Vietnam Secures 2020 F1 Spot + First Drive Video

A large part of Vietnam is still littered with a variety of UXO left over from the conflict. The more tourist oriented areas have been cleaned up, but many areas remain where the work has been left to the civilians (as usual).
I seriously doubt a circuit could be built on Rice paddies or in areas where the water table is high, ergo the street circuit choice. As an aside, Vietnam is crisscrossed with waterways, so the amount of land available is limited, while the 'Highlands' are not really accessible.
And the weather is mostly crap.
I don't like catch-fences.
I've seen way too many drivers lose their lives or been crippled by them over the years.
If there isn't space to build a track that doesn't put drivers at unnecessary risk, then move on to another country that does have the resources.
Its that simple.

Last edited:
Another street-circuit GP in a country run by dictators with about 0 motorsport culture, that sounds like a move in the right direction. Thanks a lot to Liberty Media, it sure does "resonate with their values". I hope they go ahead with scrapping Silverstone and, later on, eventually implement Bernie's old plan to scrap Monza too.

I appreciate innovation but I'm 50/50 on this. There's nothing unique about the track layout that really stands out to make it memorable in a good way. We'll see i guess...

It would be cool to see funds offered to existing tracks around the world to update them to F1 standards. There's so many good tracks out there that with a bit of TLC and expansion would make for some great racing.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.2%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.3%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.3%
  • Trophies

Votes: 25 11.8%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 14 6.6%