Login or Register an account to download this content
abrimaal submitted a new resource:

Veschova - photogrammetric work in progress

Veschova 2022 by Abrimaal
for GTR2, GTR Evo and Race 07

Installation:
Copy the subfolder Veschova to GameData\Locations
Copy .trk file for GTR2 or Race07 to GameData\Locations\Veschova
It may crash. It may not start or hang the game, but this is the worst scenario.
This track is a long-term work in progress,
I publish it now, because the next part may be done next year.

It will be a hybrid track. Photographic and graphic models.
The road will be graphic, trees and signs too...

Read more about this resource...

Hello, abrimaal! For me, after the track is loaded, this happens...it's weird, because for you, it must be all right...

GRAB_000.jpg

GRAB_001.jpg

GRAB_002.jpg

Hmm... it looks like the skyboxi is missing or no hat file.
I will check the uploaded version.
Are you sure you copied the .trk file for R07 ?
These .trk files are in subfolders, because the .trk file is the only difference between GTR2 and R07 version.

Hmm... it looks like the skyboxi is missing or no hat file.
I will check the uploaded version.
Are you sure you copied the .trk file for R07 ?
These .trk files are in subfolders, because the .trk file is the only difference between GTR2 and R07 version.
I put exactly the .trk file of the GTR2. So the track opened without a problem. I don't have 3DSimED installed (my trial has expired) and I can't verify. If I find something, I'll let you know.

GRAB_061.jpg

GRAB_062.jpg

GRAB_063.jpg

GRAB_064.jpg

I started and finished normally from the downloaded file.
I know what could happen.
Below the track there is a drivable "underground" surface.
If you fall out of the track, you don't fall into a black hole, you just drive under the road.
veschova_editor_view.jpg

Is there a track map in GTR2 when racing ?
I think I should add corner markers, where to turn.
Look at the red-white barriers, because sometimes there is no road, even if buildings are there.
When you drive wrong way and the road ends, you may fall down on the underground.
If you fall down, press R key to return on the track.

One more issue: you started from practice or warmup.
I defined the garage and pit positions in BTBuilder, but these are positions for rFactor.
I really don't know why they don't work in GTR series.
All tracks I built in BTB or converted from rFactor have problems with starting the practice and finishing the race.
I know that something is incompatible, but I don't know what.

One more issue: you started from practice or warmup.
I defined the garage and pit positions in BTBuilder, but these are positions for rFactor.
I really don't know why they don't work in GTR series.
All tracks I built in BTB or converted from rFactor have problems with starting the practice and finishing the race.
I know that something is incompatible, but I don't know what.
Starting from training, warming up or qualifying is the same... The issue of garage configuration, in GTR2/GTL/Race 07 there are always three cars in each garage and in rFactor, the tracks often have two cars in each garage. Just configure the AIW file so that each garage has three cars. I'm trying to get 3DSimED to install again, then I'll be able to better check your track... and come back and do more conversions...

abrimaal updated Veschova with a new update entry:

AIW corrected, added objects

Download Link

THE TRACK .trk FILE FOR GTR2 is in a subfolder.
To play in GTR2, replace the .trk file for GTR Evo
They differ only by Search Paths.

+ The most of AIW errors are corrected (it is still too slow for AI cars)
+ Various road surfaces
+ Added some bumps on the road (they became jumps, should be downscaled, but I like these jumps :) )
+ A few new buildings (the slowest process)
+ Added collision to...

Read the rest of this update entry...

There is no need to improve textures. They are different every time when a new model is built.
When I update a model in Reality Capture, it generates completely different textures.
When the models are finished, whole streets with roofs (not single objects), there will be the time to think about smooth transitions between objects.

Yesterday I changed ShadowReceiver=true to false on the building at start (left rnk_n_02)
because the building on the right casted a huge shadow on it.
Now it looks better, but too early for a new release yet.

Maybe you could set up lighting for this track. Your released tracks look amazing.

Last edited:
There is no need to improve textures. They are different every time when a new model is built.
When I update a model in Reality Capture, it generates completely different textures.
When the models are finished, whole streets with roofs (not single objects), there will be the time to think about smooth transitions between objects.

Yesterday I changed ShadowReceiver=true to false on the building at start (left rnk_n_02)
because the building on the right casted a huge shadow on it.
Now it looks better, but too early for a new release yet.

Maybe you could set up lighting for this track. Your released tracks look amazing.

Thanks abrimaal, you rock too, guy... I don't have a computer (I use it borrowed or at work), but it's possible to improve the track lighting mainly through the track textures. The only problem is that this track is a little "heavy" to load, but I believe that when I get a new computer, I'll see what I can do.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.