Want to upgrade GPU...

Yeah I was thinking maybe of going for newer monitors. As these are RM300 about 60 quid each which isn't much, but newer 24 inch are RM400 ish, with freesync I think.
It doesn't sound like much of a difference in price though so want to make sure I cover all the bases.
Think it needs display port, (as GPU has 3 of them), would like to have 120hz or 144hz but then I'm thinking I'd need to upgrade the GPU which is back to where I was before... ha ha. Gotta love this PC gaming malarkey :inlove::roflmao:

Ah fudge... guess that means 27s?
Costs start creeping again...
Unless there are some decent cheapish 27s that do 1080p...

Yeah, sorry about that...
There were cheapish 27s a few years ago (2015)... don't know about today because I've only been watching 32" 1440p monitors as I look forward to an upgrade.

The "meaningful realistic FOV" on 24" monitors very much depends on your definition of "meaningful". I mean I use more or less realistic FOV on a single 24" and don't have too many issues with that (but obviously things like Crew Chief or car radar help a lot). So to have triples would be a lot better still.

And it also depends how far you sit from the monitor. If you sit close to a 24", you might be using a more "meaningful" FOV compared to 27" further back.

Had a 27" 1080p monitor for a few years. Not very sharp image and you have pixel crawling in games no matter the anti aliasing setting...

Not sure if I'd be satisfied with 24" though either... I can tell you that I'm running a fov of 49 in all sims and I'm sure the loss of a bit of the height doesn't matter much.

24 inch monitors won't let you have a meaningful realistic FOV.
3x23" screens angled at 45 degrees worked for me just fine. I had (well, I still have, but prefer VR now) the center one located right behind the steering wheel and above its base. That setup gave me about 150 degrees of horizontal FOV, so the right mirror in LHD cars was visible which was good enough for me

3x23" screens angled at 45 degrees worked for me just fine. I had (well, I still have, but prefer VR now) the center one located right behind the steering wheel and above its base. That setup gave me about 150 degrees of horizontal FOV, so the right mirror in LHD cars was visible which was good enough for me
Oh, you can get hFOV, but you won't have enough vFOV to see gauges, etc., particularly in tintops. You will definitely have to use virtual mirrors in NASCAR or V8 Supercars.

Oh, you can get hFOV, but you won't have enough vFOV to see gauges, etc., particularly in tintops. You will definitely have to use virtual mirrors in NASCAR or V8 Supercars.
That's true, but it is easy to get around that. You can use a tablet with some app showing you all that info (and more) or use in-game HUD where it's available. And a virtual mirror works just fine if the cabin mirror doesn't fit into the view. Some might argue about "but muh immersion", but it's a moot point, I believe. You don't have the exact same controls the real car has anyway and the picture is still 2D on flat screens w/o any depth perception. For me, the most important feature of triple screens was ability to use correct FOV w/o any kind of warping affect and see nearby opponents and apexes of tight corners properly. 3x23 worked just fine for that, but your mileage may vary of course, depends on what you need those screens for.

My triple 24,s work perfect with a 1060,couple of setting dialled down but not much and i hit 75+fps easily..
IMG_0659.JPG

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back