Vote for rFactor on Steam Greenlight

Greenlight.jpg

Image Space Incorporated is unsurprisingly, and rightfully, jumping on the Greenlight bandwagon. They have put their title, rFactor, onto Steam's user-led voting system.

ISI have put out the call for votes for their established title, rFactor, to be added to Valve's enormous digital distribution platform. iRacing, Reiza Studios and Kunos Simulazioni's Assetto Corsa are also alumni of Steam's Greenlight programme.

Should ISI's outdated title be added to Steam? Tell us below!

You can vote for rFactor on Steam Greenlight by clicking here.

Last edited:
My question is, what can be so complicated with the deployment on Steam that a small team of devs cannot deploy it themselves, but instead need to outsource this process?

And I don't care that it's such an old game, the more exposure sim racing gets, the better - and it's still superb to play with the right mods. Heck, if it were possible(I know it isn't though), they could even release Grand Prix 3/4 on Steam. I don't see the harm it does, to be honest.

Indie developers deploy in Steam, no trouble. The "learning" theory is pure blah.

They probably want to squeeze the last drops of the cow of RF1. Just that.

• Deleted member 130869

I am not a fan of Steam but cannot understand the absurd hammering about this move. Simbin did that with all their titles, why can't ISI? It doesn't matter if it is only now. ISI has had its own distribution system, they hadn't seen the need to try Steam.

This clearly is to reach people who don't know rF1, why does it seem to cause personal insult to so many? A company trying to make more income from a game that is one and done for us, yet with a lot of folks who never heard of it. We don't need to get to the base game's merits or lack thereof, the point here is it won't hurt and change anything to any of us, much less the portion of us who don't use rF1 anymore. Even if it's priced at $19.99 or more, which some believe could be too much for the actual content, so what?

If this move is to raise more funds or awareness to rF2 in the mid-term (or short or long), so what? Seriously guys, impartiality please.

Last edited by a moderator:
I voted yes, but I hope we can record our old keys. Like I did with SimBin GTR series games.
It would be a lot better to manage the game in Steam, and no need to put CD inside.
And maybe also more possibilities to get a good sale, for my "younger" friends.

• Deleted member 130869

I voted yes, but I hope we can record our old keys. Like I did with SimBin GTR series games.
It would be a lot better to manage the game in Steam, and no need to put CD inside.
And maybe also more possibilities to get a good sale, for my "younger" friends.

There may be the possibility of providing Steam keys to every current owner, which would be nice though unnecessary (unless some folks prefer to keep their stuff all in Steam) since the regular installer game would work with Steam game.

I'd like to mention one point, iRacing followed the Greenlight procedure on Steam. They're not in Steam yet. Any big deal? Nope.

Last edited by a moderator:
I clicked the link and voted no. Seriously ISI, this game is not new nine years old.

Common!
What's wrong with a bargain at the flea market?

I would never be simracing if there was no Simbin bigpack -50% deal on Steam. This was exactly 2 years ago when i got a G27 for X-mas 2012.
I became a RD member after 2 weeks of practice... :)

Simbin big pack deal at 50%: 17 euro's and i got GTR, GTR2, GTL, RACE07 with ALL expansion packs...

I vote Yes !!!! :D

If i only could find this old game... :rolleyes: I've played it a lot 20 years ago... :)

Anyway, let's just talk about the utility to NOT have it on Steam...
I cannot undestand what's wrong with having it on Steam. ;)

There's no really valid reason to vote NO, if not just to vote NO.

Maybe you mentioned logical reasons. But even with those reasons, NOT having the game on Steam will NOT make the world better in any way. ;)

Sorry for double posting, but I wanna underline another point: it's not said that having the game on Steam means ISI will change the installer to fit Steam use mandatory!

For example Ubisoft games not sold on Steam don't need Steam at all.
And lot of other games (i.e. Electronic Arts and others)...

I don't understand you people...

The only reason why Steam exist is to make more money.
As in from your wallets to theirs.
It does not exist for anything else than profits. If you think otherwise, the consumerism society has you by the balls. Your so brainwashed by it, you can't even see strait.

As for Steam giving keys... I have acres of swampland fr sale... cheap !

Wake up !

Maybe you're the only illuminated over here... but I think I'm able to reason with my own head and I'm able to see and feel what services make my player experience more comfortable or even more funny.

And Steam has those services. I feel much more comfortable on managing games on Steam than boxed / retail or even other digital platforms.
Whether you agree or not.

Steam or not steam well now it is on steam so no more about that.
New games need update of pc more ram memory better faster graphic cards better faster CPU.
This is happening with every new game that comes out,often every year.
People that like play games MUST update the pc with new hardware every year.
So they can play new games without problems like low fps or cpu is using 100 %.

I have bought all kinds of games from GTL to asseto corsa.
And im tired to buy new hardware and update my pc every year just too play new games.
My pc can not running smooth with rfactor 2 or asseto corsa smothless there is a limit for my pc.

I like to play games that my PC can run smooth so i stay with rf1 and simbins old games.

rf2 asseto corsa raceroom racing experince is no meaning to play because this games not run smooth on my pc.
Even if i have pay for this games i not like play them because of the stroboscop effect when my pc struggle to run smooth.
I can understand people that like rf1 because of that the pc people own can handle that games good.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back