vB Search replaced with Custom Google Search

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Should have done this months earlier but couldn't find the correct templates edits anymore. But as of today the mega annoying vbulletin search box is replaced with google search.

In the default search it's hard to find any proper results on your search query. Now simply define the terms of your search, drop them in the box above (in the navigation bar) and google will do the rest for you :thumb:

googlesearch.png

Lol you also hated the other one? vBulletin is a great piece of software in many ways, but they never found a decent way to implement a good search system.

Google is already our friend for a long time so we better use it :D

Sorry but I dont really like it + Ive already got a Goggle search bar just above it
that did the job the new one does....
I take it, it would be to hard to have one where there's a switch to choose between the two?(old & new)
Just a thought anyway, at least here at RD there's upgrades & responses to queries to make sure
that the site stays up to date & THAT is something I truely do appreciate,
Thanks for all the hard work you guys put in.
BLeeK

Lee, it's a forum search powered by Google, not a generic Google search. It's not that noticeable anyway, is it?

The old search was useless. It had the audacity to give me 0 results for a string, while I was looking at that exact string!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back