not. If you do, then I would personally say that it is worth saving up some money and buying the premium pack instead. You will get every piece of content the game has to offer at a massively discounted price. If you buy the starter pack now and then add to it later, you will end up paying more in the long run. If you follow the guide natedogg linked to above, you can get the premium pack for less than it would cost you to buy most other sims plus all their DLCs.

Also, if you own all the content then you are giving yourself more options for racing, and will therefore be able to race more often.

1) No the online is nothing like Iracing. There is a server list with whatever races people have set up. No license, no schedule, no safety rating. I only get to play at night mostly, and there is very few people saying online at that time, and the ones that are mostly at the free content. For general multiplayer Iracing is leaps and bounds better.

However a while back they announced they were revamping the online system. By the sounds of it the new system is going to be almost exactly like Iracing. When this gets implemented though is anyone's guess at this time.

2) As others have stated, there is no subscription. You buy the content and can play it whenever and however you want.

3) As for buying the starter pack that is up to you. I would personally recommend waiting for a sale and just getting the premium. I bought the premium pack during their Easter sale, and got it for $65USD. That's the price of buying any new game, and for the amount of content I found it well worth it. I'm not sure when they have all their sales, but Black Friday in November is likely.

If you do decide to get the starter pack, it is worth knowing that if you then decide to buy another pack of content, you get a discount if you already own By of the content in the pack. For example buy the starter pack, if you then decide to buy the premium pack, you don't pay for the content you ready got in the starter.

Also if you want to wait there are still ways to play. Obviously you have all the free content, and as others said, you can do free test drives of any car. However the best way is to go I to the challenges section. They are mostly free to play regardless if you own the content or not. I personally spend most of my time playing challenges as it is addicting and fun trying to perfect your laps and move up the leaderboard.

1. There's no series or 24/7 scheduled races like iRacing has at the moment. There's plenty of servers though and you're likely to find a race at almost any time. As was already mentioned, though, scheduled iRacing-style racing is coming to R3E, we just don't know when it will actually be implemented. Several things for that are already in the game, though, and it supposed to be coming fairly "soon".

2. Any pack you buy is indeed "forever", as you say. Just be aware that you can't buy packs again if for example there is some content added to it after you've already purchased it, you have to buy that content separately (or use a different pack it is included in that you don't already own).

3. I would definitely recommend the starter pack as it gives you a good selection of cars to get into races with, as well as some nice tracks.

Also, when it comes to buying content, once you have some purchased, be sure to always check your options. R3E gives you discount on any packs that include the content you already own. So if you for example own two cars from a certain class and think of buying another one in that class, it might actually be a better deal to buy the class as a whole at that point as you will be discounted for the two cars you own.

Also note that you can test any car in R3E before you buy it using the test drive option. You're limited on the RaceRoom Raceway track, but you're now free to drive the car for up to 24 hours at a time (used to be 5 minutes, but it was changed recently). Also, there are usually several hotlap competitions running which you can enter even if you don't own the car and track in question, so it's also a great way to test cars *and* tracks for free.

-Online Racing
I am very interested to see how they implement their iRacing-style online environment. This could be huge. I know they have a bigger EU presence, but I hope it gains traction here (US).

-Content
I say get a pack with a bunch of tracks. Look for a deal on the ADAC GT or DTM pack (any years), which comes with a lot of cars (albeit one class) but a lot of tracks. There is some excellent free content. One of my favorites is the Silhouette Series with the BMW and Audi compact ripoffs. Those are fun! But the branded DTM and WTCC stuff is great so you're racing the real series against the "real" drivers.

I thought the Vintage pack was a great deal when I bought it. Classic GTs and Touring Cars, and I really wanted the GTO pack.

My advice is to remember that you don't need to own everything to see everything. You definitely don't need all the liveries, or all the cars. Buy one livery for one car and you'll be able to race in any offline and (almost) any online lobbies with that class. The best way to go is usually to buy one car from each class. The starter pack basically does that, so it's a great deal.

Yes, exactly. People often recommend buying a class car pack in the beginning, but that's not really how to get the most racing for the least amount of money. One car with one livery per class is a much better option that will allow you to race a lot more, and if you want to buy a pack (other than the premium one), make it either the starter pack or the pro pack, or get a track pack (the american track pack is a cheap one to start with). Leave buying car packs for much later.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back