VSCC S1 | General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

@patrick :I disagree, it's time to stop using abs. I can understand with locking problem with 1.60 to turn low on but with 1.70 it's no more a problem. GSC brake is not more harder than other sim like netkar pro.

2x25 minutes and x2 : +1 for me.

@ Anders: Yes, custom skin is mandatory. But there are three very good possibilities for you.

1) You don't send a skin and take the standard Racedepartment car.
2) You ask one of our skinners to change name and number on an ingame car.
3) You ask one of our skinners for a brand new car.

Dave and Nathan are always very helpful, you could ask one of them. And I am also there :)

Cheers Robert :) Il think i go with option two .. Just need to find a good looker first ;)

Driver: Nathan Robinson
Number: 28
Driver 2: Jason Lancett
Number 2: 68
Download Link: http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/game-stock-car-98/breakaway-motorsports-skins-6008/
Picture:

robinson.jpg

lancett.jpg

I had originally started with Precision Motorsports but Bram pointed out that there was already an existing Precision Motorsports. Not want to intrude on that team, I have changed our team name to Breakaway Motorsports. Skins look good guys, cant wait to get this under way :)

Any one needs help, pm me

i'll try to do my own skins but have some questions regarding name&number:

With the gimp & templates .psd i see "drivername" and "number" (at different place depending which .psd i use) calc. But can we change the default number (00) directly (if i click with the gimp text tools on number once calc selected i don't see 00) or i need to create a new calc ?

is there a simple howto with gimp for that ?

2) You ask one of our skinners to change name and number on an ingame car.
don't know we can do that, i've mean and see with gimp/dds plugin that .dds does not have calc to edit. Maybe another tools can do that.

thanks !

i'll try to do my own skins but have some questions regarding name&number:

With the gimp & templates .psd i see "drivername" and "number" (at different place depending which .psd i use) calc. But can we change the default number (00) directly (if i click with the gimp text tools on number once calc selected i don't see 00) or i need to create a new calc ?

is there a simple howto with gimp for that ?

don't know we can do that, i've mean and see with gimp/dds plugin that .dds does not have calc to edit. Maybe another tools can do that.

thanks !

I don't know much about Gimp, I know it can open psd (photoshop) files with layers no problem but if i remember well, i think it doesn't work well with text, i think Gimp import photoshop text as image, so you can't edit it. But i'm sure you could recreate the exact same thing using Gimp text tool.

Numbers: Font: Impact Regular (you should have it)
Size: Roof - 210 pt, Side Windows - 76 pt, Front Windows - 214,22

Name: Font: Bank Gothic Md BT Medium (probably have to download it)
Size: Side windows - 28 pt, Front window - 50 pt

Maybe someone know a way to import photoshop text as text

First WIP shots of the Racedepartment car:

rd1r.jpg

rd2s.jpg

rd3s.jpg

The Racedepartment car will be there for every driver who does not send in a skin. It will get a personal number and name on it, and it will be available in several colour combinations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More leagues

• Prizes

• Trophies