VLM GTPC conversion Physics Teaser

Cars VLM GTPC conversion Physics Teaser V2

Login or Register an account to download this content
If the Niel physics are feeling completely off here's what worked for me:

As explained on the last page the realfeel references the Marcas Realfeel settings. The Niels car needs the FFB inverting (for me at least).

To do this, and not ruin the Marcas FFB we need to create unique entries for both cars

-Find the .veh named "WEC1982_PAg1" and open
-Scroll down to the line: Description="Marca Porsche 956 #1" and edit the word Marca to GTPC1
-Now you need to create a realfeel entry. Either simply take to the track with the car you've just edited (Richard Wilks physics in this example) or open up your realfeel ini and copy and paste the [Marca] entry at the bottom, changing the title from [Marca] to [GTPC1]
-For Niels' version simply edit the .veh description and take to the track. I knocke down the Max force to -2000 for a heavier feel

Here's my realfeel values for an easy copy/paste (don't forget to edit .veh entries)

[GTPC1]
MaxForceAtSteeringRack=3600.000000
SteeringDamper=11500.000000
FFBMixerRealFeelPercent=100.000000
FrontGripEffect=0.000000
SmoothingLevel=2
Kf=6000.000000
Ks=5.000000
A=1.000000
Kr=7.000000
[GTPC2]
MaxForceAtSteeringRack=-2000.000000
SteeringDamper=11500.000000
FFBMixerRealFeelPercent=100.000000
FrontGripEffect=0.000000
SmoothingLevel=3
Kf=6000.000000
Ks=5.000000
A=1.000000
Kr=7.000000

Are there any plans to obtain real driver feedback to help hone the authenticity of the mod? It looks like it has amazing potential, but it would seem necessary to have some input from at least one driver with experience from this era of racing.

Anyone know how to get in touch with Jacky Ickx?

I used to date Derek Bell's niece ;) - not kidding, actually.

Can I ask that you use a unique entry for the vehicle description in the .veh files e.g GTPC1.

I've noticed with this and your F1 71 mod you borrow current Reiza codes in your description, in that instance 'RETRO', if I remember correctly.

I appreciate that it allows you to use an exsisting FFB preset but as it doesn't create a new realfeel entry it means any changes I make on your Porsche via realfeel are applied to the Marcas. Most people will not be aware of this.

A unique description line will default the MaxForce to the default (-2500?) but if you include a recommended set of values (pasting in the Marcas values in this example) in a readme or in the download page this should be a fair compromiswe. :)

I understand that point CMGARAGE. The reason why i did things like i did was twofold.

First, this was conceived as a project for our historic league, so plug and play was key. Savy guys like you can easily correct or change things to their liking. but people who are not would be struggling and asking for help left right and center.

Second, i know by personal experience that people ignore readmes and instructions when they install a mod. Then at least the cars work straight away, and people won't come straight away complaining that they don't. But of course, your points are also valid, it's just that i had to make a choice..

I understand that point CMGARAGE. The reason why i did things like i did was twofold.

First, this was conceived as a project for our historic league, so plug and play was key. Savy guys like you can easily correct or change things to their liking. but people who are not would be struggling and asking for help left right and center.

Second, i know by personal experience that people ignore readmes and instructions when they install a mod. Then at least the cars work straight away, and people won't come straight away complaining that they don't. But of course, your points are also valid, it's just that i had to make a choice..

There is a simpler option for the interim: just change one line in each of the two .VEH files:

Description="V9561 Marca Porsche 956 #1"
Description="V9562 Marca Porsche 956 #2"

This will create the needed separate Realfeel entries for the two physics options.

If you pick one option for the final mod, just go back to the original line that will create a common Realfeel entry for all liveries called "Marca".

I for one really appreciate the opportunity to test the two different options. After tweaking my Realfeel for the #1 car, I switched to the #2 and ran into the settings incompatibility issue that I fixed with the above change. (Also note that the forces needed to be reversed on the #2.) I came here to post it and see that others have already posted about it. Hope this simple instruction can be implemented by @Richard Wilks or individual users. Being able to switch seamlessly back and forth between the two options will make testing more reasonable.

I love the feel of the #1 car, so was looking very forward to comparing it with #2!!! I'll be able to go do that now that I have separate Realfeel entries :)

EDIT: You will not want to use the existing "Description=" entries that default to "Marca" because there is already the Reiza Marcas series that uses that 5-letter Realfeel entry. The two will conflict with each other.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back