VWSR S3: Virtual World Series by Renault (F3.5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should be ok I hope, i've just updated my rFactor 2 build, I suppose everyone will need to update Ian ?

Build 382 should be the one we will be using, but there is mentioning of some collision problems with custom skins online.
So if you guys also can test that on the server when I updated it tomorrow that would be very welcom. Depending on what comes out of testing, we will use the new build or the old build.

I hope we use the most current build, including all the performance gains from it and the better prediction model for collisions (even though it's still not great, but seems to be better).

hey guys, just did an effort to update the server, but something went wrong and it needs a re-install. As it is installed in a certain way, I must let someone else do the re-install, hopefully the server will be up later today.

I want it too, but the only reservation I have is the mentioning of a worse collision model when people use custom skins online which is mentioned in the releasenotes with possible known problems (at the bottom of the post).
I personally haven't been online lately to test that to see if that is indeed the case, and want you guys to check that too when you are online so we are sure that the collisiion model is indeed improved when we use our custom skins.
Having heard no-one on RD about it so far is positive, so please post here if you indeed practiced online with a custom skin, and if the collision model does or doesn't give you troubles in that situation. If no-one has troubles, we use the new build.:thumbsup:

You can keep the current build, only if people do find the problems with it, we must go back to the previous build. Perhaps the issues aint there, they were not confirmed as problems, but as possible problems, as some people reported this with the unstable build testing, which is a very small group. We need to test it ourself first.

Tomorrow I expect I have the server set up again, with the current build.

If it is really nescesarry to go back to the previous build, the only way I know is to do a re-install of rfactor2 or install a second rfactor2 game in different directories. As for now the current build is the one we intend to use, if it is needed to go back I will place a link to the previous build with instructions how to do it most easily,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • Monthly

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Yearly

Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 0 0.0%