VWSR Clio Cup: Round 2 - Poznań

I wonder if I still should run this championship......
Great driving.... :( NOT!!! Maybe next race I will use the same driving standards as some peeps do... I doubt that would make me feel better to gain positions like that. :(

I will sleep a night and think about if I want to continue or not....
You're not going anywhere :) Team orders :p Even though you are team leader...:whistling:

Today i had a lot of fun, specially in race 1 were i had a nice battle with John Broadmeadow.
On the second race it was starting to be a really good one too but my computer froze for a 2 or 3 seconds in sector 3 and i went straight to the wall, i damaged very badly the front left, pitted for rapirs but the car never ferlt the same, gained some positions due to dnf's but i still finished one lap down on the leaders.
Congratulations to top3 in both races and see you next week :thumbsup:

At the end of the Race, in Xavier Poirel's pit

viewer.php

Humm! Ok! :thumbsdown:

Last edited:
Race1:

Good Start, could build a small gap pretty easy and try to keep it clean in front. When Simon did a little mistake i think Frederic tried to gain a bit to me but he wasn't able. Pretty controlled win till the end.

Race2:

Wow...Sky, what a fight ! Didn't expected that.
Came good through the traffic as Frederic and Simon had a bit of trouble so i could get through pretty easy. When i were in 2nd i thought...well just keep driving and saving the tires, she will get slower...well it just didn't happened ! :D with 15min to go i realisied that i needed to go a bit further and push a bit more. After a couple of Laps i finally managed to get to her - wasn't easy to be honest. To get past was really hard as my tires were completly overheated as i had to go over the limit to get in front, but i think it was the same for her :)
Conctact, Side by Side, thats wheel to wheel Racing, love it ! :D

Watched a bit of the Stream and have to say that is is pretty nice - good Job. See you all next week Guys.

But i think the next one is Hockenheim-Short, not MidOhio, isn't it?

Pretty happy I could race today as I thought I would miss it in the first place, but still my least favorite of the tracks. Qualy went much better than I ever expected race 1 could have been maybe interesting for P1, if I could have passed Simon early, but he was giving me a very fun hard & fair time :D
Without a draft I was not fast enough after the pass.
Race 2 was similar I avoided a shunt into T1 where I nearly got collected when I saw a car flying back on track in the right corner of my eye I avoided it in the middle of the corner, which nearly send me off :D
A small misunderstanding with Manuel later, which let Christian through, but anyway Sky and Christian were just to fast for me in Race 2, but double podium is the way to go :thumbsup:

First i want to apologize to Joao Fernandes for ruin his races.
Especially the first one was pretty stupid of me.

In exchange i would go as far as give you my points from this weekend and get a penalty of course.

Now to Stefan Woudenberg, im sry that you flew off track. Maybe i had gone a little too far but i watched the scene and think it might be on the edge of "ok".
But im pretty new to this buisness so i cant really tell.

I finished both races on my wheels :D

Qualifying: Went much better than last time, i was happy enough with my lap but i still could have improved.

Race 1: Launch was good and managed to get along side and past Sky, but then into the first left she was up the inside but it looked like Jimi was also trying to overtake her so it ended in a bit of a mess. From then it was all about battling jimi and i eventually got past him only to make a mistake on the last lap and let him by. Was a good battle but ABS vs no abs is a hard battle when trying to brake late into corners.

Race 2: Saw cars sliding across the grass in my right mirror and hoped i didn't get cleaned up was basically the start of this race haha. Then trying to hold up the faster guys for a little bit which failed but was still fun. Simon made a mistake and i got another chance at trying to hold him up, which failed. After that the race was pretty boring. A 2 second gap opened between Fred to Simon and then another 2 second gap back to me and we basically drove to the finish in that formation while watching Sky and Christian battle it out at the front.

Need to work on tyre saving and maybe more practice than 9 laps might get me on the podium :p

See everyone at the next one :) Thanks to all the staff involved :thumbsup:

Thanks to all the staff involved

You'll be surprised. :D

@Xavier de Carvalho : League manager, commentator, server admin.
@Jarvis : Cameramen/streamer
@James Sadler : Commentator
@Daiman Patel : Article writer, Results page and helping hand wherever he can.
@Gijs van Elderen: mod packaging, Vmods, server preparation.
@Roy Magnes : back up cameramen/streamer during Round 5
@Yves Larose : Broadcast team manager
@Davy Vandevenne : Broadcast team technicle support
@Howard : RD Facebook, twitter, league announcements on social media
@Bram Hengeveld , @Dave Stephenson , @Frank : Racedepartment stream/chat page

I hope i've got everything correct... :barefoot:

Last edited by a moderator:
Q: Again suprissingly good with P2 even with a big mistake in the lap :D

R1: Had a good start but Frederic direct at my bumper. After some laps i did a small mistake into T1 and lost 2 postions. After this i was only able to close the gap to Teddy but the race was i bit to short to overtake him.

R2: Had a good start and was at the end of Lap1 already in P3. At the end of Lap 2 i followed Stephen into the gras and Manual, Frederic, Christian and James slipped through. Then i had i slight contact with Stephen exit of T1. I did see you and though i had left enough space so sorry again. Later i was only able to catch James again. Trying to catch Frederic i pushed a bit to hard and was only able to keep the gap more or less constant. So i ended again only in P4.

Frustrating night for me last night, no pace and no luck.

Race 1 was quite enjoyable apart from the opening lap. Got a good start but couldn't go anywhere with it as I was boxed in. Had a good run into turn 3 so when for the lunge on Sky, who was also looking up the inside of James. It's a nice wide circuit at Poznan so there should have been space, but it's tough in these cars as soon as there is any contact. I managed to keep my nose clean but unfortunately Sky and James made contact causing Sky to drop back. Then had a good hard but fair fight with James for P5, until the last lap when I presume he felt sorry for me and let me by at turn 3 :roflmao:

Race 2 was unfortunate. There was comfortably enough space for 3 cars to run in a straight line, but it was not to be. I hope I didn't ruin anyone's race when I spun back onto the circuit in Turn 1, but I was a passenger through the whole thing. The rest of the race was a nightmare. Hats off to rf2, for the whole race my steering wheel was vibrating like mad from 4 heavily flat spotted tyres from my start line spin! Very impressive realism, although I wasn't saying that at the time! Managed to pick off a few places but I was always fighting a loosing battle with the tyres. P9 from dead last. Not bad but could have got much higher up if I could make the tyres work for more than 2 laps...

Congrats to the podium in both races, and thanks to RD and all the staff for putting the show on.

Q: Again suprissingly good with P2 even with a big mistake in the lap :D

R1: Had a good start but Frederic direct at my bumper. After some laps i did a small mistake into T1 and lost 2 postions. After this i was only able to close the gap to Teddy but the race was i bit to short to overtake him.

R2: Had a good start and was at the end of Lap1 already in P3. At the end of Lap 2 i followed Stephen into the gras and Manual, Frederic, Christian and James slipped through. Then i had i slight contact with Stephen exit of T1. I did see you and though i had left enough space so sorry again. Later i was only able to catch James again. Trying to catch Frederic i pushed a bit to hard and was only able to keep the gap more or less constant. So i ended again only in P4.
I recorded my onboard from R1. It looks a lot closer all the time from my POV compared to the stream :D

@Gijs van Elderen & @Xavier de Carvalho I almost had a mental break down trying to set the server up again on my way home from work yesterday. :roflmao: I constantly feared losing my mobile network connection, as I was on the train, and I wouldn't have been able to let you know what was happening. Thankfully the connection was stable enough, and the problem could be resolved without too many drams. I'm just glad that everything worked out in the end! :D

Thanks to all of the drivers for once again putting on a fantastic display; the battle between @Christian Michel and @Sky in particular had us all screaming at the broadcast for more, and the chat-box was buzzing - it was fantastic! ;) Hoping for more of this in the upcoming rounds. :p And of course, thanks to everyone that Gijs has mentioned who help to make this league and each race happen, in particular Xavier and Gijs himself - cheers guys! :thumbsup:

A much better event than the previous week at Croft with my connection issue and I think I managed to bag some points. Hats off to the RD team for this league, It really does turn into a full on race weekend for me. Prep and practice, race night, then I watch the excellent live stream back and later sit and watch the replays in sim... Awesome.
I was about a second off my PB in qually so I was quite surprised to see I was P8. Had a very solid and consistant race 1 and took the car home in P7. Had some great close racing with Phil.
P3 on the reverse grid Race 2 and got a great start upto P2 by turn 1. By the end of lap 1 I was surprised to see Simon already in P3 and hard on my tail, felt ok though as this track is so difficult to overtake on, and I have raced with Simon for a long time so I think he knows my driving and vice versa. Feeling under more and more pressure I went wide coming out of the last corner and to my amazement I witnessed Simon follow me onto the loose stuff, This allowed a whole stream of cars passed and we dropped down the positions, Things got worse from there, Next lap got a slight "lovetap" off Simon and the car just went from under my control and I was a passenger going off into the wide grass area at turn 1. As I am an old member here but new competitor with Rd events I did not want to cause any dangerous return to track incidents so rolled along side the track boundary until I was plumb last place, I found it hard to settle after that and made another mistake outbraking myself. gathered myself and decided to just try and lap consistantly and see what happens, Ended up in a great fight with John Broadmeadow for many laps and eventually came home in P12. All in all a nice event that could have been better with my race 2 result.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back